WWE SummerSlam - Braun Strowman VS Kevin Owens

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
An Extreme Rules rematch between Strowman and Owens was made official on Raw last night. If Strowman loses the match, whether it's even by count out or disqualification, Kevin Owens wins his MITB contract.

If they were going to continue this program even after Owens was tossed off the top of a steel cage, then placing Strowman's MITB briefcase in danger is what needed to happen. We all know Strowman can beat Owens has he's done it a lot over the course of this year in various multi-person and tag team matches and because Owens is in full chickenshit heel mode rather than violent sociopath mode. As a result, there needs to be something that makes Strowman somehow vulnerable as simply losing a match just doesn't cut it after you toss a guy off the top of a steel cage.

Expect Owens to pull out all sorts of shenanigans and heel tricks in order to pick up the win via DQ or count out. I think there's a real shot that they could go with Owens winning this match as, for one thing, most past MITB winners have been heels. In this case, however, whether it's Owens or Strowman and whether the Universal Champion is still Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns, Owens or Strowman will get massive cheers whenever he cashes in.

I know the odds of strowman losing is low but what is interesting is that Hell in a Cell has Roman vs Owens advertised. What if Kevin wins by DQ and cashes in on Roman as soon as he beats lesnar.

Strowman really don't need the briefcase or title to be over, so I wouldn't be surprise if this match was made solely to take the briefcase off strowman without hurting him. I could see strowman somehow getting caught up or distracted by somebody maybe Corbin and getting count out in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back