WWE Survivor Series 2017 General Discussion & Reviews

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Mine would be:

Pre-Show: Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin vs. The Usos (c) (WWE Tag Team Championship)

This is an obvious match with an obvious outcome. The Usos just won the titles and shouldn't lose yet. I think a feud with Breezango would be a great next step for Clash of Champions.

1. Mustafa Ali, Cedric Alexander, Akira Tozawa, Gran Metallik & Lince Dorado vs. Enzo Amore, Ariya Daivari, TJP, The Brian Kendrick & Jack Gallagher

Instead of going after the title, Enzo should switch focus towards Mustafa Ali who cost him the match on Monday. Kurt eventually books Team Ali vs. Team Enzo at Survivor Series, and Enzo somehow convinces the four heels to join him. Kendrick and Gallagher doing the heavy lifting, but Enzo also survives the match and is declared a winner. Like that, Enzo gets to gloat about his victory, while still annoying everyone else in the division.

2. Bobby Roode vs. Baron Corbin (c) (United States Championship)

I have a gut feeling that WWE is going to move the title onto Bobby at Clash of Champions, but I'd rather they do it sooner so Bobby can have a long reign heading into WrestleMania.

3. AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton, Tye Dillinger & Mojo Rawley vs. Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Rusev, Dolph Ziggler & Zack Ryder

I would book this as Team Bryan vs. Team Owens since Shane is out of commission. I'd use this as an opportunity to set up AJ/Sami, Nak/KO, Orton/Ziggler & Mojo/Ryder for Clash of Champions. Nak probably needs a win more than anyone else, so I'd have him be the sole survivor.

4. Kalisto (c) vs. Neville (Cruiserweight Championship)

WWE needs to do everything they can to bring Neville back. Best way to do it is for him to use his rematch clause while Enzo feuds with Ali. Neville can regain the title at Survivor Series, and start a storyline where he refuses to defend it against Enzo, eventually forfeiting the title, quitting Raw, and showing up on Smackdown to join the main roster.

5. Charlotte vs. Natalya (c) (Women's Championship Submission match)

I think Natalya should retain, maybe due to Carmella interference. The goal should be to get the title on Charlotte eventually, but I don't want Asuka's title win to be overshadowed.

6. The New Day & Breezango vs. Jinder Mahal, The Singh Bros & The Authors of Pain

I would use this match to build Kofi as the next #1 Contender to Mahal's championship. Kofi has to pin Jinder, even if he eventually loses to the Authors of Pain. I'd also keep AOP's involvement a mystery, with the Ascension being announced as part of Team Jinder, but then getting replaced on the night of the show.

7. Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss (c) (Women's Championship)

Asuka should straight up squash Alexa for the win. These two deserve a proper match, but it can happen at the Royal Rumble. Right now, the best way to sell Asuka's dominance is to have her effortlessly win the match in a Goldberg-like manner.

8. Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Matt Hardy & Braun Strowman vs. The Miz, Curtis Axel, Sheamus, Cesaro & Samoa Joe

I think Braun should turn face at TLC, arguing with Miz and walking out on the team. This would lead Joe to come back and even the odds for the big Survivor Series match-up. Slow and steady build towards a Braun/Joe match at WrestleMania.[/B]

9. Finn Balor vs. Brock Lesnar (c) (Universal Championship)

I think Finn calling out Brock and asking for his rematch is the best way to go. Paul can sell the Demon as a threat, and Finn can ragdoll his way through a great match. I think WWE needs to protect the Demon in defeat, so I'd rather they have Hideo Itami debut by distracting Finn just enough for Brock to hit a final F5 for the win. Itami's the one who kayfabe brought Finn into WWE, so the jealousy storyline writes itself.

-----

So what do you guys think should happen? Definitely not Brock/Jinder, right?.

