• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Why!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
It seems to me that WWE has slowly stopped pushing guys to become big stars I know The Miz is classed as a Main Eventer now and he is helt high in VKM eyes as the future of the WWE but how come Wade Barett, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler seem to have faded away again to the mid-card and guys like Daniel Brynn who is the only true pure athlete the WWE has whats happened to him?

WWE needs to realised that people will get bored of seeing Randy Orton, John Cena, The Miz as champions and competing in each PPV main Event. for god sakes look at Jack Swagger when he came champion everyone thought yes something fresh but noooooooo WWE dropped the ball again!

so my question is are WWE dropping the ball by not Pushing more guys to the Main Event?

Because they want to make money. Jack Swagger, Zack Ryder, Christian aren't going to make them money. I love those guys as wrestlers, but face it- they aren't the top guys. Kids aren't going to run out and buy their merch, and Hollywood is NOT gonna come pound down their door. I wanna see these guys succeed as bad as the next guy, but face it- it's a business and GOOD business decisions need to be made.

did you just call Daniel Bryan the only true athlete the WWE has? thats just messed up what about CM Punk, Morrison, Ziggler, Swagger, Christian, Sin Cara, Del Rio? are these guys not talented enough in you're eyes? but I do agree that some people being de-pushed dont deserve it.

Because they want to make money. Jack Swagger, Zack Ryder, Christian aren't going to make them money. I love those guys as wrestlers, but face it- they aren't the top guys. Kids aren't going to run out and buy their merch, and Hollywood is NOT gonna come pound down their door. I wanna see these guys succeed as bad as the next guy, but face it- it's a business and GOOD business decisions need to be made.

You're absolutely right. Ultimately, it's down to profitability and popularity. WWE will keep doing what is "right" that will earn them the money.

Ok guys we proberly all know by now the big topic on the internet involving Christan/Randy Orton if not I wont repeat it but a part from that it seems to me that WWE has slowly stopped pushing guys to become big stars I know The Miz is classed as a Main Eventer now and he is helt high in VKM eyes as the future of the WWE but how come Wade Barett, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler seem to have faded away again to the mid-card and guys like Daniel Brynn who is the only true pure athlete the WWE has whats happened to him?

WWE needs to realised that people will get bored of seeing Randy Orton, John Cena, The Miz as champions and competing in each PPV main Event. for god sakes look at Jack Swagger when he came champion everyone thought yes something fresh but noooooooo WWE dropped the ball again!

so my question is are WWE dropping the ball by not Pushing more guys to the Main Event?

Daniel bryan is the only pure athlete the WWE has? Are you friggin' kidding me. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that Daniel Bryan is an excellent mat wrestler, and that is it. Everything else about the guy screams bland and boring. From his entrance music, to his ring attire, to his stupid grin, the guy is boring. He can put on a good match with most of the locker room, but so can Christian who is atleast entertaining. If Christian was 4 inches taller or 50 pounds of muscle heavier he would of been champion a long time ago.

The Miz is an entertainment star in the making. People might not want to admit it, but WWE is now in the entertainment business instead of the wrasslin' business. Vince has always wanted this to be the case, and its now actually happening. Just wait until Vince finally gets his own channel and we have actual scripted television shows with people like Edge, Triple H and maybe even the Undertaker. The guy who are up there in Age and can't really compete in a ring but have a good character and presence to them.

The Miz will be a focal point of WWE for the next 5-7 years barring any sort of injury. And the guy will do nothing but get better. He has the drive and desire to do so. Look what he came from? He is a million times better.

As for the guys you listed...

Wade Barett - He is young and will be a HUGE star for Vince but i don't think Vince wants him to be the next Bobby Lashley or Brock Lesnar. A guy that comes in and is spoon fed everything from the get go with out paying his dues.

Sheamus - Same story with Wade. They debuted him and seen he is a future star. They can go back to pushing him whenever they want andhe will get right back over.

Kofi Kingston - They tried with him and it didn't work. I see him as a Shelton Benjamin type. The guy is great in the ring but you just don't feel like you need to care about him. He is an excellent mid card person to have.

Dolph Ziggler - To me Dolph is the Curt Hennig type who can make anyone look good but will never be a top tier guy himself. He is an excellent mid card guy and even a great transition feud for the World Title but should never win the big one.

It's all about who is the most marketable. But those guys you mentioned will get a push eventually. Everyone always does. It's the roller coaster effect. One minute a wrestler is at the bottom, the next he's not.

