• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top 50 Greatest Matches of all time

Tharper16

The Child with big plans
This would be a great idea for a dvd. If wwe included then entire match and not just bits and pieces of it. I would have it be a three set disc. each disc would have a match for example on disc one match number 50 could be Hulk vs Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania three. Superstars would talk about it then they would show the actually match and then continue on down the countdown.

My questions to you are

1. What would be ur top 50 matches of all time

2.What would be your number 1 and why

3. Would go buy such a dvd.

4. Should WWE do this type of dvd

1. What would be ur top 50 matches of all time
I dont think anyone has the time to list 50 of the greatest matches of all time.. that would take very long to just type them all down. Plus, there are lots of debates over what's really the best (but that's a given).
First of all, are we talking ALL of Professional Wrestling, or just WWE?
Im assuming just WWE, so here's just a few off the top of my head..
-Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (WM 25)
-Bret Hart vs Steve Austin (WM 13)
-Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat (WM 3)
-Bret Hart vs The British Bulldog (SummerSlam 1992)
-Mankind vs Undertaker (King of the Ring 1998)
-John Cena vs CM Punk (Summerslam 2011)

2.What would be your number 1 and why
HBK vs Undertaker, WM 25, sorry if it sounds cliche, but I honestly think this is the best match I've seen.

3. Would go buy such a dvd.
Yes, assuming it doesn't cost too much. I would wait to see the reviews of said DVD, like on Amazon.com. If fans gave the DVD a good rating, I would.
4. Should WWE do this type of dvd
For some reason, I can't help but feel this DVD has already been made.. idk, these type of DVDs come out all the time, and are usually mediocre. But if it had all 50 greatest matches in their entire format, not edited or shortened, then it would be great. I would wait until Wrestlemania 30 to release this DVD, because it may be a good way to promote it.

In no certain order..
(Money in the Bank 2011) CM Punk vs. John Cena
(Wrestlemania 12) Bret Hart vs. Shawn Micheals- Ironman Match. WWE Title.
(Wrestlemania 19) Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Micheals
(Wrestlemania 25) The Undertaker vs. Shawn Micheals
(Wrestlemania 20) Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Micheals- World Heavyweight Title.
(Summerslam 2003) Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar- WWE Title.
(Wrestlemania 3) Steamboat vs. Savage- Intercontiental Title.
(Wrestlemania 17) Stone Cold vs. The Rock- WWE Title.
(Wrestlemania 18) The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan
(Survivor Series 2002) Kane vs. Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho vs.
Shawn Micheals vs. Triple H- Elimination Chamber Match. World Heavyweight Title.
(Wrestlemania 14) Stone Cold vs. Shawn Micheals- WWE Title.
(RAW April 2007) John Cena vs. Shawn Micheals- Wrestlemania Rematch.
(SD! March 2004) Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio- WWE Title

^^ That's all off the top of my head.

My number 1 would be.. Rock and Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 17.
I just love that match.

I would definately buy a dvd like this and WWE should make one.

i agree too long to post all 50 but ill run down some of my fav high profile matches. and some of them not jus cause of the match itself but some due to the buils up and consiquences of the match itself.
ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS HOGAN(WM 6)
BRETT HART VS STONE COLD(WM 13)
WARRIOR VS SAVAGE(WM 7)
HOGAN VS MCMAHON(WM 19)
ANDRE VS HOGAN(WM 3)
SNUKA VS DON THE ROCK( CAGE MATCH)
i could sooo go on and on but every one of these matches i have listed has something significant about it and the build ups were perfect before said matches. im not sure if i could pick a number one even from the ones i listed, but i will pick a random match and give my reasons....... lets go with my first one listed...ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS HOGAN. the buils up was great for they were the top 2 stars the wwf had at the time and insanely popular. as far as i know it was the first time they had a face vs face match and they were to some degree carbon copies og each other. same fan base, very similair bulids and strength. it was to be a passing of the torch from hogan to warrior and nobody really knew who was going to win this match. not to mention it was hogans first ever ic title challenge and warriors first ever world title match. it lived to its hype and will always be a top 10 match. now would i buy this dvd? if it was done right, yes i would in a heartbeat. if it was done like the omg dvd full of crap, then no. the matches have to be full and include some of the build up and the reasons for the matches with interviews. not biased crap like with the case of the warrior in his dvd. honest opinions and candid reactions like edge talked bout when he mentioned hogan vs warrior when he was a kid. and lastly, hell yeah they should do this dvd. its a gold mine jus waitng to happen and may be nostolgic for some older fans and educate newer fans of the greatness that came before super cena and orton.