To me Survivor Series should always be a traditional 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 elimination style match in order to build feuds, continue them, or end them. Here is my lineup

AJ Styles, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Big E. Langston, Tye Dillinger
vs.
Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Erik Rowan, Baron Corbin

This match allows for New Day to move on from the Usos and feud with the newly reformed team of Harper and Rowan. Tye Dillinger and Baron Corbin can continue their feud over the US title. I would have loved to put Shane McMahon in here but I think he is still injured and therefore double team of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs. AJ Styles can continue the feud.

Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder, Primo, Epico, and Mike Kanellis
vs.
Bobbie Roode, Mojo Rawley, Breezango, and Sin Cara

Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler can continue their feud. Primo and Epico could be the ones to attack Breezango and Sin Cara and Mike Kanellis could have a small program. Since they are teasing a split between Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder here is a chance to give one of them a push.

Jinder Mahal, Uso Brothers, Alex Rusev, and Aiden English
vs.
Shinsuke Nakamura, Shelton Benjamin, Chad Gable, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho

Benjamin and Gable could get a strong push eliminating both Use Brothers pushing their feud further. Randy Orton, Alex Rusev, and Aiden English could end their feud here.

Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Heath Slater, Rhyno
vs.
The Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas

Bray Wyatt, Elias Sampson, Goldust, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows
vs.
Fin Balor, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil (Akira Tozawa), Matt Hardy, Jason Jordan

Perfect opportunity for Sister Abigail to reveal herself during this match. This could be a wrap up of the Apollo Crews, Elias Sampson, Titus O'Neil feud. This could be an opportunity for Titus to turn on Apollo Crews for losing all the time. Darren Young could make a come back, or begin to stretch cruiserweight outside cruiserweight division by putting Akira Tozawa in here.

Kalisto, Rich Swann, Cedric Alexander, Mustafa Ali, Grand Metalik
vs.
Enzo, Brian Kendrick, TJ Perkins, Jack Gallagher, Ariyai Daivari

Cross Brand Women's Match
Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Naomi, Mickie James, Bayley, and Sasha Banks
vs.
Natayla, Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, Emma, Alicia Fox

Pre-Show
Tamina issues an open challenge. The match is accepted by Asuka.
Tamina vs. Asuka

Here is what I would have mine look like:

1:5v5
Roman Reigns/Seth Rollins/Dean Ambrose/Finn Balor/Jason Jordan
vs
The Miz/Cesaro/Sheamus/Braun Strowman/Bray Wyatt

2: Universal Championship (interpromo)
Brock Lesnar vs Jinder Mahal

3: 5v5
AJ Styles/Shinsuke Nakamura/Bobby Roode/Tye Dillenger/
vs
Baron Corbin/Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn/Dolph Ziggler/Rusev

4: Open Challenge (to anyone on SD)
Asuka vs Natalya (Carmella cashes in after Natalya destroyed)

5: Raw women's championship
Alexa Bliss vs Bayley vs Sasha Banks

6: Tag Team 4v4
NewDay/Breezango/Gable/Benjamin/Hype Bros
vs
Usos/Ascension/Bludgeon Bros/Gallows & Anderson

7: Cruiserweight 5v5
Kalisto/Cedric Alexander/Mustafa Ali/Rich Swann/Akira Tazawa
vs
Enzo Amore/Brian Kendrick/Jack Gallagher/TJP/Ariya Daivari

Pre Show:
5vs5 Interpromo
Elias/Curt Hawkins/Aiden English/Goldust/Scott Dawson
vs
Apollo Crews/Titus O'Neill/Matt Hardy/Rhyno/Heath Slater

I love the Bragging Rights concept. It may not have been executed as well as we all hoped for, but the idea behind a Raw vs. Smackdown pay per view is great. The theme can and has been applied to Survivor Series, which works fine for me. Here’s how I would book the Bragging Rights card, if it were to ever come back.

