WWE Semi-Finals: Shawn Michaels vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Christian: Hell in the Cell

HBK vs. BBB vs. CC :HIAC

• Shawn Michaels

• Bam Bam Bigelow

• Christian Cage

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels vs. The Beast From The East Bam Bam Bigelow vs. the Instant Classic Christian Cage

The Following matchup takes place in Madison Square Garden, in New York City.

Hell in the Cell: A solid steel structure that is 20 feet high that engulfs both the ring and and area surrounding the ring. Once locked in, the cage remains locked until there is a winner. In a triple threat match, (WWE Style) the winner will be the first man to score a pinfall or submission.

Tought choice. I know who doesn't win it though. Bigelow. He'd be dominant throughout. But while he's got speed, he is still nowhere near as quick as the other two.

Both would pretty much be Bigelows punching bags. But HBK as a face has made a career out of making comebacks. Christian is good at it too. But he's been a heel for the majority of his carreer. He's a novice to the comeback game. HBK would wait for the right opertunity to superkick Bam Bam out the ring, he'd then pin Cage.

HBK is the only one who has been in this kind of match.Thus he is the only way who knows what to expect.Bam Bam would still be brute in the match,no doubt taking out TNA,s Captain Charaisma.It comes down to Bam Bam and HBK but HBK,s stanima pulls him thourgh

I think this match definately favours Shawn; anyone else remember the first hell in a cell match? And if I'm being completely honest, I don't think the other 2 would be a huge threat as it works against both of them. Experience is what will win this match, and Shawn has that.

Bigelow isn't built for this type of match, and as skillful as he is, wouldn't be able to get the better of Shawn or Cage. But at the same time, he will show some pretty good moves, but I think a Sweet Chin Music would keep him out towards the end.

Cage and Shawn in a Hiac would be pretty good actually, they're both good wrestlers, and they'd battle this out. I think in the end it would just be these 2, but Cage would have been beaten more by Bigelow and therefore makes Shawn's job a little easier and giving him the advantage.

Son of a beesting, I have to vote for Shawn over Bam Bam eventhough Bam Bam should have moved on alone.

As much as Shawn doesn't need the votes (it seems 75% of the people voting would vote for Shawn if it was terminally ill) I can' even trick myself into thinking he wouldn't go over in this one. Bam Bam plows through both of them and then a bloody Michaels beats Bigelow with Sweet Chin Music.

Shawn squeezed through the last round when I think he should have been eliminated(If Bret Hart can't beat Kane in a Sadistic Madness match, HBK shouldn't have beat Bigelow in a Tables match IMO). That being said, I voted for Michaels, the only obvious choice in this match, he got very lucky in the last round and now he has it easy in the semi-finals. Bam Bam will destroy both competitors for the majority of the match, but Cage and HBK will eventually double team him and it will be left between those two. HBK has the experience in HIAC matches and is overall better than Christian in most aspects. Shawn Michaels wins with a Sweet Chin Music on Cage in 23 minutes.

Well Christian might have had a chance against one of these two in a TLC match, but against both in a Hell in the Cell in as much as I love Christian theres no way on earth I can vote for him here. Christian is a great wrestler, but this one of the greatest ever, and one of the most dominant ever, in a match that doesn't really favour him more than the other two.

So with those two removed for the sake of the tournement I am voting for Shawn Michaels. Shawn Michaels is the complete package, wrestling ability, mic ability, selling, ring psycology practically anything you want in a wrestler. Bigelow is big, and he's dominant but this is a hell in the cell match, so although he has a slight advantge because of this with two opponents Bigelow is easier to wear down, and easy to hurt. Micheals has past experiance, and in my opinion is just simply a better wrestler. HBK goes through in a brutal match.

I don't think this is a really hard decision. HBK has competed in 3 HIAC matches. How many have Bigelow and Christian been in combined? 0. Two of Michaels matches were great (DX one was dumb) and I can see him winning in 30 minutes.

I want to switch my vote. For some reason I actually went with cc. Why I did this is beyond me, as shawn definately should win this. Bigelow is a monster and christian.....well he's what he is, but michaels is second to only a handful in history. In this match he runs around the entire cage, gets knocked halfway back to texas by bigelow, and gets hit with a few unprettiers, only to somehow superkick his way into the next round.

