• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZ Forum's Old Farts (by comparison)

pun2003hh

BUILDING KICK!!! EXPLOSIONS!!!
Ok, first off, this is not an insult to anyone on the boards under the age of 25. Most of the posters I see on a daily basis can have great debates on wrestling and MMA despite their age, and at that point, I never even pay attention to their profile age.

But more and more, I noticed that there are a ton of immature asses on this forum (mainly happens with new members). Then I started to notice from conversations that other posters have that many of you are either in high school or very early in your college years.

Now I'm not an old man by any means, but I am 26 with a regular, 40 hour 9-5 job and just started a mortgage. So I was wondering who else on the forum is in a similar situation in their lives and what do you guys do for a living?

Again, this thread is not meant to trash the younger crowd, so please keep flaming me to a minimum (Though we are in the cage. Asking for minimum flaming here is like asking a bum to keep his BO to a minimum).

Well I've got a part time job and college. I do most of my best posts late at night. But how is it an offense to guys under 25?

Well I've got a part time job and college. I do most of my best posts late at night. But how is it an offense to guys under 25?

I did the whole job and college thing, not a fun experience, but more power to you bro.

And come on, people take get angry if you say the sky is blue. Making a like this one is just asking for guys like Loso, or his long lost twin, Hollywood Loso (hilarious) to be, well, themselves, aka annoying fuckers.

I'm 18. I'm currently working on my education with a part time apprenticeship position part time school period.

Currently I'm at my apprenticeship period where I work a regular 8-4 37 hour job 40 hour job as an It Supporter.

I'm 18. I'm currently working on my education with a part time apprenticeship position part time school period.

Currently I'm at my apprenticeship period where I work a regular 8-4 37 hour job 40 hour job as an It Supporter.

What are you studying?

I'm 24. I'm currently working on getting my Masters in Finance at Suffolk University. The economy sucked after I got my Bachelor's (it still does), and I wasn't going to play the waiting game any further as far as looking for a job goes. I also daytrade for myself and a couple of my friends, in addition to helping out my friend with his landscaping business as needed as well as working at my family friend's small business.

I'm in almost exactly the same situation. 27, mortgage about to start, working 5 days a week.

I'm 24. I'm currently working on getting my Masters in Finance at Suffolk University. The economy sucked after I got my Bachelor's (it still does), and I wasn't going to play the waiting game any further as far as looking for a job goes. I also daytrade for myself and a couple of my friends, in addition to helping out my friend with his landscaping business as needed as well as working at my family friend's small business.

I hear ya man, I got pretty lucky to land the gig that I did immediately out of college (right before the economy took a nice big shit) and am still pretty comfortable here. How did you get into the daytrading? I always had an interest but have limited knowledge of the market outside of the industry that I work in (office supplies).

I'm 22, work 40 hours a week as an Internet Tech, have a wife and kid, a house bill etc.

I must be the exception here as I'm not in my mid twenty's yet, but I got a lot of steps in life already handled.

I hear ya man, I got pretty lucky to land the gig that I did immediately out of college (right before the economy took a nice big shit) and am still pretty comfortable here. How did you get into the daytrading? I always had an interest but have limited knowledge of the market outside of the industry that I work in (office supplies).

Oh yeah, I was just in disbelief because the start of my senior year was right in September of 2008, when the economy decided to take that nice big shit, and my smug as hell investment management professor (who was telling us about his servants while all of this was going on) was just like "Oh I feel so bad for you seniors! Oh, good luck getting jobs in this economy!" This is also a guy who said he takes the CFA Exam for fun and takes pleasure in watching people struggle with it.

Anyway, my friend did penny stock trading, and he kind of helped me along getting started with it. It's really risky and there are a lot of scams, but you can avoid those as long as you're careful. There are companies who will open up for trading, and once they get what they're comfortable with, they'll just close.

Basically, I used to spend a lot of time just waiting for stocks to go up and down, and bought/sold appropriately. You can do very well IF you play it right. Extremely risky though.

I'm pretty comfortable now, so I just have things going on automatically where I set orders and pay very little attention... which is better off because you can definitely go crazy doing it for an extended period of time. I've educated my friends enough where they know what they're doing now, but some of them still have me do it for them.

Well, I'm 18 just out of high school and I earned myself a scholarship to the University of Utah. I work a bit, and I try to post as well as I can. So I don't really agree with the whole under 25 deal.

I am 21, finished college 2 years ago, got a job in the building trade 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday with half days on Saturday, digging trenches and the like.

The woman wants us to get a place of our own, and I could probably afford it, but generally I enjoy getting drunk on Saturdays far too much and cant really be bothered to worry about mortgages and the like, it's hard enough work just doing my tax return.

28, full-time manageral HR and recruiting job, married, own a condo.

So yea, old fart here.

Nice, I just bought a condo in the Fort Lee area. Was lucky enough to find one under 250k, North Jersey is a bitch when it comes to property value. Not gonna lie, didn't peg you as a recruiter. Looked into it because of my sales background, but it is not easy to find around here.

If you want to know the real answer, I am 22 and I've been looking for work for a couple months now. I got shitcanned at my last job along with about 15 other people as part of budget cuts. Never did school, but I did get my GED. I'll probably get into some kind of trade, but I got to get a job first to get around. I gots bills to pay. I really do flip bricks, though I really don't want to. But I got to get some scratch some way or another.

If you want to know the real answer, I am 22 and I've been looking for work for a couple months now. I got shitcanned at my last job along with about 15 other people as part of budget cuts. Never did school, but I did get my GED. I'll probably get into some kind of trade, but I got to get a job first to get around. I gots bills to pay. I really do flip bricks, though I really don't want to. But I got to get some scratch some way or another.

We need people like you.

26. Graduated college in 2002 with a bachelors degree in graphic design.

Work as a full-time graphic designer in New York City with a live-in girlfriend and her two annoying cats.

Currently renting in Brooklyn – looking to potentially buy a home a year from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back