• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Roster Cuts, Should Be Released, and "Future Endeavored" Discussion

To be honest, there aint much that doesn't surprise me about the WWE these days. But this? This puts me right on my ass cuz I never saw it coming one bit. I mean sure, Maria sucks ass in the ring and she isn't the prettiest diva out there, but they were pushing the shit out of her Celebrity Apprentice appearance. The only thing that I can think of is that they are trying to completely purge themselves from the former "R" rated or "PG-13" content that they had and wanted to get rid of the very last diva to grace the pages of Playboy magazine. I guess it doesn't pay to show your pussy for your company anymore.

Hopefully, with the WWE moving towards a different type of diva, TNA will snatch her up. Maria still has connections and is still hot in Hollywood and with Playboy. TNA needs to get some of their Zombie hot ladies (hint hint) in the pages of Playboy here soon and use that to get into the mainstream more. Whether or not that happens will be up to Maria and what he post WWE plans are. But I can still be hopeful.

Maria hasn't done anything of note, well ever. She's hot, but she's disposable, and the WWE clearly thinks this way. Look at people like Gail Kym or Maryse, this is the direction of the Diva in the WWE, and Maria just never got the in ring portion of it down, and that's saying a lot considering the considerable low standards for Diva wrestling in the WWE.

She'll be gobbled up by TNA in 90 days.

I had heard a while back that when celebrity apprentice airs, Maria cannot be featured on any other programs. Thus, she would have been written off TV anyway. An official release makes it known that she can't appear on TV. I would think there's still a definite possibly that she gets signed back when she gets kicked off apprentice, making a surprise return and being exciting for about a day and a half. She doesn't bring a ton to WWE programming, but she has a following and that's important. Plus, she just started a story with Matt Hardy, who, unless he has told management he wants to leave to be with his friends, would benefit from having her around.

And so continues the PlayBoy curse. first Hemme, then Candice, then Ashley, then and now Maria. Oh Tiffany?

yeah, i've said the same that every time someone is in playboy they get released shortly after.. you forgot Chyna, Sable and Torrie Wilson.. and also Maryse has done playboy, so will she also be next along with Tiffany :)

i was never a big fan of Maria, even though she was terrible in the ring, i thought she would be ok as a valet... but his does come as a huge surprise

I'm guessing Maria asked for her release and has some other projects coming up. As others said, she was diva of the year, she'll get huge MSM attention with her appearance on "The Apprentice". And she's one of the more popular divas. I think we may not see her in any pro wrestling company for a while. When her other projects don't work, she'll come back.

Maria has no love for wrestling. She was a model who just happened to try out for a show that is on television. She was in it for exposure, if not she would have put the time and effort into the art of wrestling. So there is 0% chance she will be going to TNA.

Her ditzy character who flashed great intelligence was brilliant, though. Non-coincidently she looked beautful at this time, and not an anorexic broomstick like she does currently. Her career could have been amazing, but just floated around in disappointment. I never bought into the Santino relationship. It eventually just became an angle for nothing more than promoting playboy. If she was teamed with her bf at the time, Punk, that would have been more believable that Santino. Since then her stint in the E has been "pretty" unmemorable.

So Maria, say hello to Stacy Keibler on the C-list. And keep VH1 on your cell, when need a celebrity to judge Tool Academy 7.

Yay, more of my favorite midcard guys are getting released. Damn it. I wish Burchill had found something better than the pirate gimmick, then the I-slept-with-my-sister gimmick that never went through (thankfully), then the generic mean-English-guy gimmick. Definitely wish he had been featured more often. I wasn't a huge fan of Helms. I liked him best when he was a heel and not doing the Hurricane gimmick. But I still liked both of these guys more than most of the boring mid-carders of today(*cough* Cody and Ted *cough*).

Maria? Well I've been waiting a few years now for her release. I'm surprised it happened, as by now I thought she'd never fucking leave.

I'm just waiting for the day they release Masters again. If I wasn't such a huge mark for him then I would have just given up on WWE by now. I'm also starting to get scared for MVP. The guy needs to get as far away from Mark Henry as possible, and make his character interesting again, like it was before the stupid losing streak angle. The last one I'm worried about is Carlito. He is never on TV and has a horrible reputation, at least as far as internet sites are reporting. WWE has shown in the past that they for some reason have a desire to keep him around to do nothing for weeks though, so I'm less expecting his release then some others.

Kind of long. sorry please bear with me.

So far, all of the releases that have came today do not shock me. Helms, Burchill, and Maria... As far as Maria goes, sure she is one hot diva, but she has never really done anything in wwe and was awful in the ring. With all of her other projects going on and being off tv for so long, this was no suprise. They have no need to keep her around.

With Burchill, there is no denying that he is good in the ring, but does anyone honestly care about him or even really know who he is. He was on ecw forever with nothing to do. He had a small feud going on with Helms but that was about it. He was pretty good on the mic as well and although he could make a descent mid card heel, no one cares about him. He will never be a draw for anything and would definately never be a champion.

I was most dissapointed to see Helms get released, but no shocker here. With the recent run in with the law that was made public and way overblown, he already had some heat on him. He was great in the ring but the hurricane gimmick was going to go no where. He was a lot better as gregory helms but then he suffered a sever neck injury. He came back and was put on ecw as the hurricane and had nothing to do since. I dont know if he was just limited in the ring when he came back or if his neck injury had something to do with it, but he did not seem like the same in ring preformer that he once was. Being on ecw and using the stupid hurricane gimmick really hurt him. No disrespect to his in ring work because he was good, but no one cared about him and his was never going to go anywhere with the hurricane gimmick being on ecw with no good opponents to face. He will most likely end up in TNA with shannon morre and hardy, and hopefully they will use him properly and make him relevent again. Although I wont be watching though because i dont really watch tna.

