• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wwedvdnews.com Announces top 50 matches of all time DVD

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
www.wwedvdnews.com has announced that a DVD is in the works which will contain the top 50 matches of all time!!! Have to say I cant wait for this. This is something WWE need to do to for the younger fans! As a side note, they are also doing Raw Seasons 3&4 which we all expected AND a best of Nitro seasons 1&2, nice news!!!

So which matches HAVE to be on this DVD??? I havent got time to think about 50, or list them, but for me...

Hogan vs Andre (WM3) - Defining moment in WWE history.
Hogan vs Warrior (WM6) - Another defining moment.
Bret vs Bulldog (Summerslam 92) - Bret carries Bulldog to a 5 star match.
HBK vs Taker (Bad Blood 97) - HIAC for the first time. Brutal.
HHH vs Foley (Rumble 00) - Steel Cage and hardcore at its finest.
Rock vs Austin (WM17) - Fast paced, brutal, Austin heel turn.
Rock vs Hogan (WM18) - Icon vs Icon and crowd was soooo hot.

I am pretty sure Bret, Angle, HBK, Brock and Cena (will do) which feature more on this DVD...obviously have to consider some of the Benoit matches and whether or not they will show them. Benoit vs Angle RR03 was amazing. Doubt it will make the cut though.

I just hope WWE dont f**k it up like they look to be doing with the Top 50 Superstars DVD!!!

Will no doubt be a great complation, but I predict there will be much debate once it is released over which matchs were omitted.

*HHH v Foley at Rumble 2000 was a Street Fight

Offhand

Savage-Steamboat for the IC title
HBK-Hart Iron Man Match

Two that should be but wont
HHH vs HBK return streetfight as Summerslam
HBK vs Mr Perfect

Taker vs Rock vs Angle - Vengeance 02
Lesnar vs Angle WM19
TLC I & TLC II should definately both be in although they'll probably only pick one (You could make a case for TLC III as well)
HHH vs Stone Cold (3 stages of hell) - NWO 01
Benoit & Angle vs Rey & Edge - 2 of 3 falls on Smackdown in late 2002
RVD vs Jeff - Ladder match at Summerslam 01
Jerico vs HBK - WM19
HBK vs Angle - WM21
Edge vs Eddie G - No DQ match on Smackdown in 2002

...to name a few. Of course there is also the most infamous match in WWE history, Taker vs Mankind HIAC at KOTR 98. Epic.

This could and should be th greatest DVD the WWE has ever made, but I bet they fuck it up in some way by including several John Cena matches and the Punjabi Prison match!!

It surely must have on it:

The Hardy Boyz v Edge And Christian tag team ladder match from No Mercy
Undertaker v HBK at WM (the 1st one)
HBK vs Razor Ramon ladder match (the 1st one)
Triple H v Austin 3 stages of hell
Bret Hart v HBK Iron Man match
At least one of the TLC matches
Andre v Hogan (this WILL be on even though it sucked)
Bret v Bulldog for the IC title at Summerslam
The Rock v Austin at WM 17
The Rock v Hogan at WM 18
Undertaker v HBK (HIAC)
Undertaker v Mankind (HIAC)
Triple H v Cactus Jack (Street Fight)

Those are my pics, mostly from the modern era. However, they are unlikely to all be on there due to matches from the 70s/80s that need covering too

Here's some matches that I would like to see
included...

HBK vs Bret Hart "Iron Man match" - WM12 1996:worship:
HBK vs Undertaker - WM 25 2009:worship:
Bret Hart vs British Bulldog - SummerSlam 1992
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart - WM 10 1994
HBK vs Razor Ramon "ladder match" - WM 10 1994
Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit - Monday Nitro 1999 (believe it was October 4th)
Edge & Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit - No Mercy 2002
Kurt Angle vs HBK - WM 21 2005:worship:
HBK vs Chris Jericho - WM19 2003:worship:
HBK vs Triple H - SummerSlam 2002
Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect - SummerSlam 1991
Chris Benoit vs Triple H vs HBK - WM20 2004
Hardyboys vs Edge & Christian "ladder match" - No Mercy 1999
Stone Cold vs Bret Hart "Submission match" - WM13 1997

Lookin forward to this release as with all wwe dvd releases, however i do fear it will be a watered down version i.e. highlights only. With disc 2 & 3 showing select matches in their entirity hopefully. Thing is, for me, best match of all time (wwe) is HHH v HBK v Benoit Mania 20, and there is absolutely no way any Benoit match will be acknowledged in this set or any other for that matter. So it may disappoint alot of viewers who have a high opinion of Benoit's talent. As mentioned, Angle v Benoit rumble 03, even mania 17, must be top 50 but wont be.

