• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWElites, Blue Team

And why are we down towards the bottom of the page?

Capitol Punishment is tonight and I'm more excited than I think I should be considering the card was pretty much thrown together. Can't wait though.

Yeah it should be an alright show. I just hope we don't see a fake Obama or any more of those terrible fake interviews.

Good stuff Theo. Just a heads up, remember to post it in the PPV section instead of the general WWE section.

I'm also pretty excited for tonight's show, but I have a feeling it'll be a bit of a flop. I'm looking forward to good matches in Rey/Punk and Ziggler/Kingston, but that's as far as the good wrestling will go I think. Wade and Zeke should be OKAY at best, Miz vs. Riley should be embarrassing, Christian/Orton could be very good, but I'm worried after Christian looked like shit on Friday and Orton still being hurt. Cena vs. Truth is going to be bizarre, and you KNOW something really strange is going to happen in it. I anticipate Truth doing some seriously silly stuff in that match. That leaves us with Del Rio vs. Big Show, which is a toss up, but I doubt it'll be anything besides a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin'.

Good stuff Theo. Just a heads up, remember to post it in the PPV section instead of the general WWE section.

I'm also pretty excited for tonight's show, but I have a feeling it'll be a bit of a flop. I'm looking forward to good matches in Rey/Punk and Ziggler/Kingston, but that's as far as the good wrestling will go I think. Wade and Zeke should be OKAY at best, Miz vs. Riley should be embarrassing, Christian/Orton could be very good, but I'm worried after Christian looked like shit on Friday and Orton still being hurt. Cena vs. Truth is going to be bizarre, and you KNOW something really strange is going to happen in it. I anticipate Truth doing some seriously silly stuff in that match. That leaves us with Del Rio vs. Big Show, which is a toss up, but I doubt it'll be anything besides a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin'.

Negative Nancy. I do agree for the most part though.

I agree with some of that. Ray/Punk will be good. They've gone at it lots, but seem to always work something new into it. Ziggler/Kingston I'm undecided with. I just don't like Ziggler in the US title picture. He's beyond it now, and I don't think there will be anything new in this match. Wade Zeke is going to be a ton of slams. Thats about it. Miz Riley I actually think is going to be a good match. I have high hopes for the Kid, and cant wait to finally see what he's got. Christian/Orton I've got reservations about, but with Orton saying he passed his impact test, all should be okay. As far as Cena Truth.. There's a first time for everything. That's all I'll say about that match right now.

If R-Truth wins the WWE Champion, I'm quitting from watching the WWE!
I can see Christian winning the world champion, because if Orton wins, Christian will go down in the ranks and SD! only as Sheamus has a believable contender, and that's about it, so I can easily see Christian winning here and continuing this good feud so far...

Why so? Riley/Miz is the match I’m looking forward to the most outside of Orton/Christian.

I love Miz in the ring, but there's no way he can carry Riley to a good match. Riley flat out blows, and he's a botch machine. I have a feeling all the hype about how he's going to be the next big thing will be killed after he puts on a dud performance tonight.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I have very little faith in Riley's ability to do anything more than brawl.

Riley can put on a convincing enough brawl. I'm not sure about anything else. Being the first person to accidentally eliminate themselves out of the Rumble in a century certainly doesn't inspire confidence.

I've never seen the appeal in Alex Riley. He just has awesome theme music. Pretty much, he is the American Drew McIntyre.

Riley isn't bad in the ring, he can sell very well, but anything asides like a dropkick he never seems to pull off well.

And am I one of the only people looking forward to Barrett and Jackson? I know the match will probably be decent at best, but Jackson for a big guy deserves far more credit than he gets. He moves pretty well for someone of that size, and Barrett has been shown to be a fairly good performer since coming to Smackdown.

I think Zeke vs. Wade Barrett will be average. Zeke is a two trick pony, and Wade Barrett has become duller than dirt. I'm really just looking forward to Zeke's two tricks, annihilate his opponent with lariats and powerslams, and then the torture rack submission.

And Riley's theme music is so awesome, but I feel like it fits Daniel Bryan so much better. The WWE is wasting if on Riley.

The match itself wasn't the best, I think he means. Orton vs. Sheamus was better than Christian vs. Sheamus. Christian didn't move as fluid as he usually does, but to me, if he has a lacklustre performance on SD! than he'll probably have a better performance against Orton.

Also people have to remember Orton is barely even recovered from a concussion, so if WWE will take a risk or not on him is a pretty good question.

To those saying Riley can only brawl, he can't even do that properly. Need I remind you of this shitstorm?

[YOUTUBE]hx53irheGMo[/YOUTUBE]

It's not a matter of his character looking strong, it's his work. He was carried by Sheamus for most of the match, and his mic work was generic.

To those saying Riley can only brawl, he can't even do that properly. Need I remind you of this shitstorm?

[YOUTUBE]hx53irheGMo[/YOUTUBE]

To be fair, he wasn't exactly able to brawl with someone like the Miz, he was brawling with Titus O'Neil and The Genesis, of the beginning of the start of the genesis of McGillicutty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back