• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE WAR GAMES, why not?

T2KFreeker

Getting Noticed By Management
Talk about wasting potential. WWE has the rights to all that WCW stuff and has the rights to the PPV names and all that, so where is War Games? Man, I remember War Games style matches being so awesome in WCW, they really made you want to watch them. I love how WWE tries to pass off the Elimination Chamber as a War Games style match, but it isn't. Might be loosely based on it, but still ain't the same. I want the two rings and the steel cage around them and two teams to create chaos and havoc! This match would be perfecgt for Survivor Series and would pull in some major fans too as a return of War Games. Fans would be happy.

This topic has been kicked around for a while, and I think you summed it up pretty much, Wasted Potential.

Vince McMahon doesn't like to acknowledge things made by other people, hence why you never see anything WCW related. No matter how powerful of a namebrand WCW was, Vince refuses to acknowledge that it ever existed. Call it his ego or whatever, but he bought it, and buried it.

Now, the WWE is releasing a best of Starrcade DVD very shortly. This is what I see as the open door. If this DVD has any kind of legs to it, say like the Rise and FAll of ECW, you might see the door get kicked open for WCW and some of it's gimmick matches.

With the War Games concept, the WWE claimed that that match and the Cell were the influence behind the creation of the Elimination Chamber. So in a way it's still alive but in a new form, if you buy that. The main thing is, if the Starrcade DVD succeeds, then the opportunity exist for War Games to maybe come back, but don't count on it.

Of course it would be a good idea to bring the war games to the wwe. It was always an interesting match concept. It also, as stated, would make sense to have it at survivor series. You don't even need to make a war games ppv. Just have the one match at survivor series, and that'll be enough. Sticking on this topic, I do wish the wwe brought some of the concepts of wcw to the here and now. Although I know that wwe(more importantly mcmahon) hates ideas that don't come directly from him or his own creative, so I don't see it happening. I wish that the wwe brought back the Starrcade ppv. This was, for all intents and purposes, the wrestle mania of wcw. It would be the perfect opportunity to place this ppv in june, to replace the night of champions ppv and eliminate the one night stand. It would create a major ppv every 3 or so months. The ppv wouldn't change with any type of concept. It would just change in name, and in essence create a presence of the majestry of such an event, feel the history.

Aside from this, the only other thing I would like to see brought back is the world war 3 concept match. I loved having 3 rings, 20 men in each ring, and battle it out until there was a predetermined number of competitors left(I can't remember how many) and putting them into a single ring and having them duke it out with the last one remaining being the winner(ala royal rumble). It would definitely work with the wwe as it is with their being 3 brands(though I don't think ecw even has 20 active wrestlers). It could be a battle to show brand supremacy(ie 3 rings filled with 20 guys from the same brand, they battle it out until the best of the best from each brand is left, put them together to see who is the best and so which is the best brand.)

WWE refuses to do anything related to WCW, besdides the Great American Bash so they can say that this PPV is for the troops or something like that and the World Heavyweight Title cause they did the brand split.

WWE won't do war games and if i recall War Games was a tag team match with weapons and the Chamber is a 1 on 1 match with 6 wrestlers involved in the match.

The ONLY place you will see anything related to War Games would be Lethal Lockdown that TNA does at Lockdown every year in a 5 on 5 team match.

Its a shame that WWE won't even do a War Games match cause Vince McMahon didn't think of it cause it is a great match and people would love to see it again even if it was for 1 night only.

I guess that since we are on the subject of the old WCW concepts, outside of wanting to see War Games and Satrrcade make a return, I have to say it would even be nice to see Halloween Havoc make a return as well. I don't know why, but every singe Halloween Havoc PPV seemed very special to me. I can't recall seeing one that was a really bad show. I guess it was something about what the show was centered around and I guess Wrestlers just fit in really well in the Halloween gimmick. Talk about a PPV that could center around Kain and Undertaker? Hell, even The Great Khali, Umaga, and Hornswaggle would all fit in on this one. Boogeyman too. Would be interesting to see what kind of sets and gimmick matches WWE could come up with for that, even if it was on one of the three brands as a Halloween special edition of say RAW or SMACKDOWN! as ECW Halloween Havoc just sounds bad. They just don't seem to have it together where WCW was concerned. Why buy the company and not do anything with it? That's just stupid.

I like the concept of Night of Champions, so I would want to keep that. Why couldn't Starrcade just stay in December? It's not like there's really a long history with the Armageddon PPV.

I think Vince is reluctant do anything WCW related because whenever they tried it in the past (ie the last 10 minutes of Raw being "WCW Nitro", etc) it was a disaster.

Bringing back War Games would be good IF they use it the right way. Good stables in the WWE have been scarce for a while and the War Games match would be brilliant as a climax for a proper feud between factions. Mind you this is the WWE so grouping a load of random faces against a load of random heels would probably be likely.

Well seeing as it doesnt look likely right now for WWE to ressurect it,why doesnt TNA ? I know they do the Lethal Lockdown,but why dont they go full on and put in the two rings and have a huge 12 sided cage,that would be crazy! Forget about all these matches like the Terrordome,have this be the one big feud ender match in TNA,like the HIAC is for WWE,but for teams.

all of these ideas sound great. wwe creative needs to jump in the time machine and watch old wcw ppv's and brainstorm. wwe ruined the HIAC match when they made the cell bigger, and scratched the idea of going outside of the cell. the elimination chamber is cool, but only to a point. just because you only have one or two matches a year involving ginormous cages doesnt mean that the matches havent grown stale. edge vs. undertaker in a HIAC match? sorry. but thats fucking boring.

my idea:
wwe womens title match feat. mickie james, beth phoenix, katie lea, and nattie neidhart in a fatal four way HIAC match. i think its bout time the ladies step it up.

if the wwe were to do it right, that match could go WAY over.

final thought: bring back old ideas and spice up the new ones. listen to the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back