On the current subject, yes they should push more main eventers and Christian should be one of them. Guys like Rhodes, Barrett, and Sheamus should also be up there in pushes imo. Also it never hurts to have more than one big time faces in the business. Orton should be top dog but that doesn't mean you can't have no other big faces on Smackdown at all. If Cena can share with Mysterio and Miz Orton definitely can share with Christian and maybe even Sheamus.

So my question is are WWE dropping the ball by not Pushing more guys to the Main Event?

Well they have pushed stars, (Ahem) Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, and Jack Swagger, but it was something called over pushing and not building them up as stars! Back in the day, in that era, WWF wanted to make stars before giving the stars champions. Dolph Ziggler was big, he was not a star, before giving him that tainted world title belt. Sheamus and Jack Swagger were nowhere near a star. And The Miz, despite being a hard worker, has never been great.

I really don't care what anybody says, WWE's talent pushing is very stupid. The Miz was over pushed, he's not a draw any means, Vince is stupid, HE IS NOT THE NEXT FACE. Honestly, I'm not big on John Cena as face, but the man can make FANTASTIC matches when working hard. The Miz has been one of the few wrestlers (YOUNG WRESTLERS) in WWE that has not made a great match yet ... I'm not surprised.

Wade Barett, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, and Daniel Bryan have all made fantastic matches. They can be made into stars, which some already are. John Morrison should have the world title belt right now, he's been in WWE for six fucking years. Wade Barrett is in a state of crap, and he really needs to reestablish himself as a star like he did in 2010. Sheamus is jobbing to mid carders now? HA, he needs to stay in the mid card until I can take him seriously as a main star. Dolph Ziggler is not being used so much, and what a shame, he did so well last year, FINALLY, establishing his character. Kofi Kingston is stuck in the mid card ... AGAIN!!!! I don't see where he'll go from here. Drew McIntyre is also in the state of not being used, with heel talent like Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler, & Alberto Del Rio, McIntyre, since February, needs to be a face. Jack Swagger was finally getting some real heat with Michael Cole, despite crappy matches, he was actually developing his character well. Daniel Bryan and Evan Bourne are still at the mid card level. Daniel Bryan can make great promos, if given the chance ALA, Attacking Michael Cole and arguing with him on NXT. Daniel Bryan's matches, obviously are fantastic, but the guy seems to be paving the way for Sin Cara, Mistico, who's been heavily overrated as he can't even speak English, but his matches can be great. I wonder when he'll be part of a feud?

Over all, WWE has screwed up their talent division, and it looks like a cluster-fuck. The one man they need to push again but won't is CM Punk. Him and Cena have great in ring chemistry, and their promos against each other are very entertaining.

The argument that Cena and Orton always have to be in the main event because it's "Good For Business" and that they "Sell Merchandise" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You folks do realize that Cena and Orton can still sell merchandise even if they're not the champion? Right? The title is just a prop used to boost a certain character. Cena and Orton DO NOT NEED THE TITLE.

Kiddies are gonna watch the show whether Cena or Orton are champion or not. The title should be used to elevate guys so that they can sell as much merchandise as Cena/Orton. That's what would be good for business. Not to mention ratings. Cena/Orton are already drawing money, so it makes NO SENSE to continually put the title on them. They don't need it. They're already marketable.

WWE doesnt push new talent for one simple reason. They have absolutely no idea what to do with them. They're out of ideas. Face it. All they know is Super Cena or Super Orton versus heel of the month. Would really like to see the WWE/Vince McMahon marks out there stop making excuses for them. No need to be apologetic for vince and WWE, folks. Stop making excuses like "it's good for business". That's a tired talking point that makes very little sense. What would be good for business is to have more guys at Cena and Ortons level. But theyll never get there if they continually have to job out to them every month. Cena/Orton are already over and already sell lots of merch. They don't need to be in the main event/title picture all the time. Its actually bad for business. And bad for ratings.

Cena/Orton are already way OVER. Giving them the title is just OVERkill. And it leads to a very top-heavy roster.

Here's a question for everyone: When's the last time you saw Cena or Orton lose clean? I honestly can't remember face Cena or face Orton ever losing cleanly. How anyone can say that that's good for the product and good for business is beyond me.

Be careful when saying "everyone,"...because I thought Swagger sucked and was way premature for him to carry to the strap.

Guys like Kofi, Dolph, and Barrett are the definition of "mid card." The only thing I like what the WWE has done is the angle with R-Truth. Morrison is missing something...not sure what but he isn't main event material yet. He has the look and talent, but his gimmick is pure crap. He needs to be put on the shelf for awhile so the WWE can figure out a new angle for him. When he returns it'll be big, as long as they do it right.

