• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Trademarks 'The Revival'

ztwhite

The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
There has been a lot of internet chatter recently mentioning an 'invasion' angle being created for WWE -- from NXT, to the Bullet Club, to Kevin Nash reviving the NWO.

The third option is a horrible idea, simply put. Bringing Nash back to work an angle as a manager (which he's mentioned) would be OK for me, but leave the NWO in mothballs.

It's become quite apparent that at some point -- likely later rather than sooner -- the Bullet Club is going to have several of its members in the WWE. AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura are already signed and sealed. Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson are still rumored to be coming aboard and obviously, Finn Balór is on the roster. But if the WWE was going to do an invasion with the Bullet Club, I'm assuming they'd want to use some iteration of The Bullet Club for the angle, although the trademark remains with IWGP, right now.

An NXT invasion angle would totally kill all momentum the farm system currently has, at least in my opinion. And it could easily be argued that the farm system is a better major league system than the WWE, right now. But NXT is still a mystery to most casual wrestling fans. Hardcore people watch religiously on the Network, but it's not exactly a mainstream promotion (or mainstream arm of the WWE).

It's quite possible 'The Revival' has absolutely nothing to do with an invasion angle. Could it also play a role in the rumored lucha tournament being discussed by the WWE ? I guess it could also be for an upcoming WWE Film starring the Miz or Randy Orton (sigh).

I would say absolutely not to any and all invasion type scenarios. At this point they remain stale and in the end leave the situation worse off than when it began. The idea of an NXT vs. Raw/Smackdown program is just terrible. NXT has worked extremely hard to get where it is and continues to grow by leaps and bounds as its own brand. NXT doesn't need any sort of interaction or "rub" from Raw & Smackdown.

All this fuss is being made over a simple trademark request. In the end it will likely just be a cheesy Network special. Revival, twelve failed gimmicks from WWE's past competing in trivial games where one is crowned the winner and given an excluse Super Stars contract.

Invasion Angles, the quickest way to ruin the invaders, and "make WWE look good".

NXT invasion? AKA Feed your new stars to John Cena? Remember Nexus/Corre? Literally, it was a way for Cena to bury an entire roster alone.

Balor Club was fully trademarked I thought, and they even have shirts out for it already, so it seems natural that it becomes a thing, and like any angle, Vince isn't letting a NJPW stable win over his homegrown Talent, Roman Reigns delivers 14 Superman punches in 1 match and 1 spear and pins the entire NJPW Roster.

If it's another NWO, it will be the 15th failed NWO, out of 18 NWOs, Original, Wolf Pac and the No Way Out NWO being the only 3 that didn't fail.

To start of I personally think this trademark has nothing to do with a NXT invasion. IMO it will have something to do with the Wyatts, I don't know if you guys remember or read the feeds about bringing a female character to join the family. I remember one promo that wyatt made talking about sister Abigail being dead that all sister Abigail left him was that rocking chair and in memory of her that was the reason why he named his finisher after her. So I say we will have the revival of sister Abigail.

It's become quite apparent that at some point -- likely later rather than sooner -- the Bullet Club is going to have several of its members in the WWE. AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura are already signed and sealed. Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson are still rumored to be coming aboard and obviously, Finn Balór is on the roster. But if the WWE was going to do an invasion with the Bullet Club, I'm assuming they'd want to use some iteration of The Bullet Club for the angle, although the trademark remains with IWGP, right now.

Shinsuke Nakamura was in CHAOS. He feuded with The Bullet Club and was never a member.

That said - I do think it has to do with a Bullet Club revival.

Vince caught a commercial for The Revenant while working out and reading the script for Main Event and remembers hearing about how this Lenny Dicapo kid is going to be huge so he immediately got his trademark lawyer on the horn to lock down the name "Revival". He then forgot what he did give minutes later.

It's quite possible 'The Revival' has absolutely nothing to do with an invasion angle. Could it also play a role in the rumored lucha tournament being discussed by the WWE ? I guess it could also be for an upcoming WWE Film starring the Miz or Randy Orton (sigh).

This right here. As soon as I read the trademark, it struck me a movie title. They could be renaming a PPV, however.

The name Bullet Club is as irreelevant to the average WWE fan are the guys in the club and Nakamura. You can call it Bullet Club, Balor Club, Lonely Hearts Club, AJ + Finn and friends in Japan and it will only be as good as it is booked.

