• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Signs Tyler Black

Tougie

WZ Sexual Panther
WZ basically confirmed it and I have to say im disappointed. With the original report I figured it was a rumor. It would be selfish of me as a wrestling fan to say he shouldnt go to WWE, clearly he's going because 1. Better Pay and 2. World Wide Exposure. But I cant imagine he'll ever be higher than where Zack Ryder is now. Obviously he'll be on NXT 3 or 4. He has pretty solid in ring work and his mic skills lag. I swear they just signed someone else like that then fired him for basically no reason. (Yes I'm talking about Danielson, and to the marks obviously their styles are different)

Thoughts on the signing and what you think he will accomplish. Also, who do you guys think he will drop the belt to. He hasent had a match announced for Glory by Honor 9. I got the feeling Roddy or Davey will get the call considering Steen is already signed for a match.

Yeah just read about this earlier today, pretty shocked it took this long for a thread to pop up about this. Sucks from a fan's standpoint because we won't be seeing Tyler for awhile if/when he does get called up to the main roster in the WWE, as this is purely a developmental deal and he's going to be sent to Florida. Considering the fast-track to the main roster other former ROH champs have had though I fully expect him to be called up to one of the main shows within a few weeks of being sent to Florida.

I always thought Tyler had a great look for the WWE and this confirms it to me, and I hope the WWE really does plan to use him in a big way like they did other former ROH champs like Punk and what they started to do for Danielson before he was fired.

As for who he'll drop the title to, I imagine it will be Davey Richards as they've been building up to a title win for him for quite awhile. On the other hand though, and this may sound shocking, I also wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Christopher Daniels win the belt as I get the feeling they'll want to give him a title reign sometime soon for all of the things he did for the promotion from the beginning and for the fact that he never won the world title despite everyone thinking he was destined to. Don't think I see them pulling the trigger on a Roddy world title reign yet, not sure if he's ready.

Sad news for ROH fans though. They'll realize how talented Tyler really is once he's gone.

What is ROH loss is WWE's gain. I actually see a Punk like future for Black as long as he doesn't blow it with off work issues. He has the look and personality that the WWE looks for in a wrestler as I take Black as a guy who will do anything for the company. It all depends on how Black can carry himself on t.v. specifically the mic to determine if he will suceed or not. Although, I believe he will work on his promo skills and will be a guy that the WWE trust on to deliver. As for ROH, I see them putting the title on Richards as he is one of the most over wrestlers in the company and he's ready for a title reign imo.

Yeah just read about this earlier today, pretty shocked it took this long for a thread to pop up about this. Sucks from a fan's standpoint because we won't be seeing Tyler for awhile if/when he does get called up to the main roster in the WWE, as this is purely a developmental deal and he's going to be sent to Florida. Considering the fast-track to the main roster other former ROH champs have had though I fully expect him to be called up to one of the main shows within a few weeks of being sent to Florida.

I always thought Tyler had a great look for the WWE and this confirms it to me, and I hope the WWE really does plan to use him in a big way like they did other former ROH champs like Punk and what they started to do for Danielson before he was fired.

As for who he'll drop the title to, I imagine it will be Davey Richards as they've been building up to a title win for him for quite awhile. On the other hand though, and this may sound shocking, I also wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Christopher Daniels win the belt as I get the feeling they'll want to give him a title reign sometime soon for all of the things he did for the promotion from the beginning and for the fact that he never won the world title despite everyone thinking he was destined to. Don't think I see them pulling the trigger on a Roddy world title reign yet, not sure if he's ready.

Sad news for ROH fans though. They'll realize how talented Tyler really is once he's gone.

Ummm CM Punk was in OVW for 9 months and Kaval has been in FCW for well over a year. The only former ROH Champion who I recall as having a fast track pass to the main roster was Bryan Danielson, and forgive me if I express scepticism over Tyler being as good as Danielson. Sorry to say this X, but I very much doubt that anybody will be seeing Tyler Black on TV outside of Florida for a year or so.

Ummm CM Punk was in OVW for 9 months and Kaval has been in FCW for well over a year.

Which is absolutely nothing in comparison to the several years most people signed to developmental deals spend in training and development. Nick Dinsmore had to wait like seven years and that was just so he could be handed the gimmick of a mentally handicapped person and have his career forever killed as a joke.

The only former ROH Champion who I recall as having a fast track pass to the main roster was Bryan Danielson, and forgive me if I express scepticism over Tyler being as good as Danielson. Sorry to say this X, but I very much doubt that anybody will be seeing Tyler Black on TV outside of Florida for a year or so.

I don't, at all. I fully expect Tyler to get called up to the main roster in the first half of 2011 if he does well in Florida.