To me...most of the WWE mid card talent is meshed together and is like one big blur. None of them stand out.

The Miz is the freshest face to come into the main event picture. I don't see how he is boring after only being there since what November/December? You're forgetting Del Rio, he's a main event player. His first Wrestlemaina match was against Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Oh and Punk. WWE are currently grooming stars like Morrison, Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, and I hate to say it but maybe even R Truth to jump into the main event spot. So no they are not dropping the ball because the ball is still being inflated.

I agree. Nobody wins in the end. They were moving Orton to Smackdown to be the face of the show. Unfortunately they made it at the expense of a tremendously popular Christian two days after winning the title. Maybe Vince doesn't see Christian as Championship materials, but it is quite clear that all of the WWE fans do. The guy is very entertaining. He is Captain Charisma. If the Miz can have a decent reign, why can't Christian. I like Miz more than Christian, but I just don't see why its ok for Miz and not Christian to have the title.

Don't get me wrong......I am a HUGE Orton fan, but I think the fans are going to turn against him now. The only way to get him back in their good graces is to have him attacked by a super heel, somebody the fans hate. Unfortunately, I don't think Smackdown has that heel. And if they are planning on having Jericho return to attack Randy, assuming Jericho will be the heel, I am afraid they have it all wrong. Jericho will undoubtedly receive a big pop.

I think they shot themselves bad on this one. They definately need to create new stars. Smackdown needs Heels and Raw needs faces. I am a little nervous to see where the WWE is heading. They have a huge main event set up with Cena vs Rock for the WWE title. With Edge gone, and the demotion of Christian......WWE is definately in need of Main Eventers....Who will Orton face for the title at Wrestlemania next year? Maybe he won't but I would like to see a proper feud between Miz and Morrison for the title. We have seen a few matches......I would just like to see an actual feud. Not a 1 and done like the Raw main event they had for the title.

WWE is all Business and Entertainment now no more "Wrestling" yes i said Wrestling so this is a good post and i think you have everything right first i have thinked that if Ziggler moves to RAW he will stay in the Main-Event after winning his first WHC and i hope that's not his end him and Jack Swagger who i think is on th mid-card because he has doing something not right in backstage when he was Champion he was showing that he is more good than the others and for all the others guys i think Del Rio is for now the only one who is really in The Main-event and of course The Miz and i think that Truth and Morrison will get there oppotunities after reading that Vince want to push him because of his Rock Star Attitude so i say just that this is all business and Orton And Cena are solding there marchandises very welll more that the others

I've been meaning to start a thread like this for weeks.

Who are the legitimate main event stars in the WWE right now? I'm talking about those who are active and aren't considering upper mid-card.

Cena
Orton
Miz (Probably, will depend on where he goes from here)

and?

Nope, that's it.

Morrison should be
Punk should be but has been getting buried, even with the Nexus behind him
Barrett is a mid-card champion
Sheamus was a mid-card champion
Ziggler should be but they've fucked up his look
Rey? Hahaha
Del Rio, nope

Nope, they've noone because since everyone has been fed to Orton and Cena, there's no-one with any credibility left. And now that Cena and Orton have the belts again, there's no heel for a new face to take down. The WWE have monumentally fucked up by booking short-term and now they can reap what they've sown.

Really? Cause Christian's t-shirts are sold out at the moment on wweshop.com.

Hollywood "pounding on the door" means nothing, Hollywood hasn't pounded on the door of Orton, Cena, or Miz. WWE films may, but definitely not Hollywood.

The thing I hate is that your view is in line with WWE's, they don't view a guy like Christian as a top star... he can carry a "top star" to a decent match when they otherwise couldn't pull one off, and he can main event a PPV, but when it comes to rewarding that work somehow he's not good enough.

I honestly don't understand it, I'd like someone to try and point out one think Miz has that Christian doesn't.

look? Miz looks like a pudgy bullfrog with down syndrome.

mic skills? Miz is a one note catchphrase that he ripped off from How I Met Your Mother.

wrestling skill? That goes without saying.

Because they want to make money.

I agree

Jack Swagger, Zack Ryder, Christian aren't going to make them money.

6 years ago, neither did Cena, a year ago neither did the Miz and couple decades ago neither did Hogan

I love those guys as wrestlers, but face it- they aren't the top guys. Kids aren't going to run out and buy their merch

As a fake sport the company is a lot like the director of a movie. The director decides to make the star however he likes. The star's responsibility is to be like one and have the talent necessary. Obviously, the people mentioned above have the necessary wrestling skill (as for promos, well Christian is the only one in the list who's comfy in the promo section)

and Hollywood is NOT gonna come pound down their door.

