WWE TLC - Braun Strowman versus Baron Corbin

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As was announced on Raw last night, Baron Corbin will finally Get These Hands at WWE TLC in a TLC match. If Strowman wins, he will go on to face Brock Lesnar at Royal Rumble in January. If he loses, Corbin will be announced as permanent Raw GM and Strowman will lose his opportunity at the Rumble.

Keep all relevant discussion in here.

There's a chance this match might not even happen as it's been reported that Strowman did the angle so he could ge written off TV to undergo surgery on his right elbow as he's been dealing with bone spurs. Allegedly, Strowman has been dealing with the issue for over a year and decided it was time to get it fixed. If I'm not mistaken, Strowman had surgery on the same elbow around...I don't know...18 to 24 months back; WWE went with the storyline that he could be out "for up to 6 months" but he was back in about 4 weeks. They did the same thing they've done with Cena in which they greatly exaggerate how much time he'd be out dealing with injuries so that he'd look like a badass superhuman or something when he returned so far ahead of the "projected" schedule.

This surgery almost certainly isn't expected to be any sort of big deal by WWE, Strowman or Strowman's doctors or they wouldn't have already gone ahead and made the match with Corbin or announced Lesnar vs. Strowman for the Royal Rumble. Of course, all that could depend on how much damage there is to his elbow and there's no way they can truly tell that until they get Stroman under the knife and open him up so they can see what's what. If it does turn out to be relatively "nothing", then WWE might simply be cautious and have Strowman show up and just absolutely destroy Corbin in a squash that goes a minute or so in order to protect Strowman as his match with Lesnar is the money match. I hope they decide that this isn't a TLC match, didn't Stephanie say something to the effect that she hadn't decided on whether or not she'd agree to that stipulation last night? I just think the TLC stipulation is pretty wasted on these two are there are simply a lot of other stars to whom this match would simply fit better. TLC matches are generally chaotic street fights that have a good number of big spots and physicality, something Strowman may not necessarily need to endure right now.

The way they are pushing the whole corbin will become permanent GM because of Strowman not being able to show up make me feel that even if Strowman is able to fully compete in the ring, they will have him do something to cost Corbin the match.

Here what i think will happen. First of all Heath Slater will be the ref for this match, secondly, Corbin will do his big speech about how he won by forfeit and he will ask for slater to ring the bell. Then he will set up the ladder start climbing to get the contract and just before he get to the contract, Strowman's music hits and strowman comes throught the crowd, shoulderblock the ladder which goes flying and sends corbin through a table that's set out outside the ring. Then strowman gets the ladder and climb to win the match.

Unless someone substitutes for Strowman, it'll be a damn waste of the TLC match itself. Although, I think it was a waste to use the TLC match for a bout between these two in the first place. Corbin does a good job as a heel authority figure, but he's on the show way too much and it doesn't help that the heel authority figure has become the most redundant and overly used character in all of pro wrestling during the past 20 years.

At any rate, they're pushing this way too hard for it ultimately to blow up in Corbin's face at the ppv. This will probably be more of an angle than a match which, again, makes it a shame that the TLC format is being wasted.

I think that's why they decided to have a women'S TLC match as well this year, because of this situation where they knew this would probably end up being just a angle still match instead of a actual tlc match which in a way it's a shame. Anyway, i still feel like the pushing this baron corbin having a huge ego storyline way to hard just to keep him in this position after the PPV. you really need for all of this to blow up in his face somehow for this angle to work. Corbin's time as the authority figure is done, he did a good job with it but i feel going into mania, you need to have somebody that feel more credible and is able to work off stephanie a little bit more then corbin does.

I think that's why they decided to have a women'S TLC match as well this year, because of this situation where they knew this would probably end up being just a angle still match instead of a actual tlc match which in a way it's a shame. Anyway, i still feel like the pushing this baron corbin having a huge ego storyline way to hard just to keep him in this position after the PPV. you really need for all of this to blow up in his face somehow for this angle to work. Corbin's time as the authority figure is done, he did a good job with it but i feel going into mania, you need to have somebody that feel more credible and is able to work off stephanie a little bit more then corbin does.

I think Raw is going to have to change directions because, in my opinion, they've been putting out some of the worst shows in the show's history over the last half year or so. The heel authority angle is something that's long since played out and Corbin, while he's done a good job, has been featured FAR too much and he just doesn't have remotely the sort of steam, credibility or overall ability to be THE top heel on Raw.

Which Corbin isn't the only problem, of course, as a lot of people just aren't being used in particularly interesting or entertaining ways and/or too much emphasis is being put on people who just don't have the ability. Instead of Lashley being the badass, the legit badass at that, that he can be, he's a one dimensional muscle man who's personality is limited to posing. Dean Ambrose is all over the place in that one week he's a badass, the next week he's a hypochondriac, then he's a standard chicken shit heel and it's making him look silly rather than menacing. The Riott Squad are about as menacing and chaotic as kids on a Disney Channel sitcom. Alexa Bliss, in my opinion, should be a heel manager to someone while she's recovering instead of being yet ANOTHER heel authority figure. Tamina Snuka has all the entertainment value of a week old corpse. Nia Jax has become fairly interesting but it's sort of a turn off seeing her cower from a woman that's literally about half her size, even if that woman's Ronda Rousey, as she's supposed to be this badass destroyer of the Raw women's division. The tag team division is the lowest it's been in years as nothing feels like it matters; you've got all the nonsense of the Lucha House Party, and it's almost painful to hear Renee young try to defend the "logic" of the "rules" they've used during their bouts with the Revival. These are two teams that could have a legit feud that results in some genuinely great matches but they're little more than comedy filler. AOP is just another couple of guys on the roster and their first tag title feud gets overshadowed because Vince finds pee pee jokes funny. Finn Balor has been absolutely wasted on Raw due to being booked in one filler, dead end mid-card feud after another; we've probably seen him wrestle Jinder Mahal in some capacity 8 to 10 times on Raw or ppvs this year.

the problem i see with Raw right now, and i see this every year at this point of the year, is that they really are just coasting along during this period of the year and it's been like this for a long time now. The December PPV isn't a priority for WWE and it's just filler until the road to mania start in January. When the new year turn around so does the creative for Raw and smackdown normally. They know that they are turning some bad show but they don'T care because in their mind, december is always a slow months for wrestling and television in general since nobody watches TV anyway. So i feel that it's not really on anybody if the shows have been bad lately, it'S more of a set of mind the company as right now since they don't see December as a month that deserve to get great creative and it'S kinda like a mini break for the creative team until the road to mania season start and they are put through the ringer for four months.

If Braun is not ready, it could be Kurt Angle being part of it...
But maybe it could also turn in a 6-tag TLC match with the other “singles” matchup on the RAW card

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back