WWE Survivor Series 2011 - Divas Championship - Beth Phoenix (c) vs Eve

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
20111114_sseries_divas.jpg

The battle over the Divas Championship between Eve and champion Beth Phoenix has spilled out of the ring and into the locker room, on Twitter and even the highways of Georgia. Now, the two will face off at Survivor Series and if their recent clashes are any indication, not even the streets of New York City may be able to contain them.

After The Glamazon defeated Eve to retain her championship last month at Vengeance, she and Natalya continued their attempts to break the spirits of Eve and Kelly Kelly. They stole Eve’s gear from the locker room the following week, tweeting out pictures mocking the beauty as they toyed with her golden ring attire. However, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu-trained Diva got a measure of revenge on the Oct. 31 Raw SuperShow, dumping Natalya out of the ring to win a No. 1 Contender’s Battle Royal to earn a rematch against Phoenix at Survivor Series.

Eve and Kelly Kelly also made a new ally in Alicia Fox, who helped the pair further repel the attacks of the self-proclaimed “Sisters of Salvation” as well as humble them by heisting the Divas Champion and Natalya’s rental car.

The Divas Championship Match at Survivor Series should be a one-on-one affair even though nothing in this rivalry has been evenly contested thus far. Now that Eve has an extra woman at her side to balance the odds against the underhanded tactics of The Glamazon and Natalya, can she finally topple Beth Phoenix for the title?

Honestly, do we really need to see this match? After the boring storyline with Kelly Kelly that showed major promise, WWE once again showed us how much they don't care about the Divas division by allowing the feud to fade away. And now it's trinkled down to Eve being involved.

I see no way that Eve can win this match. Especially if they still plan on keeping this "pinup strong" angle working on television. Beth needs to be built up as a strong force before she loses that title again.

Discuss here.

Would not suprise me if Eve wins, this pin up strong is doing nothing for me.

They had a 3 hour RAW and it was another 2 second pointless match, in which natalya AGAIN comes off weak. Nattie and beth need to feud with one another with nattie as heel.

I personally like Eve and their match at vengeance was a good one, beth is boring as a heel, its same old same old. She has no Mic skills and bores the life out of me.

Eve is way more experianced than kelly and im glad eve gets a rematch hope she wins.

im glad eve took over the fued from kelly kelly because eve is much better then kelly kelly at first i thought eve was gonna win here but i think it makes sense for beth to retain over eve but if beth retains her & nattie need to stop looking weak on raw & smackdown every week they should be dominating the other divas beth has been a good champ hopefully beth retains for atleast another month

I personally find Eve better in the ring than Kelly so I don't really have much of a problem with that. However, I too don't see how Eve is gonna walk away from the match with the title. To be honest, I'm actually starting to lose interest in this storyline which is a shame because it had a lot of potential in the beginning. I want Beth to win and continue to run through the Divas division until Kharma comes back. I mean, I'd like to see that.

I'm torn on this one, originally I loved Beth as the dominant reigning Divas champion with her sidekick Natalya. However she's losing a bit of steam recently and Eve is her opponent at Survivor Series and that is not going to be an easy task. Eve is easily the biggest threat to Beth on the Divas roster. This is gonna be a good match up in the ring as they are two of the more technically sound Divas, honestly I think this one could go either way. Eve's popularity is growing, and I think that and the fact that Beth hasn't done too much as of late could be pointing to the title changing hands, I'd say Beth is the safer bet but in gonna go with my girl Eve here.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Eve Torres wins the Divas Championship

Eve is better than kelly kelly.........she's much BELEIVABLE in the ring against beth pheonix and that's a feud i wouldn't mind watching.......beth,natalya,snuka's daughter,fox....REAL WRESTLERS.....maryse,kelly kelly straight up models..................I HOPE THIS REPLY IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE "POWERS THAT BE".

Basically every comment here is putting down Kelly Kelly and praising Eve saying she's better. I'm not a fan of both, but I dislike Eve more because of her very, very weak presence. To be honest I'd rather see Kaitlyn get pushed instead. She has improved a lot and she actually put on a good match with Maxine on NXT, something that they got a "worst worked match" award for a year ago. Not to mention she can actually show some personality. She has really come a long way and I agree with what Regal said on commentary, she has all the tools to be a champion and if she can get someone like Phoenix to mentor her she'd get a chance to showcase her improvements.