Option 1

Team Raw: the Universal Champion, the Intercontinental Champion, and the Raw Tag Team Champions
vs.
Team Smackdown: the World Champion, the United States Champion, and the Smackdown Tag Team Champions

And a bunch of Raw vs. Smackdown matches. I’d like to see some rivalries renewed. Maybe even a surprise Raw GM vs. Smackdown GM submission match.

Option 2

Team Universal: the Universal Champion and 3 of Raw's main eventers
vs.
Team World: the World Champion and 3 of Smackdown's main eventers

Team Intercontinental: the Intercontinental Champion and 3 of Raw's mid-carders
vs.
Team United States: the United States Champion and 3 of Smackdown's mid-carders

Team Raw Tag Teams: the Raw Tag Team Champions and 3 of Raw's tag teams
vs.
Team Smackdown Tag Teams: the Smackdown Tag Team Champions and 3 of Smackdown's tag teams.

Team Raw Women: the Raw Women's Champion and 3 of Raw's women
vs.
Team Smackdown Women: the Smackdown Women's Champion and 3 of Smackdown's women

Kickoff Show

Team 205 Live: the Cruiserweight Champion and 3 of 205 Live’s Stars
vs.
Team United Kingdom: the United Kingdom Champion and 3 of the United Kingdom’s Stars

Do you guys remember the 1995 survivor series? They did what was referred to as a Wild Card match. Basically it was a mixture of heels and faces teaming up to go against another team made up for heels and faces. That year it was Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, The British Bulldog, and Psycho Sid VS Yokozona, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon, and Dean Douglas. I believe this was the only year the Wild Card match occurred.

I know that last year's Raw vs Smackdown Live match consisted of heels and faces going against heels and faces, but this was still a different concept. I'd definitely be interested in each roster having a Wild Card matchup. The possibilities would be endless. Picture a team of Dean Ambrose, Braun Strowman, Cesaro, Finn Balor, and Matt Hardy vs Seth Rollins, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, The Miz, and Jason Jordan.

On Smackdown Live you could have Jimmy Uso, Kofi Kingston, Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin, and AJ Styles vs Jey Uso, Big E, Sami Zayne, Randy Orton, and Shinsuke Nakamura

A triple threat Survivor Series match. Except instead of three team of four or five. Send out three teams, one Raw with four or five, one SD with four or five, and then the third team is just Braun Strowman.

Braun doesn't have much place in a more traditional Survivor Series match. He's too big, too powerful, too over, and after TLC should be too temperamental to share the stage with a "team". It would be more entertaining than putting him out there one on one with Kane.

Maybe even have him win.

Keep all speculation, fantasy booking and discussions of matches, until/unless they're officially named for the card, in here. No spam, no spoilers, etc.

There are rumors that there'll be a lot of champion vs. champion matches for this year's show, which will be pretty awkward in some situations considering both mid-card and women's champions are heels. Also, it's guaranteed that Lesnar vs. Jinder will happen, let's just hope it's kept short. If all that's true, then the final card might look something like this:

Kick Off Show
1. Cruiserweight Division Survivor Series Match: Kalisto, Cedrick Alexander, Rich Swan, Mustafa Ali & Lince Dorado vs. Enzo Amore, Drew Gulak, Ariya Daivari, Tony Nese & Noam Dar

Main Card
1. Champion vs. Champion: Jinder Mahal vs. Brock Lesnar
2. Champion vs. Champion: The Miz vs. Baron Corbin
3. Champion vs. Champion: Alexa Bliss vs. Natalya
4. Champion vs. Champion: Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs. The Usos
5. Men's Traditional Survivor Series Match: Team Raw - Roman Reigns, Finn Balor, Cesaro, Sheamus & Matt Hardy vs. Team SmackDown - AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & 2 New Day members
6. Women's Traditional Survivor Series Match: Team Raw - Bayley, Sasha Banks, Asuka & Mickie James vs. Team SmackDown - Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Naomi, Carmella & Tamina
7. Gimmick Match: Braun Strowman vs. Kane

That's all 100% speculation, except for Jinder vs. Lesnar a we all know it's coming. I've no idea what Cena will be doing, if he'll even be there.

