WWE TLC 2016: Women's Championship Tables Match - Becky Lynch (c) VS Alexa Bliss

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I have to say that I'm pretty let down by this announcement because I thought that the blue brand would want to have a women's match with high stakes so as to compete with the first ever women's HAC match between Charlotte and Sasha Banks. As of last night, this just seems like a standard 1 on 1 match and that's disappointing.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say that this was being purposely done by Vince because he wants to send a message that SmackDown is still the "inferior brand." As there's still a bit of time until TLC goes down, I'm hoping that Alexa's attack on Becky last night is part of an angle in which Becky demands next Tuesday that her match be a gimmick match. Otherwise, to me, it sends something of a bad message regarding the blue brand's women's division in comparison to that of Raw.

Why did you except something with high stakes? Smackdown does not have the names to rival what Sasha and Charlotte did. And yes you sound like a conspiracy theorist :p

The only big match Smackdown can have is Nikki vs Becky, which I hope is saved for Wrestlemania.

Why did you except something with high stakes? Smackdown does not have the names to rival what Sasha and Charlotte did. And yes you sound like a conspiracy theorist :p

The only big match Smackdown can have is Nikki vs Becky, which I hope is saved for Wrestlemania.

I don't see nothing wrong with Bliss vs. Becky again. I expect Becky to win though and move on to face Carmella.

I like SDL's women's division better. They do more with less. Meanwhile RAW has to do constant title switches and HIAC matches just to stay relevant, it's only so many times they can have matches with Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley.

I can't really think of any big match RAW could have for WM for the women's title. We're about to see Bayley vs. Charlotte soon. They should have saved that for WM.

I am torn on this match's result. I would love it going either way.

Becky Lynch has always been less successful than Charlotte and Sasha Banks on main roster pre-brand split. She was mostly playing a secondary fiddle to those two. But on Smackdown, she is the Inaugral champion and is on her own. She and Nikki Bella are the flagship women of this division.

On the other hand, I have been loving Alexa Bliss' work as a heel. Just see her entrance and she plays her role aptly as a heel. She could do wonders with a title too.

So, I would love going it either way.

It was announced tonight that Becky vs. Alexa this Sunday will be a Tables Match. While it's not comparable to a ladder match or a HIAC match in terms of bragging rights, at least it's better than just going the route of a traditional one on one match. The women on Raw are showcased in a lot more high profile way than the ladies on the blue brand, but hopefully things will be a bit more level in 2017.

I'd counter by saying that the women on Smackdown aren't being forced into gimmick matches though. The entire build to the Raw Women's HIAC was majorly forced in my opinion. The tables gimmick doesn't feel as forced since Alexa put Becky through the table at the contract signing. Plus the little interview Becky did claiming "she would get her revenge on that little bitch" helped push the gimmick.

Honestly, I'm not Becky's biggest fan, but I expect her to retain here. The only way I don't see her winning is if they want to put the title on Nikki soon, then Alexa will likely get a short transitional reign and likely drop the title at the Rumble.

This was just an awesome match and it didn't felt forced or repetitive like the whole sasha banks/charlotte feud is starting to feel right now. The ending was out of nowhere with a surprising outcome and that's why the smackdown women's division as been better since the brand split. Because it's not about tagline like the women's revolution and about just 2 women's on smackdown, it's about the whole division.

This was a shit match. Both woman's matches on TLC blew chunks, just bad. I think the stipulations actually hurt both matches in a way.

This was a shit match. Both woman's matches on TLC blew chunks, just bad. I think the stipulations actually hurt both matches in a way.

I disagree, I liked this one quite a bit. Though mainly because it didn't feel predictable. Alexa dominated the match, and then won it kind of out of nowhere. Probably why I enjoy it, as I'm absolutely loving her heel work. She's not a great wrestler yet but she makes up for it by her heel actions, expressions, and timing. She's really gotten her character down cold. She's been great on the mic too.

Nikki vs. Carmella was the only weak match on the show, in my opinion. Hopefully they move on from that one. Carmella is terrible. Nikki needs a better opponent to shine.

I strongly disagree with you.

I don't know about Carmella Vs. Nikki Bella but Alexa Bliss Vs. Becky Lynch was quite good. It was the first tables match for women, I guess and they both did deliver good. I wasn't expecting much since Alexa Bliss is no Sasha or Charlotte in the ring but they both certainly exceeded my expectations.

The end did come out of nowhere. As I said in my post above, I didn't mind either winning. Happy for Bliss. :) She is turning into a great classic heel. Biting, hair pulling and eye raking dome by Alexa proved that.

This was a solid, gradually built feud and Kudos to both women. But please, don't make Nikki take off the title from Bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back