• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Superstars most promising... ... superstars?

MizterColemine

Whoo.. is this rooodyPOO?
I need to get this off my chest: What is it about Chavo that makes WWE want to keep him far away from the slightest push? The last real thing I remember him doing was taking over Eddie's rivalry with Rey Mysterio. He was obviously bested by Mysterio, who went on to capitalize on the memory of the late great Guerrero and Chavo faded into obscurity, after having had tag team championships, light heavyweight and cruiserweight gold, and I don't even know how much else he's accomplished, but I've always been a fan since WCW and it seems WWE bookers don't think he's worth a push. Did he do something wrong? Because as far as I can see he is as good an athlete as Mysterio and should be able to hold his own in upper mid card or main event storylines. Am I wrong? :confused: I just don't see the problem with this guy. I invite anyone to either enlighten me or tell me I'm right to be offended that Chavo is neglected. Anyway... I guess I should be happy he's not where Shelton Benjamin is...

That being vented,

I just finished watching last weeks episode of Superstars and it doesn't cease to impress me.
Here are most or all the guys I saw:
Zack Ryder
Chris Masters
JTG
Yoshi Tatsu
DH Smith
Tyson Kidd
Chavo Guerrero
Kurt Hawkins
Primo
Darren Young

I have some thoughts as to who I would prefer to see make their way to (or back to) Raw or SmackDown, IF I had to make a choice... because all of these guys are talented and put on good matches. However, I'd like to see these faces provide some new competition for the Upper mid-card level and some eventually even higher.
First things first. Chris Masters, Yoshi Tatsu, and Darren Young. If I could only choose three, it would be them.
I think Darren Young has more potential than ANYONE with the exception of Masters and Tyson Kidd. He's great in the ring, has the look, and he got himself a haircut. I think he's more promising than David Otunga ever was. I can see him as World or WWE Champion in 5 years if WWE gave him that kind of push. Otherwise he'd make a great mid card babyface for RAW or SmackDown. By this time next year he could be IC or US champ and that's with a push on the slow build treatment. Give him mic practice and face time and he could be a new golden boy for WWE. He's fast and strong, not slow and strong like former teammate Otunga haha. He seems comfortable and confident in the ring. He has an X Factor. Just let him develop his personality.
Yoshi Tatsu is the next Tajiri :taijiri:or Taka Michinoku, but I think he can go further than Light Heavyweight Champion material if it still existed. I think he can easily be believable and even revered with mid card gold. He's new and fresh and adds more foreign representation to the roster. Even if he's not a good English speaker, he could have a manager, sidekick, or go for Tag Team glory with a partner. Thats the fun thing about WWE booking: options (even when they take the wrong ones).
Chris Masters has been doing a great job winning back his credibility on Superstars and NXT. His in ring technique and power set is solid. His finishing move has been played down to where it's not the best thing ever, but is very effective and believable (though he may need a secondary finisher, preferably a throw or slam type special move). His mic skills are passable. All he requires is a good feud and storyline to optimize his intensity and bring out an edge in this guy and we got ourselves a future champion.
If I could choose a fourth, it's Tyson Kidd. He has talent, hype, and an alfalfa hairdo. I expect him to become midcard contender this year.
What are your feelings on the WWE Superstars talent roster?
Do you agree with my top 3?
Who is in your top 3 out of the talent featured in WWE Superstars lately, and how hard should they be pushed?
:headscratch:

I need to get this off my chest: What is it about Chavo that makes WWE want to keep him far away from the slightest push? The last real thing I remember him doing was taking over Eddie's rivalry with Rey Mysterio. He was obviously bested by Mysterio, who went on to capitalize on the memory of the late great Guerrero and Chavo faded into obscurity, after having had tag team championships, light heavyweight and cruiserweight gold, and I don't even know how much else he's accomplished, but I've always been a fan since WCW and it seems WWE bookers don't think he's worth a push. Did he do something wrong? Because as far as I can see he is as good an athlete as Mysterio and should be able to hold his own in upper mid card or main event storylines. Am I wrong? :confused: I just don't see the problem with this guy. I invite anyone to either enlighten me or tell me I'm right to be offended that Chavo is neglected. Anyway... I guess I should be happy he's not where Shelton Benjamin is...