Given last night, it'd be weird to see Strowman & Kane in the 10 man elimination tag match, so I can see them having some sort of no DQ bout at Survivor Series if they don't do it on Raw first. If that happens, then maybe Strowman winds up on Team Raw as I just put Matt Hardy in there for a little bit of additional star power for the most part.

Something else I could see happen is that both Shane and Kurt Angle join their respective teams for the men's Survivor Series match. If such a thing happens, then maybe Owens & Zayn won't be picked for the Team Blue and, as a result, they could do something to cause SmackDown to lose the match.

I'd be all for a full card of traditional survivor series matches with the obvious exception being Mahal vs Brock. Team Kane vs Team Strowman
Shield vs Somebody
Raw Women vs SD Woman
Raw Tag vs SD Tag

Give us back that full team PPV instead of just one or two team matches.

I like the triple threat elimination match idea, but I'd like to see a 5 on 5 on 5 match with 5 Raw superstars vs. 5 Smackdown superstars vs. 5 NXT superstars.

I really dislike the champion vs champion matches they are apparently doing this year. Why would you ever want any of your title holders to look weak?

Shane I'd supposedly going to be on Raw tonight. I wonder if he'll be making a challenge to Angle.

They could have Balor win the IC title and have Styles take back the US title and have Styles vs Balor II at Survivor Series, but they will most likely go for Bray vs Balor, won't they?

I don't think Miz vs Corbin is happening. Someone will lose the belt before Survivor Series to someone else. My guess? Miz loses to either Jason Jordan or Reigns.

Plus Alexa vs Natalya is yet another heel vs heel match.

Plus.. we could have gotten New Day vs The Shield.. That's a dream match in some capacity. If the New Day had won the HIAC match, but I get why the Usos are champions.

I'm not at all happy with this year's card because it seems completely unreasonable to go the easy route, the "let's just rehash the brand supremacy storyline" once again route.

I'm okay(or at least not indignant) with Jinder Mahal vs Brock Lesnar.

But like Jack said in another thread, Miz vs Corbin seems completely out of place and meaningless, in that they're both heels and it just doesn't make any sense putting those two together just because they happen to be IC and US champs.

Them throwing all the other champion vs champion type matches seems like an easy way out, Creative being lazy once again.

There have been two storylines easily bubbling up on both SDL and Raw, and they are:-
Team Miz-Cesaro-Sheamus vs Team Angle/Shield. And
Team Shane-O-Mac vs Team KOZayn.

There are easily many superstars on SDL who would otherwise not make on the card, such as Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler, who can be fit into the Survivor Series Elimination match.

And consider this: What does either brand winning at Survivor Series do for them? People who watch and like Raw are still gonna watch Raw, and the same goes true for SDL. A kayfabe victory or defeat in this context is meaningless. And this is something they already did last year.

I think my suggested card would make much more sense, even if they want to go on with Mahal vs Lesnar and Raw women vs SDL women:-

Team Shane-O-Mac(Shane, Orton, Nakamura, Bobby Roode, AJ Styles) vs Team KOZayn(KO, Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Rusev and Aiden English or Bludgeon Brothers)

Team Angle(Kurt Angle, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns/Jason Jordan) vs Miz, Kane, Elias Samson, Bray Wyatt.

Roman Reigns or Jason Jordan(IC Champ) vs Baron Corbin(US Champ)

Tag Team Champions vs Tag Team Champions
Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose vs The Usos

Jinder Mahal vs Brock Lesnar.

