• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE vs ECW vs WCW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
I have had this idea for a couple of weeks. With Eric Bischoff back, could it be possible to have a WCW reunion and possible rivalry between ECW, WWE and WCW? It worked well back when ECW reunited 2 or 3 years ago, it would be a brilliant, fresh storyline and one WWE desperately needs.

my opinion is wwe should just turn smackdown into wcw and have eric bischoff run it.

??? This is just dumb. A return of WCW is nonsense. Theres nothing that made WCW different other then their superstars and match types. ECW started a revolution and thats why it can be brought back. It makes no sense in bringing back WCW.

I would be very surprised if Smackdown was turned into "WCW" despite all the names connected to the brand in the past (Booker T, Gregory "Shane" Helms, Fit Finlay, William "Steven" Regal, Rey Mysterio, Theodore Long, Vito, etc.), simply because the name does not have the same drawing power as ECW. It was tarnished in the late '90s by poor handling, reaching its nadir when David Arquette became WCW Champion. There's always a slight shot at the return of nWo, but I would bet against it with Kevin Nash being in TNA and other former members not being in optimum physical condition.

FRESH!?? Remember the invasion angle? Let the WCW name die and let the nWo go with it. It's bad enough they've made a poor immation of ECW into the third WWE brand. WWE needs to stop plucking angles from the past and make something new and original.

I dont think there is a demand for a WCW reunion like there was with ECW but I would like to see a WCW P.P.V. similar to One Night Stand. WWE has enough former WCW talents on their roster to make a very good P.P.V. I cant see WCW returning for one last feud, the Invasion angle was a real dissapointment so I cant say I'm terribly intrested in seeing it.

Y 2 Jake said:
I dont think there is a demand for a WCW reunion like there was with ECW but I would like to see a WCW P.P.V. similar to One Night Stand. WWE has enough former WCW talents on their roster to make a very good P.P.V. .

The talents yes, but what else? Calling a ppv WCW dosn't suddenly give it the WCW feel. ECW had enough to differentiate itself from WWE to make it worthwhile.

^^^ Agreed. There is very little difference between WCW and WWE other
than the talent. I mean in its day WCW ran different storylines (sometimes) but it was still trying hard to be sports entertainment and there is very little to differentitate between WCW and WWE, therefore a WCW PPV would not go well.
But that is not the point of this thread, the point was a reunion and WWE/ECW/WCW angle. Sounds to me an awful lot like the horrendous invasion angle in the early part of this century. I would prefer to not see it, seeing as the ECW vs. WWE crap that they always push is awfully annoying.

But I will not say that a return of the WCW name in some form is a bad idea, because I myself have said that I would prefer to see them turn WWEECW into WCW, because calling it ECW is just not right when there is nothing 'extreme' (God I hate that word) about this ECW, so if theyre just looking for a name that is familiar to fans then why not WCW? I think it would actually work out better now that the ECW thing ran its course, because like it or not a lot more people would know what WCW was if they saw it on tv guide than if they saw ECW on it. They are about to make all kinds of changes to ECW programming so that viewers will "know they're watching WWE," which to me sounds like average viewerds are not familiar enough with the name ECW, but I guarantee a lot of people know WCW, and in its hey-day it was a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back