I'm voting Bam Bam, simply because I think he should have moved on in the last round, there is no way Shawn should have gone over Bam Bam in a tables match, not that he did but still. This is clearly going to go to Michaels.

Everybody loves Shawn Michaels (worst sitcom ever?). Everyone except me. That being said, I can't vote against him. No doubt, Bam Bam would kick the living shit out of him. He'd toss him around and leave him a bloody mess. Christian's just a non-factor, the poor bastard. Anyway, Michaels ultimately makes some sort of comeback and pins Christian while Bam Bam's too busy eating children in the audience or something.

I can see, after a 20 minute bloody war, Bigelow incapacitating Cage, then being kicked in the jaw with sweet chin music outta nowere. In a war such as this, you have to go with whomever is the best overall. And that is HBK.

I went the ego vs ego angle. I see Shawn and Christian getting into a "whose the better ladder performer" pissing match with Bigelow resting on the outside and picking his spots. Let HBK and CLB decimate each other, then a fresh Bigelow enters the fray and just flattens them both through tables for the eventual win.

I am fine with Michaels winning, but I had to explain my thought process in voting for another one of my SHW's.

Damn it Damn it. Why in the hell did Bigelow not win the tables matchup against Michaels. With Michaels gone it would have opened this thing up much more, but it's starting to look like HBK is going to win this thing again.

Christian Cage, congratulations, the move to TNA has helped your status out. Instead of being stuck in crappy mid card feuds and not having the WWE realize your talent, you took a chance, and a few of us numbnuts on the internet have decided that this year, your one of the top 17, so long because your not going any farther.

There would be an alliance with Bigelow and Cage, but as we all know, heel alliances only last as long as the other ones back isn't turned. They turn on each other, and Michaels captializes on the situation. HBK moves onto familiar territory, with a possible matchup with Benoit.

I went the ego vs ego angle. I see Shawn and Christian getting into a "whose the better ladder performer" pissing match with Bigelow resting on the outside and picking his spots. Let HBK and CLB decimate each other, then a fresh Bigelow enters the fray and just flattens them both through tables for the eventual win.

I am fine with Michaels winning, but I had to explain my thought process in voting for another one of my SHW's.

No offence, this match is a hell in a cell. Your logic applies mainly to a TLC match. Though in my opinion CC would win in a TLC match up. But in reality this is HIAC which greatly favors Shawn Micheals.

No offence, this match is a hell in a cell. Your logic applies mainly to a TLC match. Though in my opinion CC would win in a TLC match up. But in reality this is HIAC which greatly favors Shawn Micheals.

No offense taken, as you are absolutely right. I think I am reaching for a reason to support one of my SHW's, but to no avail. Bam Bam is great, but he doesn't go over in this match. And I am fine with it - for him to get this far and TIE HBK in a tables match shows him tremendous respect, and that's the goal.

Damn it Damn it. Why in the hell did Bigelow not win the tables matchup against Michaels. With Michaels gone it would have opened this thing up much more, but it's starting to look like HBK is going to win this thing again.

You can thank Norcal for that. He swooped in at the last second and single handedly ruined the tourny for me (no I won't let it go). That was the best chance of getting Michaels out of this thing and opening it wide up. In all honesty he should have lost that. I will never understand how people can actually say he's the best. He's lucky he's in my top ten.

I did vote for Shawn in this match though. I'd have to think of an extremely far fetched scenerio to vote against him.

Alright damnit, some things need to get straightened here. You guys, honestly is the kool aid that IC25 is serving really taste THAT good? Becuase everyone is gettin SHW DRUNK on this thing. seriously. Name me ONE THING that Bam Bam is superior to HBK in? Besides Strength, and size advantage? Which we all know, are things HBK has neeeeveeer overcome before right??