Team Raw(Women) vs Team SDL(Women)

Team Raw(Sheamus and Cesaro, The Club, Rhyno/Slater) vs Team SDL(Breezango, New Day, Benjamin and Gable)

This way, you get the best of both worlds- development in current storylines, and a series of interpromotional champion vs champion matches, as well as Raw women and tag teams going against SDL women and tag teams in Survivor Series Elimination Matches.

Btw it just occurred to me, what if the WWE had planned different Survivor Series elimination matches such as Team Miz vs Team Angle, and Team Shane vs Team KO, but had to change those plans and this is the last-minute plan to do the Raw vs SDL elimination match?

Because Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt were both absent on Raw last night and probably will be able to return ON or BY survivor series and thus Raw wouldn't even have had proper superstars to build the match and storyline. (Though I actually do feel they could've managed).

Or it could be that KO may not return on SDL so that created a void too, so now Shane McMahon, AJ Styles and others will be focussing on the big match against Raw guys, throughout the buildup to Survivor Series.

Just what I felt.

With Kane vs. Stroman likely to happen I would like to see this as the 5 on 5 match

Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Cesaro, & Sheamus vs. Styles, Owens, Zayn, Roode, & Nakamura

Personally, what I would do to make this ppv more interesting, put a stipulation like which ever brand win the most matches at survior series, those winners can't be draft in the next superstar shakeup. That way you make the whole concept of brand supremacy mean something.

I'll likely just echo the sentiment of everyone else. The "brand supremacy" thing is boring.

Now last night I will say made things a tad more interesting overall. Seeing Corbin fighting side by side with New Day. Ziggler side by side with AJ. Roode beside Rusev. But a week after Survivor Series, no results from Survivor Series will mean anything. Even the night after, nothing will mean anything. No titles on the line. Nothing. It's basically just the Bragging Rights PPV all over again, except there's no championship matches. So it's even less interesting than Bragging Rights.

It made sense last year, when you had Shane and Stephanie fighting and constantly ripping each other, but they remembered the brand supremacy just in time for Survivor Series, with no previous background, not even mentions of ratings etc.

That SD invasion on RAW felt forced and it completely killed the heel/face dynamic. It's not even face vs face now. I don't know what it is. Why are they even figthing out of the blue? I just can't be entertained with so many little pieces missing right in front of my eyes.

At least Jinder gave a proper explanation as to why he wants to fight Brock. But why does the rest of RAW want to fight the rest of Smackdown?

I have the same feeling now that I do with every Bragging Rights PPV-

If I turn off my TV now, and turn it back on November 20th, I will have missed nothing, and won't care about cross-brand battles, because nothings going to last, nothings going to matter.

The way they make people pretend red vs blue matters is so inorganic, I can never get into it. I'm against the brand split in the first place; but that tangent is way off topic.

I focus on Wrestling story as a whole; and I look at the yearly picture. Throwaway matches that don't fit the overall story need to be 5* Matches like Finn and AJ put on at TLC. I don't see Jinder and Pals vs 13 German Suplexes as being 5 star (Is this considered a spoiler?)

Anyways - I just don't care about an entire PPV of throwaway matches. The Brand split isnt old enough, there's almost no history behind the people fighting, and the C Card is going to be so weak because of how the Brand Split has drained the shallow talent pool even further.

Stakes would be nice. Like, one draft pick. It'd be as easy as that to make it interesting. Now, I say that, but I'm not bored with the build so far either. It's chaotic, and doesn't make a whole bunch of sense, but it's fun so far.

It's a little outside the box, but they could do something kinda cool qith this years men's match. My armchair scenario/longshot hope;

The Elite of Smackdown; AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
vs
The Monsters of Raw; Demon Balor, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Kane and Samoa Joe.

So I just glimpsed through Raw and SDL and I somewhat liked the idea of the mishmash between all the Raw and SDL superstars, particular the main men's elimination match. Of course Randy Orton is yet to interact with Raw team.