I agree with you all that it might be a little long to type i understand i didn't think that one through. My matches i would say in the top 50 would be
Kane vs Undertaker WM 14
Kane vs Undertaker Inferno
Undertaker vs Mankinda Hell in a Cell
Triple H vs Catuas Jack Street Fight
TlC 1
TLC 2
Shawn vs Triple H street fight summerslam
Hogan vs Andre Wm 3
HBK vs Hart Wrestlemania 12
Hart vs Austin WM 13
Cena vs JBl I quit match
Miz vs John Morrison raw
Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton
Edge and Mick vs Terry and Tommy at one night stand
Shane vs Kurt king of the ring

You should reduce it to about maybe 20 matches of all time. Some of my favorites ate taker vs Shawn, Austin vs Bret, triple threat at vengeance 2002 etc.... basically most of the critically acclaimed matches wich are always above average.

i agree too long to post all 50 but ill run down some of my fav high profile matches. and some of them not jus cause of the match itself but some due to the buils up and consiquences of the match itself.
ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS HOGAN(WM 6)
BRETT HART VS STONE COLD(WM 13)
WARRIOR VS SAVAGE(WM 7)
HOGAN VS MCMAHON(WM 19)
ANDRE VS HOGAN(WM 3)
SNUKA VS DON THE ROCK( CAGE MATCH)
i could sooo go on and on but every one of these matches i have listed has something significant about it and the build ups were perfect before said matches. im not sure if i could pick a number one even from the ones i listed, but i will pick a random match and give my reasons....... lets go with my first one listed...ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS HOGAN. the buils up was great for they were the top 2 stars the wwf had at the time and insanely popular. as far as i know it was the first time they had a face vs face match and they were to some degree carbon copies og each other. same fan base, very similair bulids and strength. it was to be a passing of the torch from hogan to warrior and nobody really knew who was going to win this match. not to mention it was hogans first ever ic title challenge and warriors first ever world title match. it lived to its hype and will always be a top 10 match. now would i buy this dvd? if it was done right, yes i would in a heartbeat. if it was done like the omg dvd full of crap, then no. the matches have to be full and include some of the build up and the reasons for the matches with interviews. not biased crap like with the case of the warrior in his dvd. honest opinions and candid reactions like edge talked bout when he mentioned hogan vs warrior when he was a kid. and lastly, hell yeah they should do this dvd. its a gold mine jus waitng to happen and may be nostolgic for some older fans and educate newer fans of the greatness that came before super cena and orton.

Not a bad list! The irony of it all is that Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Ultimate Warrior, etc. were considered to be some of the worst performing "wrestlers" ever...yet their matches go down as the most popular that most fans will always remember. Most people couldn't tell you which Wrestlemania Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero won their World Championships at but everybody knows by heart that Hulk Hogan faced Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3 and Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6 because they were that much more important and exciting (regardless of being unanimously worse 'performers' - thus proving that it's much more than just the move sets).

My top 5 would be:
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (WM 3) - Literally set the bar for Wrestlemania's to follow.
Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior (WM 6) - Every young wrestling fan's favorite of it's time. It was the first time in history where two faces (two of the most popular wrestlers at the time) would face one another - forcing you to decide who you liked more. One of the hardest decisions certain little boys had to face.
Ultimate Warrior vs. Macho King Randy Savage (WM 7) - Non-stop entertainment. The build up was perfect, the performance was perfect, and the ending was monumental. All around great match.
Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat (WM 3) - Just watch it, arguably the best of all time and rightfully so.
Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock (WM 18) - The Rock was the "face" of the WWF and Hulk Hogan was the hated "heel" yet The Rock was booed with every move he made while Hulk Hogan was cheered beyond belief for literally everything he did. One of the last matches I actually had chills for.

Honorable Mention: Hulk Hogan vs. Goldberg (Monday Nitro 7/6/98) - I added this one not particularly because of the "match" itself...but I think this is one of the last times a wrestling match felt like Game 7 of the World Series and the Superbowl wrapped into one. While I was a staunch Hogan and NWO fan, there was no denying the fan reaction when Hogan went up in the Jackhammer and down for the 3 count. I don't think I've ever seen a reaction again like that...and certainly not on a Monday night.

50 matches would take a hell of a lot more than 3 discs. The Macho Madness DVD set was 3 discs and it was nothing but matches. I bet they only fit 12 to 15 on there.

10 off the top of my head, in no certain order...

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - WrestleMania III
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudleyz - WrestleMania XVIII
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania XXVI
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart - WrestleMania X
Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog - SummerSlam 92
The Undertaker vs. Mick Foley - King of the Ring 98
Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage - WrestleMania VIII
Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania X
John Cena vs. CM Punk - Money in the Bank 2011
Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin - WrestleMania XIII

50 is WAY too many. 30, maybe. Ten per disc. Or maybe 20, with a documentary with the guys talking about the matches and builds in a doc on the first disc.

Just 30 crazy matches would be overkill as well

I agree that 50 is too much.

Best case scenario I think would be to do 25 and do it like the Starrcade DVD that came out a few years ago. Have a quick 45 -60 minute documentary talking about the matches and then do a countdown from 25 - 1 over the course of 3 DVD's. You can maybe rank the top 50 but only show the top 25 even. It would probably take 5-6 DVD's for the top 50 and even your most hardcore fans would have difficulty getting through it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back