WWF WrestMania 2000, WCW/NWO Revenge, or WWF No Mercy...

Greatest N64 wrestling game?

• WWF WrestleMania 2000

• WCW/NWO Revenge

• WWF No Mercy

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheLoneWolf

The Brazilian Surprise
Which of the before-mentioned game is the greatest wrestling game for the greatest system ever, the Nintendo 64.

In my opinion, No Mercy is the best. Revenge and Mania were great and set the stage for No Mercy, which took off and never looked back. It was the first wrestling game that had an interactive story mode for each title. The create-a-wrestler feature was amazing and was quite extensive, allowing the user to make pretty much any wrestler imaginable. All the different matche types and variations added a great touch to the game, along with what I think is a stellar roster and some pretty cool unlockable characters. I also liked that the game wasn't too difficult to play and fool around with...even though it took me years of on-and-off playing to finally unlock the Godfather's Ho. Survival mode was great and was one of my fav. features in the game, along with Smackdown Mall.

It is for those reasons that I say that WWF No Mercy is the best wrestling game for the N64 and in my mind, the best EVER. Honorable mention to: Revenge, Mania 2000, Attitude, World Tour, and Backstage Assault.

No Mercy was miles ahead of both. WM 2000 is a lighter version of No Mercy. the stories aren't as good, the create-a-wrestler is weaker and there's less moves and stuff to buy. The only feature that is great on there is create-a-belt. As for Revenge, it's good but it's bare bones. There's no story to anything and there's an edit mode, not a create-a-wrestler. It was great for its time but WWE blew it out of the water. No Mercy is wrestling on steroids and it works on every level. Amazing replay value makes it so much better. Best wrestling game ever for me.

WWF No Mercy easily. It had a ton of great stories behind it, a kick ass replay value, the ability to edit the current wrestlers into what you want them to look like is something that the current games should take account into, the wrestling & the graphics looked pretty kick ass as well.

I wouldn't exactly say one is better than the other, as they're more "advanced" games. Revenge was out first, in this list of 3. Followed by Mania, then No Mercy. So of course No Mercy is going to be the better of the trio, but that doesn't mean the other two aren't on the same level. Afterall, they're all the same exact game.

Revenge, to me, is in a class all it's own, because it's W.C.W.. it tops out over "W.C.W. vs the World" because it has a bigger list of W.C.W. wrestlers. Whereas, the first title had half the game filled with names I've never heard of, likely even fake.

Wrestlemania 2000 was okay, but it was weak in comparison to No Mercy.

So in the end, No Mercy will likely always win this just because it's the newest of the trio, and thus the more advanced. But all three of them, are roughly the same exact game.. only made in different times.

Revenge, to me, is in a class all it's own, because it's W.C.W.. it tops out over "W.C.W. vs the World" because it has a bigger list of W.C.W. wrestlers. Whereas, the first title had half the game filled with names I've never heard of, likely even fake.

Most of those characters who you haven't heard of in World Tour were thinly veiled versions of Japanese wrestlers. In Japan, the game was released with the characters with their original names. Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCW_vs._nWo_World_Tour

I know it's Wikipedia, but it's accurate as far as I know.

Edit:

Here, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Pro_Wrestling_64

That's the Japanese version. That's the most insanely diverse character list I've ever seen in a wrestling game.

I see WWF Warzone didn't make this list lol.

I never played Revenge. I liked Attitude for the fact that it incorporated new matches like First Blood (which was stupidly easy to achieve), plus you could only execute signature moves once your opponent was half beat, and then finishers when they were in red, unlike Warzone where you could do every move (except finisher) whenever you liked.

Plus the unlockable characters were a laugh. Weren't they just Paul Bearer and Head? Head had everyone's signature moves as regualr moves, and Paul Bearer's finisher was a splash off the top rope :lol:

For me No Mercy was the best mainly because a) you could drop a weapon and it stayed there to be used again, instead of simply evaporating like it did in 2000, AND if you slammed a guy onto a weapon on the floor, it would do more damage, b) you could brawl in the backstage area also, and c) the variety within the story modes.

One humorous anecdote, involves playing the Women's title story as Viscera, and then when it gets to Royal Rumble 2000, and the Divas have their swimsuit competition, and out came a CG Vis in a bikini. Not advised straight after eating.

The second involves an hour long first blood match between 2 characters with Rikishi as the guest Ref. Of course, he got busted open first, before the opponents and the match simply wouldn't end.

3Ds through the pool table were fun as well.

I didn't comment yet? Awful.

WWF No Mercy wins hands down. I only had this, plus WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy was just so much better. The controls and movement of the wrestlers were better, and I remember enjoying the ladder matches a lot. Can't remember why, maybe the gameplay for them was just epic at the time. Storylines were awesome, and it just beats WrestleMania 2000 hands down.

WrestleMania 2000 and WWF No Mercy are easily my favourite wrestling games. I own both of them and I pick No Mercy as the best game. It was very indepth for its time. A different storyline for each belt was awesome and the backstage areas were very sweet. The weapons staying in the ring and the ladder match were sick and I rather enjoyed the guest referee mode.

WWF No Mercy for me too. It is the greatest wrestling game ever. The others were good, but WWF No Mercy was the best. I really loved a lot of things from that match. I miss the 60 minute Iron Man and Special Guest Referee. I also miss the storylines for each and every belt, since most of the times there Road to..., sucks, even though this years is much improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back