That being vented,

I just finished watching last weeks episode of Superstars and it doesn't cease to impress me.
Here are most or all the guys I saw:
Zack Ryder
Chris Masters
JTG
Yoshi Tatsu
DH Smith
Tyson Kidd
Chavo Guerrero
Kurt Hawkins
Primo
Darren Young

I have some thoughts as to who I would prefer to see make their way to (or back to) Raw or SmackDown, IF I had to make a choice... because all of these guys are talented and put on good matches. However, I'd like to see these faces provide some new competition for the Upper mid-card level and some eventually even higher.
First things first. Chris Masters, Yoshi Tatsu, and Darren Young. If I could only choose three, it would be them.
I think Darren Young has more potential than ANYONE with the exception of Masters and Tyson Kidd. He's great in the ring, has the look, and he got himself a haircut. I think he's more promising than David Otunga ever was. I can see him as World or WWE Champion in 5 years if WWE gave him that kind of push. Otherwise he'd make a great mid card babyface for RAW or SmackDown. By this time next year he could be IC or US champ and that's with a push on the slow build treatment. Give him mic practice and face time and he could be a new golden boy for WWE. He's fast and strong, not slow and strong like former teammate Otunga haha. He seems comfortable and confident in the ring. He has an X Factor. Just let him develop his personality.
Yoshi Tatsu is the next Tajiri :taijiri:or Taka Michinoku, but I think he can go further than Light Heavyweight Champion material if it still existed. I think he can easily be believable and even revered with mid card gold. He's new and fresh and adds more foreign representation to the roster. Even if he's not a good English speaker, he could have a manager, sidekick, or go for Tag Team glory with a partner. Thats the fun thing about WWE booking: options (even when they take the wrong ones).
Chris Masters has been doing a great job winning back his credibility on Superstars and NXT. His in ring technique and power set is solid. His finishing move has been played down to where it's not the best thing ever, but is very effective and believable (though he may need a secondary finisher, preferably a throw or slam type special move). His mic skills are passable. All he requires is a good feud and storyline to optimize his intensity and bring out an edge in this guy and we got ourselves a future champion.
If I could choose a fourth, it's Tyson Kidd. He has talent, hype, and an alfalfa hairdo. I expect him to become midcard contender this year.
What are your feelings on the WWE Superstars talent roster?
Do you agree with my top 3?
Who is in your top 3 out of the talent featured in WWE Superstars lately, and how hard should they be pushed?
:headscratch:

I can't really see Darren Young being world title material, but hey, I didn't think Rocky Maivia was either so you never know. He's not bad at all though, if not a tad bland right now.

Yoshi Tatsu isn't bad either, but he has nothing at all in common with TAKA or Tajiri, other than the obvious. I can't see him ever getting a push at all, b/c face it, you won't get one without mic skills unless you are a freak like Khali or something. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's the truth. He'll be Superstars fodder with Primo until he heads back to Japan. I'm surprised they haven't done anything racist with him yet though.

Personally I'd like to see more of David Hart Smith. He could definitely use some tweaks, as he's very plain looking other than his size and shows next to no intensity at all. I'd love to see more with him and Kidd feuding, having Jackson Andrews (he's still Kidd's bodyguard right?) destroy him over and over and finally DHS gets tired of it and shows a little mean streak (without going heel) and takes him out. Anything to show some personality or character other than, "My dad is Davey Boy, my grandpa is Stu."

for chavo G, i think he should sort of take eddie G's gimmick as a tribute thing. chavo should start lieing, cheating, and stealing he should come out with a hydrolics car. it gives him somthing to do, and it wasn't just eddie who had tht gimmick, they both did tht gimmick as a team. so chavo should start doing tht gimmick, and be funny with it, like the chair thing tht eddie use to do, give the opponent the chair and lie down. and plus with the help of the gimmick, im sure chavo would at least win mid card tittles.

and for chris masters, he deserves more. he has the look, hes very young (25 or 26) and has good agility, okay mic work, and for the second finisher: full nelson slam, so if the guy dosent tap out from master lock, masters could slam him from their, for a great win.

If I could pick any three of the wrestlers prominantly featured on Superstars to get pushes on the regular shows, I would have to pick Zack Ryder, Chris Masters, and Tyson Kidd.