But now on to the SS match, It's apparently gonna be a Lumberjill match so I'm gonna expect nothing more than a weak match. I'm not a fan of Eve at all and like I said, I'd rather see Kaitlyn or even AJ got pushed instead. I expect the usual, a botch or two by Eve, outside interference from the Lumberjills, uncalled for screaming by Kelly Kelly, and a Glamslam finish. If Eve actually does win the title this Sunday then I don't think I'll even be paying attention to the Divas division anymore. I don't really see what's so special about her. She's ok at best in the ring, has an extremely weak presence, and can't get a good enough crowd reaction without coming out with Kelly Kelly yet she's a former 2 time champion.

Hoping to win - Beth Phoenix
Prediction - Beth Phoenix

Kharma, why can't you wrestle pregnant? Who in the fuck even cares about this match? What idiot decided that this was even remotely a good idea with the entire PPV being focused on The Rock and John Cena. Holy shit this can't get any worse. Not only is this match out of place, but just utterly stupid. This feud is now pointless. I thought the Sisters of Doom would do something interesting but damn, can we move on with Natalya vs. Beth already. Once we get to that point, then we'll talk. Until then, this match can go fuck itself.

Hamler's Prediction - Beth will retain the Diva's Championship.

Not all too interested in this match. Eve standing up to Beth and Natalya claiming to not be a barbie pretty much sums up the whole feud. She has new entrance music which is pretty cool. Them making it a lumberjill match helps but wouldn't a Team Eve VS Team Beth divas elimination match have been more interesting? It will probably be the least interesting match of the night and a chance for me to grab a hot pocket from the fridge. I miss Kharma. Beth retains because there is no reason for anyone to beat her until Kharma returns for the feud we as fans deserve.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Beth Phoenix will retain the Divas Championship

I REALLY hope Phoenix wins.

I just hate that the WWE takes two women who are genuine, shapely, and work hard and make them heels. Then takes KK who is fake, scrawny, no tits, no ass, hair extensions, too much make up, and according to Orton has had more superstars at her bed than all the Make-a-Wish kids combined, and turns her into a babyface.

"High teenage girl who watches Raw (Cena/Orton/Morrison? fans), you're chunky but you know what, look up to KK, if you make yourself throw up every day for the rest of your life and suck a lot of dick, you too can be successful"

OR

"High teenage girl, look up to Beth and Natalya, they worked hard and have beautiful curves, they are successful. If you believe in yourself, one day you will be too".

Hmmm, I wonder which I'd approve.

Eve and Beth actually had one of the better divas matches I've seen in a while at Vengeance. But the storyline is kind of lame... I could care less who wins. The Diva division is kind of boring right now. They miss Kharma. She actually brought some excitment to the division.

I'm just glad I dont have to see Kelly-Kelly wrestle. She was only entertaining during her run in ECW, when she used to strip and get spanked. :lmao:

Does anyone care? This Divas Of Doom stuff has really been lagging. I'm a fan of both Phoenix and Natalya, but they've been doing the same stuff for months now. They need something new, for me. Perhaps that something is the addition of Kaitlyn, who showed a heelish element on the most recent Smackdown. Kaitlyn would slot nicely into the Sisters Of Salvation - she's one of the bigger Divas, and is also rather inexperienced. Wrestling alongside Phoenix and Natalya would do wonders for her. It would also probably mean that AJ gets a decent push - something which I'm really hoping for.

Alternatively, Phoenix and Natalya made just need someone new to work with. Eve sucks. Kelly Kelly sucks. Alicia Fox is awesome (yes, I'm being sincere), but she would probably be treated the same as the former Divas. Kharma needs to come back as soon as possible. Or better yet, Michelle McCool. I'm longing for a Michelle McCool return.

As for the match, it will be standard Divas fare. It will basically be like every Phoenix/Natalya vs. Eve/Kelly bout we've seen for the past few months. Phoenix will probably retain or something. Ha, like I care.

Meh. I really don't care about this match, and I haven't had any real interest in the Divas division for months now. At first, I liked the idea of Beth and Natalya as a team, and I thought this dominant duo would bring some much needed excitement to WWE's women's division, but the team of Beth and Natalya hasn't done anything for me. Beth and Natalya have all the credentials to be a be believable team of destruction. Both women have the perfect look, they can wrestle, Beth has won multiple championships, and Natalya is a former Divas Champion, but these two have been pretty dull and boring as a duo.

Usually, I don't like to use the term "piss break" when referring to Divas matches, but I'm seriously considering skipping this one. I don't expect anything good here, but this could be a decent enough match. Beth should retain here, and The Divas Of Doom will continue their rampage or lack thereof. I don't know where Eve could go from here. She'll probably continue her routine as Kelly Kelly's best friend, or she'll just become another pretty face in the women's division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back