WWE's Top 5 FA list.

Money Inc.

Pre-Show Stalwart
On the boards we spend a lot of time about wrestler "jumping ship" (WWE to TNA or vice versa of course) but I've noticed we really never talk about the companies going after free agents.

So I've decided to start a thread based on available (or in near-future available) talent for the WWE to take a look at.

So before we start, lets take a quick look at the top of the WWE food chain first IMO

Undertaker- At this point in his career you can count of the Undertaker receiving at least 3 months off minimum and working less house shows.

HHH- Like said above, HHH isn't going to work 10 months in a row consistently for the rest of his career. Even if he stays healthy, you always got to count in his role with WWE films, and his work as being a corporate guy (he does a lot of charity events, signings, etc)

John Cena-
We all know Cena would be willing to work every house show plus every T.V taping if he had the choice. With acting roles, TV appearances, and advertising we all know Vince is not going to allow him to wrestle 12 months a year.

Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio- These two are the wild cards of the WWE. Jericho has been the backbone of the company the past two years in my mind. When all the top dogs were injured and/or taking time off, Jericho was cutting brilliant promo after brilliant promo while putting on **** matches. We all know Jericho has other options available when he's ready to get out of the ring again (Fozzy and TV) I feel Rey Rey is the same way in the fact I could see Rey wrestling with the company another 5-10 years, but at the same time could see him taking his ball home within the next year to two. So no necessarily saying the WWE needs to be on red alert with these two, just saying having an idea it could happen wouldn't be the worst thought.

Edge- Injury Prone.. wish him the best of health but he's been injured 3-4 times in the past 6 years and IMO you can't count on him always being around due to injuries.

Big Show and Kane- Once again wild cards.. could be 5-10 years.. could be 2 years before they decide they've done all they can do for the business.
---------

With that being said the WWE has responded better within the past year with additions of Sheamus, McIntyre, NXT, and elevating the characters of The Miz, Nick Nemeth, Cody Rhodes, and few more. At the same time you can never have to big of a roster for having six hours of television a week.

So the thread is simple... name your top five/ten free agents out there that could get over in the WWE. Note this isn't the ten best available in-ring wrestlers necessarily (remember Cabana and Albrights WWE run) :disappointed:

--------

My Top five FA's (remember you cannot name wrestlers under contract unless your source claims the deal is coming up shortly)

1) Rene Dupree

Rene_Dupree_2.jpg

Dupree is currently scheduled for the AWR 2010 tour which will include the likes Scott Steiner, Pac, X-Pac, Sabu, Sid, Dunkie, and many more. Dupree is currently the American Wrestling Rampage Heavyweight championship (which he won from Rod Van Dam on the previous tour) I had the chance to see the footage of the match and Dupree really impressed me.

If you remember, Dupree has had two previous stints with the "E" which his pushes were both derailed due to wellness policy results. WWE has shown in the past that they are a forgiving company (Rey is a repeat offender, Masters is a repeat offender, Orton) When Dupree first came on to the scene he was a part of the tag team La Resistance The team debuted at a time where a lot of Americans were irate with France's decision to not join the United States and England in the middle east. Dupree had a lot of charisma and had the natural ability to get under the fans skin. After the split between the two, Dupree was drafted over to Smackdown where he became the "French Phenom" (The Rene Shuffle :worship:)

On Smackdown Dupree had feuds with John Cena, Eddie Guererro, Rey Mysterio, and Rod Van Dam. Dupree was ultimately written off T.V after the Undertaker "sacrificed" Dupree to send a message to Randy Orton who he was feuding with at the time. Keep in mind at this time in his career Rene is only 20 years old.

In June of 2005 Dupree received possibly his biggest push when he went on a lengthy winning streak before ultimately getting injured (at that time it was believe to be a career ending injury...it was a hernia I believe) Nearly a year later Dupree returned to ring debuting a new gimmick on the ECW brand. Dupree cut a number of vignettes saying he was going to become the most extreme wrestler in ECW history. (this got him heat immediately with the ECW faithful) For the second time in nearly a year Dupree's push was derailed, this time because a failed drug test. After receiving help and rehab, Dupree requested his release in 2007 to deal with personal issues.

Dupree is currently 26 years old and I consider him a WWE talent. He might not be the best wrestler available but I feel he fits the "wwe mold" to say. He has the Vince McMahon look mixed in with good in-ring skills and a ton of charisma. I hope the WWE forgives him for past issues and offers him another shot with the company.

# 2&3: The Briscoe Brothers

Main---Briscoes_605252a.jpg

For this pic I'm going to invoke the "near-future" rumor that I stated above. The Briscoe Brothers are rumored to be FA's early fall. The two received two tryout matches with the WWE earlier this year and management was said to be very high on them. Being a huge fan of tag-team wrestling, I think the addition of IMO the best tag team in the world today would be a great addition. Once again I'm not 100% sure on their contract status with ROH wrestling, but many dirt sheets have them being FA's early fall.

#4: TJ Perkins

tj02.jpg

TJP received a few matches with the company late last year but never received a contract to my knowledge. TJP has been one of the best indy wrestlers in the past 5 years and I feel he could get over with his mat wrestling and ability to create memorable spots. He doesn't necessarily have a "Vince body" but neither did Evan Bourne.