I at least liked the interaction between AJ Styles and Sheamus, Cesaro, and Seth Rollins, as it's something fresh. (Glimpses of future matches between Styles and Rollins or Cesaro)

I do agree with most of the aforementioned posts in that either brand or team winning means very little in Kayfabe longterm, as people who watch SDL are still religiously gonna watch it regardless of win/lose, and vice versa with Raw.

But at least the main men's match is going to be very fun just like last year's match. (One could skip the proposed Jinder-Brock and Miz-Corbin match in a heartbeat)

One thing I'm curious about is: Why the separate matches between Orton and Sami, and KO and Nakamura? As in, aren't these four in the team almost a lock?

And if Orton and Nakamura were to advance, where does it leave KO and Sami? I can foresee probably a segment on SDL where KO and Sami have to beg or apologize and ingratiate themselves to Shane for a "spot" as the remainder two in the 5-man team.

That's basically the same thing Vince and Steph have Kayfabe done over and over again anyway- flaunt power and delcare their "McMahon Might" over any single superstar- even if they're named CM Punk and John Cena.

This could even take form in the form of a tag team rematch in that, if Zayn and KO win against Orton and Nakamura, they're added to the team.

A bigger surprise would be if KO advances next week due interference of Sami Zayn, and then one wonders if Zayn and Nakamura square off at Survivor Series.

This year's format has obviously got me thinking on what the best possible RAW vs SDL card could possibly be. So let's pretend babyface and heel alliances don't matter and current injuries are no issue. Post your best Raw vs Smackdown card for Survivor Series. Here's mine...

Pre-Show:

1. 8-Team Elimination Match:
The Revival, Gallows & Anderson, Enzo & Big Cass and The Prime Time Players vs. Benjamin & Gable, Breezedango, The Hype Bros, and the Bludgeon Brothers

2. Cruiserweight Tag Team Match: Neville and Kalisto vs. The Singh Brothers

Main Card:

1. 5 on 5 Elimination Match:
Elias, Jason Jordan, Kane, Big Show and Goldust vs. Rusev, Aiden English, Tye Dillinger, Sin Cara and Mike Kanelis

2. 5 on 5 Elimination Match: The Miz, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, Bobby Roode, Baron Corbin and Shinsuke Nakamura

3. Raw Women's Champion vs. Smackdown Women's Champion: Alexa Bliss vs. Natalya

4. WWE Championship: Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Samoa Joe

5. 5 on 5 Elimination Match: Bray Wyatt, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman and The Hardy Boyz vs. Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and The Usos

6. Women's 5 on 5 Elimination Match: Asuka, Nia Jax, Bayley, Paige and Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair, Carmella, Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch and Naomi

7. GM vs GM Match: Kurt Angle vs. Daniel Bryan

8. Six-Man Tag: The Shield vs. The New Day

9. Universal Championship Triple Threat Match: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. John Cena vs. AJ Styles

I figured since Cena is a "free agent", this would be the best place on the card for him.

I posted this on another thread.

The Championship Unification match is my favorite match stipulation. With that said, I don’t mind seeing the WWE Universal Champion vs. the WWE World Champion in a non-Title main event. Champion vs. Champion matches, regardless of whom the Champions are at any given time, always made the match feel extra special to me. This would be my card, if I were to book Survivor Series with this main event.

Kickoff Show
Cruiserweight Champion, Kalisto vs. United Kingdom Champion, Pete Dunne

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination match
Team Raw – Mickie James, Asuka, Sasha Banks, Emma, and Alicia Fox
vs.
Team Smackdown – Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Carmella, Naomi, and Tamina

Raw Women’s Champion, Alexa Bliss
vs.
Smackdown Women’s Champion, Natalya

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match
Team Raw – The Bar, The Hardy Boyz, The Club, The Revival, and Rhyno and Heath Slater
vs.
Team Smackdown – The New Day, The Hype Bros, The Bludgeon Brothers, Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable, and Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

Raw Tag Team Champions, The Shield (Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose)
vs.
Smackdown Tag Team Champions, The Usos (Jey and Jimmy)

WWE Intercontinental Champion, The Miz
vs.
WWE United States Champion, Baron Corbin

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination match
Team Raw – Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Kane, Finn Balor, and Bray Wyatt
vs.
Team Smackdown – Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, and AJ Styles

WWE Universal Champion, Brock Lesnar
vs.
WWE World Champion, Jinder Mahal

I think this could work out better than what will actually happen.