Which is absolutely nothing in comparison to the several years most people signed to developmental deals spend in training and development. Nick Dinsmore had to wait like seven years and that was just so he could be handed the gimmick of a mentally handicapped person and have his career forever killed as a joke.

Not True. Although Dinsmore was in OVW from 1997 untill his call up in 2004, as far as I can tell he only signed a developmental contract in 2002. Feel free to correct me on that, but that's what my googling suggests.

I don't, at all. I fully expect Tyler to get called up to the main roster in the first half of 2011 if he does well in Florida.

I don't doubt he'll do well in Florida. So did Kaval, who was there since January of last year. So Did Sheamus, McIntyre and Barrett were in Developmental since '07.

Being a former ROH champion might cut your time spent in developmental but not enough to be called up within a few months of debuting in Florida.

I don't doubt he'll do well in Florida. So did Kaval, who was there since January of last year. So Did Sheamus, McIntyre and Barrett were in Developmental since '07.

Being a former ROH champion might cut your time spent in developmental but not enough to be called up within a few months of debuting in Florida.

Kaval was down there longer because he was hurt. As for the other three, I'm pretty sure you've talked in other threads about how they weren't that good before they went to developmental.

As for the topic on hand, this is another tough break for ROH. Tyler's been having a great run and I truly he has improved during it. With that said, they have a few guys, Steen, Richards, and Strong, on great rolls right now and any of them, most likely Davey, would be good choices for next champion. WWE has made a very good signing here, but what I'm more curious about is what will become of the ROH title picture.

Kaval was down there longer because he was hurt. As for the other three, I'm pretty sure you've talked in other threads about how they weren't that good before they went to developmental.

He was indeed. Since the Injury happened very near the start of his FCW career, lets pretend that his Developmental deal didn't start until November of '09. He was still down there for over half a year, and god knows how much longer if WWE weren't calling up people in batches (same goes for the other 14 guys called up who weren't former ROH champs).

As for the three people from the British Isles, Sheamus was shit (with regards to picking his spots), McIntyre is still shit and Barrett was (as far as I can tell) never shit.

In any case, we're still looking at Tyler being down in FCW for the best part of a year, barring injuries.

As for the topic on hand, this is another tough break for ROH. Tyler's been having a great run and I truly he has improved during it. With that said, they have a few guys, Steen, Richards, and Strong, on great rolls right now and any of them, most likely Davey, would be good choices for next champion. WWE has made a very good signing here, but what I'm more curious about is what will become of the ROH title picture.

ROH will survive. If it can do nothing else, it's taking the raw tallent they have and refining it to the point where they're never short of top level tallent. Until one of the big two companies decides to poach their top level tallent of course.

Tyler Black is a great in ring performer who can work various styles. Perhaps in FCW we could see him in a heel role, living up to Michael Cole's expectations that every ROH star like Danielson and Kaval that is popular amongst the IWC is uber-arrogant about having been the big fish in a small pond. I think it could work well for Black, while giving him a focus in his promos.

As I mentioned in the other Black thread, he definitely has the talent, dedication and work ethic that seems to be rewarded more in WWE recently and I see no reason why he cannot join the ranks of the main roster like Sheamus, Miz, McIntyre, Swagger, Bourne and Nexus.

Any flack that comes his way for following his dream to reach to the top of the wrestling industry is just ridiculous.

Black deserves his shot at the big time.

Барбоса;2309423 said:
Tyler Black is a great in ring performer who can work various styles. Perhaps in FCW we could see him in a heel role, living up to Michael Cole's expectations that every ROH star like Danielson and Kaval that is popular amongst the IWC is uber-arrogant about having been the big fish in a small pond. I think it could work well for Black, while giving him a focus in his promos.

As I mentioned in the other Black thread, he definitely has the talent, dedication and work ethic that seems to be rewarded more in WWE recently and I see no reason why he cannot join the ranks of the main roster like Sheamus, Miz, McIntyre, Swagger, Bourne and Nexus.

Any flack that comes his way for following his dream to reach to the top of the wrestling industry is just ridiculous.

Black deserves his shot at the big time.

Come on. Just stop it. Just about everyone on the WWE roster is dedicated. It doesn't mean they'll make it to the top. The fact is that his promo skills are shit. I can imagine WWE putting him under the Hurricane Helms gimmick or something. He has a look but no mic skills to back it up whatsoever. Swagger, Sheamus, Miz, and Barrett can carry themselves on the mic. Tyler can't. You put Evan Bourne's name in that group but he's nothing more than a glorified jobber.

This is a big opportunity for the man but you ROH fans need to start looking deep and not to stop thinking that anyone that WWE picks up from ROH will translate to success. Last year this time, WWE signed McGuiness & Danielson to developmental deals and neither 1 of them are with WWE at the moment. There's like a 1 out of 20 chance that we'll see another CM Punk success story come out of ROH again. You guys are supposed to be smart fans so smarten up and realize WWE is just raiding ROH to keep their NXT show going and to buildup guys like Michael Cole as the "internet hater".