#5: James Mitchell or Kenny Bowlin

mitchell.jpg

bolin1.jpg

WWE has been content with allowing the art of the manager sit on its death bed. I can't remember the last time the WWE actually had a manager (not a vallet, not somebody to hold a title, a manager)

I feel these two are the best two managers today when it comes to heels. I feel Mitchell has numerous potential maybe evena feud with the Undertaker. Bowlin can bring back Bowlin Services and continue to be the on camera genius he is.

Honorable Mentions include: Booker T, Petey Williams, Rocky Romero, Sonjay Dutt, Mark Jindrak, Kenny Doane
----------

So name your top 5 and feel free to comment on mine!

Reactions: gd
I agree that the Brisco's could be a great acquisition for WWE, as they need more than 3 tag teams. But the biggest FA that WWE could get has to be the 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time WCW Champ BOOKER T!!! He's always been one of the most entertaining performers in my opinion, and is hilarious on the mic. Granted he's getting older, but he can def be a possible World Champ on Smackdown again as their main event power is a little lacking. He would be the most entertaining wrestler on Smackdown I feel.

well I gotta go with the most obvious #1 pick at the moment, the man they foolishly let escape: Bryan Danielson

Up next is a guy who's praises have been sung on the web for years, but has seemingly fallen off the planet, Sean O'Haire. If he is still in any kind of ring shape, his charisma, size, and agility would be an asset to WWE.

For my third pick, I'm not sure of his FA status, but I'd imagine it's probably not too far off, former Tough Enough alum, and current ROH star: Kenny King. Don't know why, just always liked the guy, and of all the former TE contestants he is one of the very few that has hung in there, and continuted to work at his craft, and I think he deserves his go in the big leagues.

For number 4, I'm going with Mr. Águila aka Essa Rios, aka Papi Chulo, despite wrestling since the mid 90s, with a WWE stint in there as well, he is still only 31 years old. Now granted the guy is never gonna be any good on the mic, as if I recall correctly he didn't even want to fully learn engligh when he was in the 'E the first time. However, think of the matches he could put on with guys the likes of Rey, Evan Bourne, Morrison, etc. I feel like with better opponents he could really create some moments nowadays. Imagine that Luchador style in a MitB match, can we say highlight reel?

and lastly, Awesome Kong. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan, but if WWE wants to have any legitimacy in it's women's division it needs to stop hiring models in spandex and start hiring WRESTLERS. Having Gail Kim, Beth Phoneix, and Kong is a step in the right direction towards this in my book (also rehiring Mickey James, but seeing as they just canned her obviously they don't agree so she'd be a wasted pick)

Delirious: Mainly because I think his gimmick would fit with the WWE. Great wrestler as well and always entertaining.

Extreme Tiger: Great wrestler, looks just like Rey-Rey, etc. Has gotten over really well in Mexico.

Mistico: The MAN in Mexico. Would love to see him in the WWE.

Briscoe Brothers: Great tag team.

That's pretty much it. I'd like to see Daniel Bryan back as well.

Great question

#5: Rob Conway
rob_conway_02.jpg

He's about in his mid 30s now. But when asked about a WWE comeback, he said he was not going to be ruling it out. I mean, he is a phenomenal worker, having tagged for many years with Nick Dinsmore in the Lords of the Ring tag team in OVW. He also has a look to him, and saw his mic skills improving when he got his first big singles push after La Resistance. It seems logical enough, so I really think WWE could give him a look.

#4: Michael DiBiase
MD1.jpg

Sure he's the oldest of Ted's sons. I think there may have been a time back when he was once given a look by WWE. But lately he's been a mainstay in NWA-Pro, and I think that has helped him a lot. Although he's in his 30s, he has just as much upside in the ring as either of his brothers and can work well in a storyline with Ted Jr, or even Brett when he gets called up.

#3: "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
daniels.jpg

No longer is Daniels tied down to a TNA contract. Now in days, he can be found working the indies again in promotions like PWG and ROH. Still, he is free pickings to the WWE. One can say that similar to Bryan Danielson, Daniels has done everything there is to do in wrestling... except compete in the WWE. I'd love to see him take a crack at it. But he's a phenomenal all-round worker, so talent scouts would have to be foolish not to be giving Daniels a look.

#2: "A-Double" Austin Aries
austinaries.jpg
RickRude037.jpg

Simply put, forget AJ. This man is the next Nature Boy. And for nostalgia purposes I guess, A-Double has already succeeded in becoming the reincarnation of Rick Rude. Look at the above comparison. And as good as Ravishing was in the ring, Aries also brings a speed element to the table, as well as near matching Rude's uncanny technical ability. It used to be where the best from around the world, no matter who tried their luck in the WWF. Or at least thats how it was back in the 80s. But if anyone deserves a shot in WWE, it's this guy. Just watch his matches.

#1: Bryan Danielson
bryan-danielson-2.jpg

Obvious one. He has to be at least targeted for a return right now after he was unceremoniously sent packing due to recieving the rawest deal in wrestling history. But he'll be back. And he'll bring his unique skill set with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back