My other version of the card would look like this.

I love the Bragging Rights concept. It may not have been executed as well as we all hoped for, but the idea behind a Raw vs. Smackdown pay per view is great. The theme can and has been applied to Survivor Series, which works fine for me. Here’s how I would book the Bragging Rights card, if it were to ever come back.

Option 1

Team Raw: the Universal Champion, the Intercontinental Champion, and the Raw Tag Team Champions
vs.
Team Smackdown: the World Champion, the United States Champion, and the Smackdown Tag Team Champions

And a bunch of Raw vs. Smackdown matches. I’d like to see some rivalries renewed. Maybe even a surprise Raw GM vs. Smackdown GM submission match.

Option 2

Team Universal: the Universal Champion and 3 of Raw's main eventers
vs.
Team World: the World Champion and 3 of Smackdown's main eventers

Team Intercontinental: the Intercontinental Champion and 3 of Raw's mid-carders
vs.
Team United States: the United States Champion and 3 of Smackdown's mid-carders

Team Raw Tag Teams: the Raw Tag Team Champions and 3 of Raw's tag teams
vs.
Team Smackdown Tag Teams: the Smackdown Tag Team Champions and 3 of Smackdown's tag teams.

Team Raw Women: the Raw Women's Champion and 3 of Raw's women
vs.
Team Smackdown Women: the Smackdown Women's Champion and 3 of Smackdown's women

Kickoff Show

Team 205 Live: the Cruiserweight Champion and 3 of 205 Live’s Stars
vs.
Team United Kingdom: the United Kingdom Champion and 3 of the United Kingdom’s Stars

This would be better, but it is what it is.

First of all, the cruiserweights would probably have their own match. As I don't really know who is even a face or heel on 205 Live anymore (because I don't care to watch it), there's no point going through that.

Traditional five-on-five Survivor Series elimination tag team match
Team Raw (Cesaro, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Matt Hardy and Sheamus) vs. Team SmackDown (The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) and The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso))
Throwing the tag teams together for a big match makes sense. I would have preferred five teams against five teams, but Raw doesn't have that many to offer with injuries in place. Without injuries, it could work the same way. These guys deserve to be on the card.

Team Raw (Bray Wyatt, Elias, Finn Bálor, Jason Jordan and The Miz) vs. Team SmackDown (Baron Corbin, Bobby Roode, Dolph Ziggler, Rusev and Tye Dillinger)
Okay so this is a very random mix of guys, but it's basically the guys that didn't make the main event. I suppose if the whole theme of Survivor Series is Raw vs. SmackDown, then unlikely alliances are going to have to be formed. Pretty much everybody in this match has been in a recent feud with somebody else in the match, which could make for interesting dynamics.

Team Raw (Alexa Bliss, Bayley, Emma, Nia Jax and Sasha Banks) vs. Team SmackDown (Becky Lynch, Carmella, Charlotte Flair, Naomi and Natalya)
The five best women on each show going against each other. Asuka isn't included because she has literally just joined the main roster. I feel like her inclusion wouldn't make any sense this early. Just let these women go at it. If necessary, remove Emma for Asuka.

Team Raw (Braun Strowman, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe and Seth Rollins) vs. Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura)
Isn't it sad that the current WWE Champion wouldn't fit into this match? Brock Lesnar isn't included for the obvious reason that he doesn't really represent Raw; he represents himself. Maybe them two can fight on the pre-show of my card. I couldn't care less about Jinder Mahal vs. Brock Lesnar at this point. Anyway, these are the ten best guys on the full-time roster, excluding maybe The Miz and guys like Bobby Roode who are just far too fresh to be included in the main event.