Honestly HBK losing to BAM BAM FUCKING BIGELOW??? look, I love Bam Bam as much as anyone, and respect how much of a unique, amazing talent he was, but you cant honestly tell me Bam Bam is even on the same echelon of superstar as HBK. Lets see. How many world title reighns has Bigelow had? how many classic Wrestlemania matches? Who has innovated the buisness, who is one of the most charismatic, athletic, consistenly quality guys more than HBK??? BAM BAM BIGELOW??? FUUUUCK no. Bigelows success, and resume, is no were even CLOSE to HBK, in anyway, on anyTHING. That tables match stip favored no one really. I would love to know how it did, and how its such a travesty Bigelow didnt go over. If that match was booked for this months PPV, can any of you honestly say Bigelow would go over HBK?? If EVER at ANY time would Bigelow go over HBK?? the answer is NO, unequivocably. And to say that Bigelow should go over HBK IN HIS PRIME is ridiculous. I can understand want the tourney wide open, I can totally understand that. But seriously, saying that Bigelow would ever be booked to go over Shawn, in anything, is crossing from reality into wishfull thinking.

Its not that we think Bam Bam is superior to HBK, but it was a match that favored him. Look at who went out strictly due to stipulations.

Bret Hart is superior to Kane anyway you look at it. But since the match title sounded like it fit Kane better, he routed Hart. HHH is gonna knock out Hogan simply because "he's better at gimmick matches." Finally, Angle has no chance of beating RVD because of an ultimate x match stipulation.

I want to know, why did Michaels get a free pass on a match that didn't fit him well three of the best all time got knocked out in "unfavorable" matches.

Kane should never beat hart, in any match ever, and I made a case for him in that. The other two make sense to me somehwhat.

Honestly, I dont think The tables match favors either guy really. And even if it does favor Bam, its not to the point were it would be enough for him to go over HBK. The only way it favors Bam is becuase he is stronger, and may have thrown micheals through a table. But does that really sound like something that would have Micheals losing during his prime to?? Not at all in my opinion. I could easily see Micheals dodging a charging Bam, having bam crash himself thru the table, or Bam attempting to moonsault onto Shawn laying prone on the table, Shawn moving, therefore leaving Bam to crash thru the table. There is no way I dont see shawn using his quickness and cunning to win that match, during his prime.

Shawn didnt get a free pass, he didnt even win. And I just said above, I dont think it favors either guy really, especially not to an extent that warrants Bam going over Shawn.
And I think the reason the others got knocked out, is becuase to some people (not myself) the other stips were MORE unfavourable to those guys, than the table match stip was towards shawn.

Honestly to me HBK would have won bigellow in a tables match. My reasoning for this is knowing bigelow would never go over HBK, in any match. I see bigellow had a nice advantage, and put michaels on the table, and then goes for a headbutt off the top, michaels moves away, and bigellow beats himself. In no way could i ever actually see the experience of michaels in his prime lose to bigellow. I agree some matches should have been lost for other wrestlers, but they won because of the stipulation, but norcal is absolutely right, when he states bigellow would not go over michaels, in a match that doesnt favor anyone. Not even the dudley boyz XD.

Honestly, I dont think The tables match favors either guy really. And even if it does favor Bam, its not to the point were it would be enough for him to go over HBK. The only way it favors Bam is becuase he is stronger, and may have thrown micheals through a table. But does that really sound like something that would have Micheals losing during his prime to?? Not at all in my opinion. I could easily see Micheals dodging a charging Bam, having bam crash himself thru the table, or Bam attempting to moonsault onto Shawn laying prone on the table, Shawn moving, therefore leaving Bam to crash thru the table. There is no way I dont see shawn using his quickness and cunning to win that match, during his prime.

Niether of those scenarios would result in a win for shawn micheals. The only way to win in a tables match is to use an offensive manuver to send an opponent through the table. The match doesn't end if a wrestler sends themself through the table.

Ugh, your not undertsanding the point. Micheals would fins a way thru cunning and speed to go over Bam in a realistaclly booked match. He would cath Bam on the ropes, and hip toss him off, or something. I also Posted a scenario that fits your rules, in the actual thread on that match. And im not even totally sure if that really IS the only way to win a table match. Not the point really. The point is Bam Bam Bigelow could never beat Shawn Micheals in anything besides a "who has more tattoos on their head" contest. Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back