Zack Ryder has unbelievable upside. He's got a great character, he's pretty good in the ring, and he's talented on the mic. He's been in the WWE long enough to know what it takes to put on a good match and an interesting feud, being involved in angles with Edge, Tommy Dreamer, and Christian. I can honestly see him going a similar route of Santino, maybe getting one win by mistake and getting very close victories over the next few weeks. I think you could slowly elevate him to becoming a midcard staple.

Chris Masters has the charisma and the athletic ability to be a star. His wrestling skills are about average, but he can make up for that with his strength and being able to pull of some power moves that few other wrestlers can. His face work has been okay, but I think an arrogant heel would suit him better. He and Cody could form a tag team if that's the route WWE wants to take with those stars, but I think he'd be better off feuding with John Morrison, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, or other upper midcarders. The WWE will have to build him up to get him to that point, but I think he's capable of putting on good feuds and matches at that position on the card.

Tyson Kidd is extremely talented in the ring, utilizing a combination of exciting high flying wrestling and high impact striking. In addition to being a fun wrestler to watch, he seems like he would be capable of carrying on a decent feud, and I think we may see one with Daniel Bryan in the near future. Giving him Jackson Andrews as a body guard is a big rub for him as it brings him a lot of visibility, and you have to imagine that this is going somewhere.

I think Del Rio is Awesome! WWE got lucky to have him, instant superstar! I think Otunga is so bad, has very weak mic skills. And that is true, Chavo is an excellent wrestler, just another example of Vince not knowing what he is doing anymore!

I have been having similar thoughts about the talent WWE has but doesnt use, oh wait ive had that for years now.

Masters(hes 28 btw i think)-- when i 1st saw his debut (its an unveiling!!) i thought he was going to be huge, it just had a great feel to it.. i just think all the pain killer abuse etc, suspensions injuries kind of ruined what he could of been. i was hoping with nxt he might go somewhere with his rookie only for him to get ganked

hes started to get back into it all though and i hope he finally gets a title at some point, but for sure he needs a 2nd finisher althought it seems they have started to build back up the power of his nelson

ryder-- not enough decent heels around anymore and this guy gets great crowd reaction, great gimmick, good mic and good skills, surely due a push, they have brought back hawkins so who knows

JTG-- getting tired of seeing him in the 1st cmatch of superstars and back stage promos out of shot, i like him.. im guessing those 2 or 3 promos hes done is a way of getting him seen without taking up 15 mins a match, surely its time?

Darren Young--- i agree with OP see him as a future champion and main eventing PPV's and hes certainly been improving alot over the last 2 months
i hated him in nxt but loving him now, got everything going for him in the coming youth era of wwe

i picked 4 sorry :p

but no we get crap like santino

Yoshi Tatsu, not really keen to be honest and their will never be another like tajiri

DH Smith, useless on the mic to the point where he just wont get pushed unless he gets a manager, like him in ring though always preferred the strong ring style

Tyson Kidd--shave it off, enough said and completely wasted the bodyguard angle in true wwe Uturn we dont know what we are doing philosophy, he could be injured for all i know or loads of other reasons, but they certainly dropped that angle

Chavo Guerrero, under used what more can you say?

Primo ,face heel face heel face heel face heel

the list could go on and the main problem is not with the stars themselves or any short comings its wwe relent on randy orten cena edge etc far too much for main spots which then limits the amount of spots the talent which should be higher can get, which then means guys like this in this thread get nowhere

im just glad miz is champ and we are not bouncing between cena and orten yawn

I think Del Rio is Awesome! WWE got lucky to have him, instant superstar! I think Otunga is so bad, has very weak mic skills. And that is true, Chavo is an excellent wrestler, just another example of Vince not knowing what he is doing anymore!

:offtopic: Del Rio is already in the midst of a huge push, and he was never limited to Superstars since he made his debut on smackdown, but I'm glad you agree with me otherwise.

and as an amendment i may have spoken too soon about yoshi tatsu, but honestly, there's probably no where near as many Japan wrestlers coming over here as is American wrestlers making a splash in Japan... You gotta admit these guys are cool. But you're right there'll never be another Tajiri. This Yoshi guy gets a decent reaction, and he gets the W over Tyson Kidd... They could push him if they wanted. But hey, even if they don't use Yoshi Tatsu, are we gonna see a Japanese champion at all in our generation?