:lmao: They never did

I wanna see these guys succeed as bad as the next guy, but face it- it's a business and GOOD business decisions need to be made.

You can look at in any perspective you'd like. As a sports manager, producer agent, etc etc. Good business is conducted when you have talent that are, in wrestling terms, over. Because when the current people leave, you have a good backup of talent to fill the spot. Of course, Christian is WHC now HOWEVER, with this year's giant amounts of top tier leaving (HHH void itself will be hard to fill not to mention Taker) WWE needs a good amount of talent to fill that void and in order to do so they need to be over. That's where 'E lacks. They won't give anyone a chance.

You're either over as hell or you suck. They need patience and a gradual build up like they're doing with Morrison

You hit the nail on the head. It may be that WWE doesn't develope good stories because they simply don't know how, anymore. Vince is so concerned with this entertainment crap that he's lost his damn mind. Instead of trying to blend pop culture, Hollywood, and all that shit, just concern yourself with wrestling, Vince (yes, "wrestling"); then make all else secondary. I don't blame Melina for being pissed. Snooki ain't no wrestler; she's not even an actress. Hell, at least I've been a dedicated fan for many years; I had more right to be in a Wrestlemania match than Snookie.:banghead:

Then that asshole Vince wants to play politics with us. Shouldn't the current president have opened Raw and not the former President. Vince, we all know that you're a rich Republican. Don't rub it in. If Vince keeps it up, I might have run over to TNA. Even the SvR video game sucked this year. I'm even sick of Cena with his corny phrases: "Son of a botched set of moves by Sin Cara", type phrases. And I'm an old fan that actually like's Cena. Cena, just because you're the kids' heroe doesn't mean you have to act like a blooming idiot. By the way, Cena, quit being a pussy to the Rock.:banghead:

When The Rock's gone, Cena, he's going to leave you there with plummetting stock if you keep it up. Show some true grit, Cena. It's almost as if you shrivel up to The Rock every time you two are together--and I don't mean simply as a work. Cena, it's almost like you're star struck and frightened all at the same time.:banghead:

And what should we expect from Sheamus; he's up, then down, up, then down. Fuck, there's no more consistency in the E. None of the new guys are being pushed as they should. The best move WWE has made with talent is turning R-Truth heel, but they'll eventually screw that up. I don't care if WWE broadcasts are rated R or PG; a good story is a good story. Vince, here's what you do: have your writing team sit down one weekend and watch (and study) every sinlge episode of Dragon Ball Z. Then they'll have some idea of how to create a great story.

I really think there are more people getting shots at main eventing now than ever before.
There are two shows with two main event scenes, where as when I started watching wrestling there was only one. Talent's place is to be attractions and if they need a title for that, they really aren't doing the job. Who needs titles? It's not actually a goal or reward, really. More or less, you can't have everyone in the main event scene anyway. Everyone is not a champion character, and some talent either aren't capable of, or have no desire, being exposed in that way.

I jus tthink that that WWE isn't good in making long term plans. People like HBK, Edge and batista have already left WWE, and Triple H and the Undertaker rarely show up. There is a serious lack of main eventers. So what does WWE do in response? The give their top two championships to their top two "entertainers" (as Vince would prefer to call them) namely John Cena and Randy Orton. What is WWE going to do when something happen to both of them, like injuries that may require them to be out of action for several months? When I read on wrestlezone.com that John Cena won the WWE Championship, I was not surprised at all, but I was disappointed. John Cena, in my view did not need the championship at all. He was already over. I would prefer that either the Miz retain or John Morrison wins. I also felt disappointed when I heard that Randy Orton beat Christian for the World Championship. Like Cena, I thought he didnt need to be champion. I, like many others here, wanted Christian to win a world champiopnship, and not just for 2-3 days.

Giving the main belts to the big stars is how you put the lower card guys over.

Smackdown is better off with Randy Orton as champ and some young bloods chasing him. It gives the younger, lower card talents a chance to showcase themselves in main event matches (even if they lose a bunch of times first).

Alberto Del Rio almost got over in his feud with Edge and he most certainly will feud with Cena, which will continue his climb to the "top star" category.

You can't just say, well Kofi is a high flyer, let's just give him the belt or that Daniel Bryan is a good athlete so he should get the belt. Right or Wrong, the reality is, these guys have to be put over by the top stars and that means they have to be chasing the title from the top stars.

They don't elevate new people to the main event because they aren't "profitable"? How the fuck do they know? They don't give them a shot in order to find out.