I've recently been working on my own personal list of top 50 wwe matches (before this set was announced how funny) and for those interested here is my top 10:

10) Angle v Benoit Rumble 2003
9) Jericho v HBK Mania 19
8) Stone Cold v The Rock Mania 17
7) Randy Savage v Ricky Steamboat Mania 3
6) Bret hart v HBK Ironman Match
5) Bret Hart v Stone Cold Mania 13
4) Undertaker v HBK Hell in a Cell
3) HHH V HBK Summerslam 2002 Unsanctioned
2) HHH V Stone Cold 3 stages of Hell No Way Out 2001
1) HHH v HBK v Benoit Mania XX

I'm expecting at least one of the many Chavo vs. Hornswoggle classics. That would be the best possible moooove for the people producing the DVD.

I can see most of the matches that were on the 'Wrestlemania's 10 Greatest Matches' being on this DVD.

Coco is right though. Some of you do have awful taste. Wrestlemania 12? Come off it. That match was horrible up until the last 2 minutes where you only wanted to see who won.

Well, I'm not going to pretend to be an authority on the greatest matches in WWE's history. But here's some matches I'd really like to see on this list:

- Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat- This is widely considered to be a classic, and frankly put, it deserves its hype.

- Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior, WrestleMania VII- Legendary, and sadly forgotten, match. For those of you who fondly remember HBK vs. Undertaker, I invite you to time travel back to 1991 and see Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man tear the house down at WrestleMania. Plus, it was the epitome of Vince McMahon's image of what wrestling should be: colorful characters, dramatic action, and an emotional finale.

- Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, WrestleMania X- The best opening match in the history of WrestleMania, bar none. A technical masterpiece which featured a rare brother vs. brother storyline.

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker, Hell in a Cell- The match that set the bar so high for this style of match that it influenced Mick Foley to jump off the cage 8 months later in order to not disappoint fans. Shawn and Undertaker delivered a classic in this match, and on top of the greatness they had, Kane made his debut.

- Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock, WrestleMania X8- Electricity can make a match. Need a case in point? This is it.

- Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz, No Mercy 1999- I didn't think a tag team ladder match would work. I'm glad to say I was definitely proven wrong. Most people hold the later TLC series of matches as higher up, but this is the one that started the whole trend. And in my personal opinion, besides perhaps TLC I at SummerSlam, this match stands out as the best in their series and one of the most important matches in WWE history.

- Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker- No Way Out 2006.- Intense, incredible match. Ignoring Fully Loaded 2000, it became physically impossible for Kurt Angle and The Undertaker to have a bad match. No Way Out 2006 however stands above all others as a legendary contest that anyone can point at as a top match in the history of WWE.

- Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle, Royal Rumble 2003- You know what? Screw it. I know a match with Chris Benoit is unlikely to even appear on the DVD. It doesn't take away from the fact that Benoit and Angle tore the house down on this night and got the crowd in the palm of their hands with technical wrestling. They were so over that Chris Benoit got a standing ovation after the match despite losing.

- Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena, Raw April 2007- Despite not being a John Cena fan, I have to appreciate this match as a truly great match. The match went nearly an hour, and unlike the Iron Man match from WrestleMania 12, this one did not bore at all. This match is one of the better TV matches I've ever seen, and it was definitely more watchable and a better product than their match at WrestleMania.

- Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect, SummerSlam 1991
- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker, WrestleMania 25 and 26
- Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior, WrestleMania VI
- Triple H vs. The Rock, SummerSlam 1998

Coco is right though. Some of you do have awful taste. Wrestlemania 12? Come off it. That match was horrible up until the last 2 minutes where you only wanted to see who won.
It kind of hurts a lot when you watch the match nowadays and already know it will end in a 0-0 tie and you will have to watch a full hour of no pinfalls. I think that match would have a whole different feeling and would be much better if you could watch it live without knowing that the real deal happens in the additional time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back