I would not wanna be Tyler Black for the next 6 weeks, he's already getting given shit. I'd hate to see what the douche-fans think about Tyler signing to the WWE. Once again this sort of confirms ROH's spot as the modern day ECW. TNA and the WWE just can't keep their hands off ROH guys, especially with Roderick Strong supposedly moving to TNA soon, I hope ROH doesn't end up as nothing but a glorified poaching ground. Good for Tyler, potentially bad for ROH.

Come on. Just stop it. Just about everyone on the WWE roster is dedicated. It doesn't mean they'll make it to the top. The fact is that his promo skills are shit. I can imagine WWE putting him under the Hurricane Helms gimmick or something. He has a look but no mic skills to back it up whatsoever. Swagger, Sheamus, Miz, and Barrett can carry themselves on the mic. Tyler can't. You put Evan Bourne's name in that group but he's nothing more than a glorified jobber.

This is a big opportunity for the man but you ROH fans need to start looking deep and not to stop thinking that anyone that WWE picks up from ROH will translate to success. Last year this time, WWE signed McGuiness & Danielson to developmental deals and neither 1 of them are with WWE at the moment. There's like a 1 out of 20 chance that we'll see another CM Punk success story come out of ROH again. You guys are supposed to be smart fans so smarten up and realize WWE is just raiding ROH to keep their NXT show going and to buildup guys like Michael Cole as the "internet hater".

Who said anything about Black automatically reaching the very top of WWE? All I said was that he has a good chance of getting a spot in the main roster. Something which you seem to agree is a possibility.

You also seem to think that Bourne being a glorified jobber is a bad thing for him... Bourne gets to entertain the fans on nearly every episode of the biggest wrestling show in the world. He recently got put over by Jericho at a PPV as well so I hardly see him as a failure. Someone like Black would be more than happy with a similar position. No one is expecting another CM Punk.

And yes WWE wanting talent for nXt is such a terrible thing too. Competitors from that show will never make it to the main event of a big show...

I'm not sure how Tyler Black is going to do in the WWE. He has the in ring skills, but his mic skills and persona aren't really all that strong. I think it's sae to say that the WWE put more emphasis on the latter two skills than the first. Guys like CM Punk are able to talk and wrestle, and Black as of right now can only just wrestle, which he is very good at.

I'm afraid I'm starting to sound like a Tyler Black hater, but I'm just the opposite. I'm a big fan of Black, but I'm not sure how he fits in WWE. Hopefully his time in development will help him improve on the mic.

As for the belt, I have no idea what I'd do with it. I would like Davey Richards to win it, mainly because I love me some Davey Richards. But with him supposedly retiting at the end of the year, I'm not sure if I'd want him doing a transitional reign. Christopher Daniels could be another option, but I'm not sure about that one either. I'm acyually leaning more towards Kevin Steen getting the belt somehow, not only because I like Steen but think of the crazy promos he would give. Oh, and Ladder Wars for the belt with El Generico.

I like Tyler Black, just because of his in ring skills, while I haven't seen much of him from what I have seen he is pretty good.The WWE would put him in the ring more and keep away from backstage stuff if he is poor on the mic at the moment and if so then he can improve.But it looks like the WWE have just come into another good in ring performer so good luck to him and I can't wait to see him on Smackdown or Raw.

Tyler Black is a very solid wrestler, I think he would fit in very nicely in the WWE, just as long as he is kept off of NXT, he needs to be called up to the main roster straight away, NXT is making jokes of wrestlers like Bryan Danielson, and to some degree, Kaval. Black needs to go straight to Smackdown!

I say shave him bald and stick him with the SES for a bit. I think having Punk as somewhat of a mentor would be good for Tyler, especially with promos. Tyler is a great writer and has a way with words, he just needs to work on his delivery. The SES would be a good way to introduce him to the WWE fans and then once it finally runs it's course, I don't think he'd have any problems holding his own.

As far as the next ROH champ, I think the direction that Kevin Steen is going right now would make for a great title run.

I agree about Tyler Black being a solid wrestler. He's one of the reasons I started watching ROH. I'm sad the WWE signed him because I'm worried they'll blow it somehow like Danielson or like TNA is right now with Nigel McGuinness. Only thing I been wondering is who is gonna be the one Tyler drops the belt to. Personally I would have liked to have seen him drop it to either Christopher Daniels or Davey Richards. But with the next PPV coming up and the main event hype being Tyler vs Roderick one more time, it looks like it's gonna be Roderick Strong. Personally, I would have liked Tyler to stay where he is, but I think he does have the ring skill to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back