• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE vs. TNA on Thursdays??

Ashylarry

Pre-Show Stalwart
With TNA going primetime on Thursdays in November, is there any way WWE will try bring Smackdown live on Thurday nights, considering that its suffering in its current time slot, and to reignite a true wrestling rivalry? Either way, I get the feeling big things are coming to both TNA and WWE.

Smackdown lost a LOT of steam when it moved from Thursdays to FRidays. A move back to it's old day, and now on a channel that more regions carry (UPN was dropped almost universally across the country) it is possible.

I don't see it happening. Not for a long time. But,if I ever had to choose between SD! and TNA i know for sure who i would choose. TNA no question about it. But between RAW and TNA? Raw for sure.

Can't happen, CW airs Smallville, and Supernatural that night, and it's been pretty stable ratings night for those folks, so I doubt they'd give that up.

true never thought of that, maybe WWE will move ECW on thursdays with a two hour time slot,
CM Punk vs. RVD goes head to head with Angle vs. Somoa Joe

i have always said that smackdown needs to go live but they r on a local channel which is harder to do

I find it very difficult for Smackdown to move to Thursday nights, especially with the great point by "Thoughts of Japan". I think the WWE is going to take a "wait and see" approach with TNA. If TNA really poses a real threat, then the WWE I believe will take some action.

As for now, I like having having wrestling on almost every weeknight, although I don't catch Smackdown very much. Either way, it feels like an exciting time to be a wrestling fan.

not gonna happen anytime soon. both smackdown and ecw are suffering. i doubt that vince will actually think that competing with tna is somehow going to up the ratings for smackdown. especially since smackdown attracts the tna group due to the fact that it's more about plain wrestling than storylines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back