Curt Hawkins
Out of anybody on my, or your, lists, Curt Hawkins is the only one that actually seems able to actually be a big(ish) star. He has the look, potential, and ability to be a major threat to any championship on Smackdown. His matches with Trent Berretta on WWE Superstars were flat out amazing--match of the week material. Their matches were truly something I would've died to see on Smackdown and even though it didn't have a great feud behind it their matches would've made a great addition to either RAW or Smackdown. Curt Hawkins is at least Intercontinental Championship material. He doesn't need to change, they just need to give him some good matches and ring time to showcase his ability. A future star...hopefully.

Chavo Guerrero
Ahh Chavo Guerrero. A former ECW Champion, Cruiserweight Champion and probably the greatest accolade of them all-- a Guerrero. A man who deserves a push. Chavo has worked his ass off for years and I'm suprised he's not "Matt Hardy fustrated" with the WWE. Chavo has never been anything big. It seems as if every push they try, whether its with Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero or ECW Championship reign, it never seems to stick. I like how someone above said give him the Eddie "Lie, Cheat, Steal" gimmick. I've been saying for months Chavo need to turn face and that gimmick is probably his answer.

Chris Masters
I wasn't a big fan of Chris Master maybe two months ago, but after watching Superstars on WGN, I've become a bigger fan of his. He is suprisingly over with the crowd. Now they shouldn't waste that. They need to use him. A very great mid carder on either RAW or Smackdown is his answer. Even though he was considered main event material back in 2005, I will never see him as a main eventer. He has an impressive look but his ring and mic ability aren't too strong. But he's really impressed me as of late nonetheless.

I would also like to add DH Smith here. He has impressed me way more than Tyson has thus far. I believe DH Smith can play off his Dad's legacy until he is ready to build his own.

I think that the problem with the "Superstars" show is that while there is some exceptional wrestling on it, it has no promos on it most of the time. The roster, especially the midcard roster, on either show is very heavily crowded and pushing a guy on a show just on the basis of his in ring ability would be a bit risky. The crowd does not generally care for in ring ability alone if you don't have a good enough character to go aalong with it.

In order to rectify this situation what I would like to see is some "Superstar" exclusive feuds. It could be treated as a third brand minus the championships and a place where the lower midcarders can settle their feuds.

Coming to the point of this thread, the three guys from Superstars whom I would like to see featured regularly on the major shows are:

DH Smith: The son of the British Bulldog is a fine power wrestler and could be a useful commodity. I doubt if he will ever be a main eventer but I see him doing the same job in the WWE that his father did; that of being a solid upper midcarder. Plus I feel that he has a better chance of getting over than someone like Chris Masters who, though a decent wrestler, has been treated as too much of a joke to be taken seriously.

Tyson Kidd: Another great wrestler who could be a fine addition to the midcard. I would love to see Daniel Bryan vs Tyson Kidd for the US title. Despite him appearing on Superstars, I do think that WWE has high hopes on this guy and the feud with Bryan might happen sooner rather than later.

Zack Ryder: He has the potential to be a main eventer if pushed correctly. He can wrestle and he can talk. They should give him the gimmick HBK had in the early 90s when he freshly turned heel and see what he can do with it. He had very good chemistry with Edge in the few backstage segments that they had on Raw this year and it reminded me a bit of E&C to be honest. The best thing to do would be to put him in a tag team at the moment and just feature him on Raw or Smackdown every week. I think he had the talent to run with the ball.

Zack Ryder: He has the potential to be a main eventer if pushed correctly. He can wrestle and he can talk. They should give him the gimmick HBK had in the early 90s when he freshly turned heel and see what he can do with it. He had very good chemistry with Edge in the few backstage segments that they had on Raw this year and it reminded me a bit of E&C to be honest. The best thing to do would be to put him in a tag team at the moment and just feature him on Raw or Smackdown every week. I think he had the talent to run with the ball.

Haha:blush: You guys are really selling me on this Ryder character. He is definitely fun to watch.
As I said, I believe Masters is earning back his credibility. He can even use it in his push... everyone loves a comeback right? Speaking of which, this is something Chavo and Masters have in common... Stable?

