WWE Signs Averno (Major Lucha Name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think it's a fine move. Sin Cara's pretty damn over as a face and the fans really seem to like him (he getting a tremendous reaction when I saw him live in April) so bringing in a rival lucha star makes sense. The reaction is there for Cara, but not necessarily the full move set. Even with smaller, more able guys like Primo, Chavo and Tyson Kidd, Cara's move set hasn't been able to be displayed at its fullest, so a new, fresh character who can have good matches with Cara and allow him to showcase his abilities in the ring. I can see them building to a match between the two at SummerSlam, where they'll have Cara more than likely go over. It would be in front of a large Latino community in L.A. and it'd also be a good platform for Cara to springboard off of.

Ok here's the deal. The reason there is such a focus for talent to work the wwe style compared to lucha and japanese strong style is because the wwe style does minimize injuries. People say the vince doesn't give a crap about the talent well he changed the type of wrestling they do because he values his talent enough not to want them to get hurt.

If any of you watched CMLL you would know that on a weekly basis someone leaves on a stretcher and not kayfabe they hurt legit. Sin Care should of spent more time in development. Now averno is being brought in to make him look good. Instead of fixing the problem they just making it worse.

I really like sin cara and have watched averno but honestly WWE is a lot more technically refined than CMLL and its a massive learning curve for these guys. Hope they adapt.

Depending on how competent Averno is on the mic, this signing could not only benefit him and Sin Cara but also Chavo Guerrero. I quite like his interaction with Sin Cara so far, even if the matches themselves have not paid off 100%. Chavo could easily introduce Averno to Smackdown as an opponent for Sin Cara, spouting that his man is better and more worthy of the crowd's approval

This is a great news. While I am not a big WWE fan this is the best signing in a long time by either top wrestling organisation. While we have seen Sin Cara struggle immensely with the WWE style most of us know Cara (Mistico) is a very talented performer. Averno and Mistico have put on some of the best Lucha Libre matches I have ever seen so seeing them do it in WWE will be epic as long as they are allowed to work the way they know how. I hope that Averno is not just being bought in to put Cara over but to actually build some kind of light weight division.

While TNA's X-Division struggles to have any stars WWE (who hates small guys) actually look like building a good divsion for light weights. Great News!!!

To clear everything up Averno is not a major star, he is in the same league as William Regal and Finlay as he is close to the top but never a major star mostly mid card. He's a good worker but he no Perro Aguayo.
If the WWE plays this out right they really could start doing what WCW did back in the day and have a legit cruiserweight divison and rape Mexico of all there talent. I would say more than 80% of all wrestlers in AAA and CMLL are not happy with pay or the direction of either of their company and would jump on a WWE offer.
Also I don't get this shit about Sin Cara talking or other wrestlers come in and don't talk. Fucking Rey was way over in WCW and he didn't talk for years. You don't need words for a good storyline, I just hope the WWE sees how big the cruiserweight divison in WCW was and how they could make it that much better.

If any of you watched CMLL you would know that on a weekly basis someone leaves on a stretcher and not kayfabe they hurt legit. Sin Care should of spent more time in development. Now averno is being brought in to make him look good. Instead of fixing the problem they just making it worse.
What a fucking mark, dude half of the time their so not hurt.

My thoughts exactly. In the not so distant past Sin Cara would have already been Future Endeavored. The fact that HHH and the talent people are making adjustments to suit Sin Cara's style shows they actually have long-term vision. It could just as easily be HHH's ego getting in the way and him not wanting his first big signing to fail, but I honestly hope it is the former.[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate to say this, I think this points to the more logical answer. WWE has put quite a bit of cashola and fanfare into the signing of Sin Cara, all with HHH's backing as "his guy". If he (Sin Cara) were to fail, then how does anyone in developmental or backstage take the Son-in-law seriously as an evaluator of talent? You'll hear "THIS is the guy who says I can't get a call up to the main roster?" or "THIS is the guy that says giving me a push isn't warranted?". More importantly, you'd have to wonder if Vince would think "THIS is the guy I put in charge of overhauling WWE's developmental?"... and don't think it CAN'T happen.

The pick up of Averno is a bad sign. Anytime you have to bring in a wrestler to make another wrestler on your roster look good, you're setting yourself up for future problems. As many posters have already said, WWE needs to be more concerned with getting Cara adapted to the WWE style as opposed to bringing in CMLL talent for him to work with and using ambient lighting during his matches to make them more presentable... because eventually he HAS to either adapt or be future endeavored. Let's be honest... Sin Cara's matches have been less the spectacular. He is as slow as Brodus Clay in the ring while executing these "flashy" moves... which is a byproduct of him possible overthinking the spots he's about to execute too much. It makes the process of building up to the coming move feel so awkward. How many times have his opponents had the "ok... waiting for the move" look in their body language?

The most logical answer to helping him adapt is sending him back down to FCW for a while... have him work on his execution and timing there, and then bring him back up to the main roster after about 6 months or so. However, because of all of the time and effort given to his initial push, this solution may not be feasible. If thats the case, why not have him work with Mysterio? Mysterio may be able to help him tremendously in his adaptation to the WWE style. They could possibly even make Rey a heel in this scenario to freshen up his character (long overdue)... I liked the Muta mist he used at Extreme Rules. Rey would definitely make for a higher profile feud with Cara (with benefits) than Averno could in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back