• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE v TNA or....

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Is it actually Raw v Impact? Lets look at this, Smackdown exists as an entity, as does NXT and to a lesser extent Superstars. These are three shows that TNA are NOT going head to head with.

That may or may not make sense, depends on which way you look at it. I have read people say it would be better for TNA to go head to head with Smackdown as they don't have as high a rating as Raw. Though TNA have opted to go head to head with Raw, the flag ship show.

If the Raw ratings are dinted, WWE still have its other three shows to get ratings/advertising/money from and in turn will give the WWE v TNA war an unfair advantage.

So I ask two simple questions: Do you see this as WWE v TNA or Impact v Raw? Why?

Raw vs Impact.

Because as you stated it yourself Lee, WWE will still be having 3 other shows to gather their viewers from and ultimately their money.
Currently the only thing TNA has to "leech" viewers from is Raw, because it's the only thing it's trying to actually go against.
It would've been a complete other thing if WWE didn't have 3 other shows, or if TNA actually did have 3 other shows to throw against WWE.
But they don't, and ultimately I feel that might also be a part of what makes WWE superior to this point, and will keep them superior for quite a while, if not most of the time, because TNA doesn't have the amount of television air time to work against WWE.

To me, ultimately WWE won't be touched much from this, most devastatingly they might use a few thousand viewers or so, or perhaps a million or so (whatever the end result will be) and WWE won't be out of business from that, as WCW was, because WCW only had 1 show (yes I know WCW Thunder came along, but that didn't really do much now did it?) to work against WWE's massive ratings during the end of the Attitude Era.

And no I'm not saying that because TNA is gonna go down in the drain because they are currently trying to make a bigger name of themself against WWE's flagship.
And I actually disagree with the people saying "go against Smackdown" because it wouldn't change much I think, so why not go against the flagship instead of the B-show, going against Raw would only garnish more attention to TNA in the end, but not enough to take over WWE.

Reactions: Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back