I doubt The Revival is Bullet Club. Reviving what? A faction that still exists in another promotion?

Three of the four guys who formed The Radicalz in WWE were in a group called The Revolution in WCW prior to their debut 16 years ago. WWE didn't keep the name Revolution, plus they added another WCW guy who wasn't in the group until WWE.

If any combo of these guys come to WWE, Bullet Club is probably the best possible name, The Revival would describe them very poorly, and it's most likely they'll get another name altogether probably with some kind of gun theme.

The Revival is most likely a new Network show or special. Probably a returning segment or angle from WWE's past. Maybe it's a returning faction (not the Shield), but I doubt it. It's probably nothing honestly, the Revival suggests a return of some kind. Only something that's come and gone can be revived. So that basically narrows it down to something WWE fans have seen before, not a debuting faction from Japan.

As far as Kevin Nash involved as a manager of some sort of nWo-type stable, recall a video floating around not all THAT long ago where Luke Gallows talked about how Nash essentially "passed the torch" of the nWo to the Bullet Club (the Bullet Club as you of course know using the nWo's "Wolfpack" hand gesture). Maybe he'll be involved in managing the WWE's version of that group.

Not that I think that has anything to do with "The Revival"...

I honestly cannot comprehend why folk still have this fetish over Invasion angles. The only Invasion angle that ever truly worked and is remembered for the right reasons was a cazillion years ago when Hall & Nash invaded Nitro.

Since then? WWF vs WCW bombed. The Nexus angle was good until they were booked weak and gave CM Punk the leadership and the other Invasion angles I cant even remember probably because they are forgettable.

Invasion angles simply don't work because they defy logic. How do they get into the building? Why don't they get arrested? Why do they play their music? Why do they let them speak on the mic? Yes it is all done for entertainment but lots of potholes in any Invasion angle.

Sure, stick the guys in a Stable but don't have them wreck havoc and try to take over the WWE. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's far too soon for any sort of NXT invasion. While I agree that the NXT product is superior overall, due in large part to a competent, logical, cohesive and strong booking philosophy that doesn't strangle the creativity of the wrestlers themselves, it's still technically the "minor leagues" of WWE. One large reason why NXT has been able to grow, expand and even become its own touring brand is because it's funded by WWE, so things would be a whole lot more difficult for NXT without WWE's check book. If NXT continues to grow and expand as we've seen over the last few years and keeps its same strong product, then MAYBE some sort of NXT invasion able is feasible within the next 3 to 5 years; I think there'd be even more of a possibility of it happening if Vince is no longer in charge of things or, at least, no longer gives himself the final creative say over what goes on, giving that up to Triple H, and I'd have far more confidence in such an angle going down.

I think this "Revival" thing has more to do with the influx of former New Japan stars who'll be heading to the main roster. Styles is already there and reports are that Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson will be headed to the main roster as well while Nakamura will spend some brief time in NXT before heading to the main roster in order to see how well he adapts. If some sort of invading faction angle is the intended purpose, then you can't call it an NXT invasion when only one member spent anytime in NXT. Invasio

I think the trademarking could mean a couple different things that have nothing to do with an invasion angle of any sort.

A: The Revival will be the name of a future NXT Takeover special. They all have a name other other than Takeover and The Revival could definitely fit with the kind of names they have used for previous special, particularly if said special would have appearances from guys like Kevin Owens, Bo Dallas, Lucha Dragons or the Ascension.

Or

B: Hulk Hogan is on his way back to being in the good graces of the WWE, and the whole story will be The Revival of a fallen star.

I think this could be something where they bring some older stars back for some kind of show on the Network - either a "seniors division" or a version of their legends roundtable.

It could also be linked to the return of an old concept for shows, like King Of The Ring or any of the PPV's that have gone by the wayside like Great American Bash - which would be an interesting NXT concept/event.

At worst case, it's some kind of stable with either old timers or even rehashed gimmicks ala Fake Diesel and Razor... Could we stomach a new Demolition for example?

Baylor University who has a Baylor club has filed a complaint about that trademark
Balor Club was fully trademarked I thought, and they even have shirts out for it already, so it seems natural that it becomes a thing, and like any angle, Vince isn't letting a NJPW stable win over his homegrown Talent, Roman Reigns delivers 14 Superman punches in 1 match and 1 spear and pins the entire NJPW Roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back