It's like WCW in the late 90's. Top guys just have their spots. There is no room for upward movement. John Cena and Randy Orton are on top and they do NOT put people over. And when these two are involved in every single PPV main event and title match, it's hard to create new stars when that new talent can never get put over cleanly. And even if they go over via dastardly tactics, you can rest assured that Cena or Orton will just make them look like a complete bitch before all is said and done. The difference between WCW and the modern WWE is that Cena and Orton's characters don't hold back younger talent because of creative control clauses. They hold them back because of the way Vince insists on having things booked.

There is absolutely zero fucking reason why Wade Barrett and Sheamus shouldn't be main event players right now. Barrett was the centerpiece of the most massive angle of 2010. Sheamus is a two-time WWE Champion. But, they are both mid-card filler. It's like if people start to catch fire, the WWE must start jobbing them out, because there is only room enough room at the top for two. Seriously, anyone besides Cena or Orton that holds the belt can be looked upon as a transitional champion, because he's damn sure going to lose the title to one of them.

I think Vince has forgotten how to make new stars. It's not by jobbing them out. People wonder why new stars can't get made...probably because they fucking lose constantly. But, just when I think Vince has completely lost his mind and forgotten how to make new stars, the Miz comes along and is booked absolutely fucking perfectly. A slow build to the top. No hotshot title reigns after months of jobbing like Swagger. Ample mic time. Tag titles, U.S. title, WWE title. We could see Miz evolving to a main eventer, because he was given a chance. He is the only person that's really been given a chance in the last five-plus years.

As I have said before I feel the WWE pushes most of it's young/new talent far to hard way too soon before any real character development has taken place and then let them drift back down the ladder when they realise they do not have enough substance/selling points to stay at the top. I don't see Kofi or Morrison as main event material either but that is for another thread.

The Miz has grown on me since the road to Wrestlemania..I see him as main event able now and if continued to be booked/pushed the right way he should continue to develop and really establish himself as one of the main eventers for years to come. I see potential in Del Rio and I am pleased he has not yet become Champion because it means his character can actually grow and build on the benifits the WWE has decided to thrust upon him early in his WWE career. Out of Barrett, Sheamus and Drew I feel Wade has the most potential and I am sure a big main event push is not too far off in the future (he needs to break away from stables in my opinion).

I am also tired of Cena and Orton always being Champs but I am sure this will change when Jericho gets back.. I would like the Bigshow to have maybe one last main event Title push/run just like kane did recently and maybe then use his status to get one of these up and comers over (Wade Barrett)

I think you guys are the problem with the business today, your the ones who over anaylise everything, its good to discuss whats happening and so on but some of you just blow it over the top.
Anyways these guys you have here Sheamus, Wade, Dolf, Zack(WWWYKI! BRO) Will get their chance its just we wanna see it now and that isn't going to happen, theses guys are the future. The E will get some right and get some wrong and thats that.

I honestly can't stand VKM's business model. Orton and Cena are getting stale fast. Why? Because VKM insists on shoving them down our throats. We want new stars, like Morrison, Barrett, Sheamus, Punk, Bryan, Bourne, Ryder, and Christian. Miz is gonna be shoved down our throats before long, and Del Rio might as well. I don't really know for sure, but I do know that I cannot stand the fact that Orton and Cena have to go over anyone they face. Cena did put over the Miz quite a bit, but it he still got the belt. He didn't get it at Mania, but he got it at Extreme Rules after R-Truth got involved. WWE is just getting lax as heck and TNA ain't doing all that well either, though for them it's booking. ROH seems to be doing great because Eddie Edwards got the World title there after bustin his butt. Why doesn't WWE take a look back at WCW's history and see that they are on the same fall path?

We want new stars, like Morrison, Barrett, Sheamus, Punk, Bryan, Bourne, Ryder, and Christian.

"We"?

I don't want Barrett, Sheamus, Bryan or Bourne as the new big stars of the WWE, because they are boring and generic. And Christian isn't new. He is almost 40. Orton is 6 years younger, for example.

In my opinion, for a guy to be heavily pushed to the main event picture, he has to cause some kind of strong reaction in the live audience each and every time his entrance music starts until the end of the match.

Does Sheamus, Bryan, Barrett or Bourne, for example, receive big pops or boos during their matches or entrances? I don´t think so. And there is a reason for it: let's face it, they are not that interesting. Only the IWC thinks they are good.

The WWE is in the deep shit with this roster of new "stars". They all talk the same way, they all wrestle the same way. Everything in them screams "FCW"...

I want new GOOD stars. I don't want ANY star to be pushed just because because of its age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back