• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE's main eventers

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
Here's a list of WWE's current main eventers:

John Cena- 12 or 13 time world champ, putting over talent
CM Punk- One of the best wrestlers and current WWE champion
Sheamus- Stale face, but is World Heavyweight Champion
Daniel Bryan- My personal favorite, very good wrestler
Kane- Awesome heel, seems crammed into the WWE championship match
Alberto Del Rio- I like this guy, but there's something missing
Big Show- The monster heel of the bunch

Injured/suspended main eventers:
Randy Orton- See Cena (except less title reigns), suspended
Chris Jericho- Done.
Wade Barrett- Should be world champ this year, better William Regal.
Mark Henry- Injured, willing to bet on a face turn
Rey Mysterio- Won't be around much longer

About ready to enter the main event/falling out of the main event picture:
Cody Rhodes- Is almost ready to be world champ, watch out in 2013.
Dolph Ziggler- Very good, needs to ditch Vickie A.S.A.P.
Christian- Better at midcard anyway, will put over talent
The Miz- Oh how the mighty have fallen! He'll be here for awhile I think.
Jack Swagger- Former champ needs to lose Ziggler.

By 2017, I predict this:
Main Eventers:
Dolph Ziggler
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Richie Steamboat
Sin Cara
Wade Barrett

Putting over talent:
CM Punk
Sheamus

Retired:
Mark Henry
John Cena
Randy Orton
Big Show
Rey Mysterio
Alberto Del Rio

Now, my questions:
Can WWE survive through 2017?
Will the WWE be able to function with these main-eventers?
What do you think the picture will look like in 2017?

I thank you for all responses in advance.

They will survive surely, because they have a huge global base and support. Like you said, many of them will retire, some of them will become legends, some will go to other companies, and many new talents will emerge as well, therefore i say it will remain the same way it is now, in terms of superstar management. As you know, wrestling is a dying business. it will be there, but will have a lot less impact/attraction on people than it does now.

of course they will survive, if WWE feel they need fresh talent, they will just wave their chequebook around. Jericho isnt done, he is serving a 30 day suspension then returning to wreslte through to Summerslam.

By 2017, I predict this:
Main Eventers:
Dolph Ziggler
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Richie Steamboat
Sin Cara
Wade Barrett

Leaving Wade Barrett none of those guys will be considered main-event caliber talent with the exception of Daniel Bryan.

Putting over talent:
CM Punk
Sheamus

Retired:
Mark Henry
John Cena
Randy Orton
Big Show
Rey Mysterio
Alberto Del Rio

Randy Orton is 32. CM Punk is 33 and Sheamus is 34. How can a younger guy retire before the older guys ?

Can WWE survive through 2017?
Yes.

Will the WWE be able to function with these main-eventers?
No.

I could see 2 new guys in the main event picture by then we havent even thought of. And if so, then Id think the WWE would be ecstatic......Then figure in 5 new guys who are like Dolph, Cody, Henry and etc. The rest after a couple new main eventers just kinda fall into line as they really dont matter.

As for CM Punk, i see him retired by 2017. I remember an interview he did last year where he said in 5 years from now, he would be retired. He doesn't want to wrestle if he can't do it at 100%

My 2017 main eventers would be:
Main Eventers:
Dolph Ziggler
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Dean Ambrose
Wade Barrett
The Miz (maybe)
Sheamus
Alberto Del Rio

Putting over talent:
John Cena
Randy Orton
The Miz (Miz is already putting talent over now, so i see him going into the main event or putting over talent)

Retired:
Mark Henry
Big Show
Rey Mysterio
HHH
Undertaker
CM Punk

Here's a list of WWE's current main eventers:
Wade Barrett- Should be world champ this year, better William Regal

Uhmm... Wut? Wade Barret is alright, but a better William Regal?? Regal is a future hall of famer who could of been a main event had of he had not failed drug testing during his general manager angle. As of now Barret isn't even close to Regal's level.

2017, I predict this:
Main Eventers:
Dolph Ziggler
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Richie Steamboat
Sin Cara
Wade Barrett

Not a bad list, but it's really difficult to predict things like this. For example, five years ago I thought that todays WWE main-eventers would be the likes of Mr. Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, Batista, MVP, etc. Who could've predicted that so much would've changed in just a couple of years? Who knows, the next big thing may not have even debuted or even signed a contract yet.

I'm pretty sure Orton has a contract with WWE until 2019, so I doubt he'll have retired by 2017. He may have been around for years but he's still a young guy

2017 is such a length to talk about, surely it would be much easier to talk about the main event roster in 2014 or so. So much can happen in two years, what if cena breaks his neck? What if punk retires shockingly next year to pursue other life goals.
For me Barrett is surely going to move into the main event, he had a lot of steam before his injury and is a damn good performer.
Dolph and Cody are two dudes i think will win their first title of briefcases before entering a meaningful feud.
Sheamus, Orton, Cena, Punk and Bryan should shape out the tip top of the main event roster as they are over now and can put people over/hold titles for lengthy reigns.
As for the dudes coming up from FCW, my money is on Seth Rollins and Damien Sandow to do good things, but I cannot really tell if they will be main event players at this early stage and not seeing Rollins on WWE yet

To project out who will be on top by 2017 is about an ignorant of an argument as people wanting Big Daddy V back on the roster. Yes, some of the guys on your list should be major stars within the next few years Ambrose, Rollins, Barrett, Steamboat, etc. That being said, did you take into consideration that WWE could sign talent from TNA, ROH or some other indie? I mean in 2007 did you know who Wade Barrett was? How about Sheamus? How about Brodus Clay? What if I would have told you in 07 that Dos Caras Jr. and Brian Danielson were going to be future WWE champions? I'm sure you would have laughed me off this board. I also disagree with many of the retirees. Cena will still be on the roster in five years, he is only 34, he may be in his last years but he will still be on the roster and probably in the main event picture still. Punk won't be putting over talent, he is too smart business wise. I'm sure if he were demoted to jobbing he would either retire or go back to ROH to finish his career off. Sheamus is in very high standing with WWE and has even been discussed as replacing Cena if he were to ever go heel as the top babyface draw. So why in five years would he be putting over talent? Unless he were to flop in some way or piss the wrong people off Sheamus is going to be where he is at for a very long time. I could see Orton on the TNA roster in five years, especially if he doesn't straighten up his act. I also agree with what mrfantastic111 stated. Five years ago if you asked me, I would probably have said that Mr. Kennedy would be one of if not the top names in the company along with Jeff Hardy and MVP. Who knows maybe WWE goes out and gets Roderick Strong or Davey Richards and they become huge draws by 2017. Maybe Roy Nelson retires from UFC and crosses over like he has stated and becomes a huge star. Maybe John Morrison dumps Melina and comes back and finally gets a huge push. These are all reasons we can never project five years into the future of pro wrestling!

This thread kind of looks at this like baseball or other pro sports....wrestling has no real base of retiring and age, and stuff like that....dudes can go forever, and "retire" and come back constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back