• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE SummerSlam: WWE United States Championship - AJ Styles (c) VS Kevin Owens

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After losing his rematch for the US title due to a "blown call" by the referee, Owens went on a rampage backstage and was granted a rematch against Styles at SummerSlam because of said blown call. Since Owens was ranting about the incompetence of the officials, Daniel Bryan stated that he had the perfect idea for a special referee in Shane McMahon, which Shane eventually agreed to after Owens continued to go on his tirade.

For a while, it looked as though that the idea might be for Owens to face Shane McMahon at SummerSlam and I personally find this solution far more preferable. Styles & Owens have been having good matches, but none of them have been on the same level as their first encounter in May at the Backlash ppv. So if they're given enough time and allowed to go all out, this will be a highly entertaining match and I'm hoping that they can keep the various shenanigans regarding Shane as special referee to a minimum.

You know how this feud has been underwhelming so far? How we all expected it to click but it hasn't? Yeah, let's assume Shane McMahon to the blow off match so the attention can be shifted to him and we can't get the straight, hopefully much improved, match and resolution we deserve.

my hope is that the final match with these two ends with a great wrestling match where both men put on their best performances and i think it CAN happen and my hope also is that when this feud for the title ends, that Kevin Owens moves onto someone else and build him up as the main event top heel on Smackdown soon because of all the heels on smackdown, i feel that Owens is the best character.

Corbin has potential, but he's not the best talker on the show and Jinder Mahal to me is a been there and seen it character...only it's been done better. in other words, he reminds me of a poor man's Muhammad Hassan only Hassan was better in the ring and on the mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back