Unsanctioned match
Daniel Bryan vs. Kurt Angle
This is a dream match that may never actually happen, but if WWE actually treated the whole competition between Raw and SmackDown seriously all year round, this sort of match could make sense. If WWE had played on Angle getting cleared before Bryan earlier, they could have built towards this match (assuming that Bryan could be cleared in the first place obviously). It is unsanctioned not because I want a street fight, but because, logically speaking, WWE would never clear Bryan for real competition (even in kayfabe).

I'll give this a try, but I'll ignore the current champions completely and have my own champs going into the event.

Singles match
Bobby Roode vs Dolph Ziggler

SD Tag Team Champions vs RAW Tag Team Champions
The Usos vs The Bar

RAW Women's Champion vs SD Women's Champion
Alexa Bliss vs Charlotte

5-on-5 Men's Survivor Series Elimination match
Team RAW (Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson & IC Champ The Miz) vs Team Smackdown (Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura & US Champ AJ Styles)

Singles match
Braun Strowman vs Kane

5-on-5 Women's Survivor Series Elimination match
Team RAW (Sasha Banks, Bayley, Emma, Nia Jax & Mickie James) vs Team Smackdown (Becky Lynch, Natalya, Tamina, Naomi & Carmella)

Singles Street Fight match
Kurt Angle vs Shane McMahon

3-on-3 Tag Team match
The Shield vs The New Day

Universal Champion vs WWE Champion
Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs Jinder Mahal (w/ The Singh Brothers & The Great Khali)

7 RAW vs SD matches in total, plus 2 normal matches. That's the card if I'm booking going by WWE's rules and current/recent storylines.

Here is my list sticking with the current setup for this years Survivor Series

Tag-team title match up
Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. Uso Brothers

Fin Balor, Hardy Boys, The Club
vs.
AJ Styles, New Day (Kofi & Xavier), Benjamin & Gable

Women's championship match up
Alexa Bliss vs. Charlotte Flair

Mickie James, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Asuka, Nia Jax
vs.
Becky Lynch, Natalya, Carmella, Naomi, and Tamina

Cruiserweight Match Up
Kalisto vs. Sin Cara

NXT Alumni Match
Bray Wyatt, Braun Stroman, Elias Sampson, Revival
vs.
Alex Rusev, Luke Harper, Erik Rowan, Acension

US Title/Intercontinental Match-up
The Miz vs. Bobby Roode

Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, The Bar
vs.
Shinsuke Nakamura, John Cena, Big E. Langston, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens

General Manager Match
Kurt Anglevs. Daniel Bryan

Jason Jordan, Apollo Crews, Prime Time Players, Akira Tozawa
vs.
Dolph Ziggler, Tye Dillinger, Mike Kanellis, Breezango

Pre-Show Open Challenge
Enzo Amore, Drew Gulak, and Tony Nese
vs.
Jinder Mahal and Singh Brothers

Universal Champion vs. WWE Champion
Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal

IC Champion vs. US Champion
The Miz vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Raw Tag Team Champions vs. Smackdown Tag Team Champions
Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins vs. The Usos

Raw Women's Champion vs. Smackdown Women's Champion
Alexa Bliss vs. Natalya

Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown
Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Finn Balor, Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Bobby Roode

Team Raw Women vs. Team Smackdown Women
Alicia Fox, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Asuka and Emma vs. Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Naomi, Carmella and Tamina

Cruiserweight Title Lumberjack Match
Enzo Amore vs. Sin Cara

Braun Strowman vs. Kane

Pre-Show

Jason Jordan, Elias, Matt Hardy and The Club vs. Big E, Xavier Woods, Rusev, Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back