Tyson Kidd: Reminds me of a young Shawn Michaels in many ways, I think he could easily be WWE's top heel (or maybe face) in a few years. Hey, if Miz can do it, why not Kidd?

Chavo Guerrero: Deserves a push. He's put so much into WWE over his career (He was the freaking soaring eagle!) and should get a IC/US title reign before he retires. He's Forty, and it seems a bit late for a push, though.

JTG: Is good, but I prefer Shad Gaspard. Bring him back and make him a World Champion. I don't see much coming from JTG, his gimmick isn't that believable.

I am shocked no one has said this guy.

Trent Barreta: This guys has been in a feud with Drew McIntyre...who at one point was WWE's chosen one! This feud is not hurting him, only helping him. Now with Kelly Kelly in the mix, hopefully this guy can get more over. I see big things from him, but it is with time, and proper feuds. This one with Drew is a start, he even has gotten victories over Drew too. So I will Say Trent has promise and can make it.

Interesting thread. Superstars doesn't really get many threads and is often looked down upon, even though it's a 1 hour wrestling show in the same vein as the original WWF Superstars and others that revolve around wrestling content and feature wrestlers that don't often get screen time on the big brands.

That being said, if I had to pick three, I'd have to go with Tyson Kidd, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder.

Tyson Kidd - Tyson Kidd is just downright entertaining to watch inside the ring. He's a high flyer, he's fast, brings a lot of energy into most of his matches and is also a good mat wrestler. In recent months, he's shown a little of his personality and he's done a decent job on the mic the few times we've heard him speak. In those moments, I think we've seen some of what's lurking just beneath the surface, just out of reach. I was very much looking forward to a potential feud with Daniel Bryan before Kidd got squashed by Mark Henry and has been taken back down to Superstars.

Curt Hawkins - I enjoy Curt Hawkins. He's got personality, he's shown to be pretty good on the mic, has some natural charisma and he's very solid inside the ring. Part of me would love to see him form a tag team with Trent Barretta but I'd hate to see all that potential wasted if the WWE isn't going to put any effort into it's tag team scene. I think Hawkins would do well on SmackDown! and could, at least, be a very good mid-card presence. He's only 25 years old and has his entire career ahead of him.

Zack Ryder - Take just about everything I said about Hawkins and apply it to Ryder. Hell, they broke into the WWE together. They're the same age and Ryder has his career ahead of him. Both of them seem older to me, I think, because they've been in the WWE for almost 5 years now. I'm hoping that Ryder is basically just paying his dues in the WWE at this point because I think he has a lot of ability. It'd just be a shame to see it go to waste.

I am shocked no one has said this guy.

Trent Barreta: This guys has been in a feud with Drew McIntyre...who at one point was WWE's chosen one! This feud is not hurting him, only helping him. Now with Kelly Kelly in the mix, hopefully this guy can get more over. I see big things from him, but it is with time, and proper feuds. This one with Drew is a start, he even has gotten victories over Drew too. So I will Say Trent has promise and can make it.

Well I haven't been watching Superstars except for the past few weeks, and he wasn't on this week. In fact he's been on SmackDown so he's apparently at the beginning of a push. Or so it seems, so I didn't mention him in the original post.

I'm suprised nobody mentioned this guy

Primo Colon: Tons of talent, hard worker which Carlito wasn't. Very charismatic, decent on the microphone, believable face and heel Im suprised he has not amounted into anything after the break up of The Colons. They should give him the push Carlito recieved in 2006. WWE was high on this guy!

Tyson Kidd: This guy is freakin amazing in the ring and has been fairly decent on the microphone I always thought that after the break up of The Hart Dynasty that David would get the better push hopefully the WWE will continue the angle with Jackson Andrews.

Chris Masters: He's fairly alright, he's been a great face and he plays an amazing heel. Back in 2005 everybody thought he would be face of the company by now! WWE was high on this guy also. When he made his debut he reminded me a little of The Narcissist Lex Luger he is pretty good.

Honorable Mention: Darren Young

Pretty good in the ring improved alot when he was apart of Nexus. A little generic now if WWE did a little tweaking of his gimmick he would be pretty charismatic. It's too bad that he had his hair cut his hair made him stick out he looks pretty bland now. He had what is called "the look" when he had his hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back