Im sure there are more releases coming. Here is who I can see getting released, or at least who i feel the wwe needs to release because they are a waste of time. hornswoggle: That should be all i have to say but anyways, he should have probably been the first to be released, but since wwe is pg and geared towards kids he probably wont even be released. He is a waste of time and serves no purpose. He should not be taking up valuable air time on raw that gets taking away form other superstars. Mark Henry: enough is enough. This guy cant run or wrestle and is a complete waste of time. No one wants to see him wrestle, especially when he is just losing to smaller guy that just is not believable. He is just holding MVP back and pretty much still in wwe because they do not know what to do with mvp so they decide to stick him with henry to form another tag team because they really only have aobut 2 real tag teams in that terrible division. Chavo Guerrero: This is one that probably also will not happen, but what was the last relevent thing he has done besides emberass himself with hornswoglle for like a month. He is good in the ring and underutilized but again, no one cares about him and wants to see him in a match if they have nothing good for him and no one good enough to wrestle him. He has been around for too long with nothing to do. Goldust: Why did the wwe even bring him back? The goldust character was never even really good or worked in the first place so why they decided to bring him back on tv confuses me. I know he is a veteran and can somewhat wrestle, but honestly who cares. But since his brother is in a big angle and his dad runs fcw the wwe decided to give him a job and i doubt he will be released. No one wants to see goldust wrestle anyone period. Primo: Again, good talent in the ring and somewhat exciting to watch in the ring but nothing too amazing. He has no character or personality, and is given no time at all to talk. When he was brought in, all they said was he was carlito's brother and that was it. Another wast of time that no one cares about or wants to see. Abraham Washington and Tony Atlas: These guys dont even wrestler and have the worst talk show segment in wwe history thats a complete wast of time and money. Charlie Hass: The last good and entertaining thing he did was when he immitated other wrestlers for like a month straight. He is boring and no one cares about him as well. He is descent in the ring but will go nowhere and has nothing to do. Jimmy Wang Yang: another good athlete but his gimmick is awful and with no cruserweight division this guy is alway going to have pointless matches that no one cares about. Mike Knox: Pretty big guy with scary look and lots of power but has never done anything in the wwe. No one has cared about this guy since day one. He only wrestles on superstars (just about every episode) and since no one watches that show, the do not care. They have tried to push him and it is just not goin to work. No one watches superstars anyways so just get rid of him. The Great Khali (and that sinjh dude that his manager) Sure he is a huge guy and interesting to look at when he is walking into the ring, but if there is one person that i have seen that can not wrestle at all it is this guy. I mean his finishing move is a slap to the face! come on seriously? He cant speak english and hes been dancing around with matt hardy for the last month. He cant do anything in the ring so why is he even there. Vladimer Kozlov: This guy is crap period. WWE has tried to push and push him but he has never gotten over. He squashed nobodies on smackdown, no one cared and that didnt work but was somehow put into an elimination chamber match?, went to ecw where he squashed nobodies and no one still cared and that didnt work. If it hasnt worked for the last 2 years, its not going to work get rid of him. Kane: He is probably one of the most under rated and poorly utilized wreslers in wwe history. He has the size, technique, and character to be a star. Unfortunately, he was poorly used. When he first debut, he was awesome then, wwe slowly ruined his character. They made him talk and demasked him which proved to be his biggest downfall. He has had only 1 championship reign if you can even call it that. Quit putting him in the mitb match at mania and in pointless matches against the ic champion or rey mysterio. If you are not going to give him a serious storyline, then he is pointless. He is just there because he is a big man who can wrestle but he serves no purpose now and that is a dissapointment. Time to get rid of him. Matt Hardy: Although I was once big on him and a fan of his. After his feud with Jeff that ended in him breaking his hand, he has really went downhill. He is really out of shape and has not put on a good match in months. He does not have the same in ring ability he once had and has never been that good on the mic. What happened to him. He had a pretty good feud with mvp on smackdown and even got the win over jeff at mania. He was on the right track and somehow started to drastically decline. He serves no point now and no one wants to see him dance and jump around with Khali. Go ahead and get rid of him so he can join tna with his brother and maybe have something good for him to do for a while or at least disguise the fact that he is just not that good anymore.
Other guys who should be released who are self explanatory include Slam Master J, Kung Fu Naki, and Tyler Reks

The WWE has always released a number of superstars each year and some of them have been pretty good wrestlers with lot of talent who just dont have anything for them to do. One thing I really wish they would do is bring back a light heavyweight. cruserweight division. This would help guys like helms, chavo, charlie hass, jimmy wang yang, primo, chavo (guys who i think will be released) and guys like evan bourne, carlito, and even mysterio. (guys who i hope dont get released) These guys, with the exception of mysterio, never have anything good for them to do because they are given no time. All the time is focused on the mid carders and main eventers. These guys are given pointless matches that no one cares about. And im sorry, i dont care how good mysterio is, it is just not believable to me that he can beat guys like batista and the undertaker. He would have excellent matches if there was a cruserweight division. Also, take a guy like bourne, he has tremendous talent but is barely being used. He was destined to be ecw champ then got hurt, went to raw and guy lost in the shuffle and has had nothing to do sense. The wwe really need to utilize the talent of these guys and bring back division like that and a championship so that these guys can showcase their talent and have something to do that is actually interesting. Give them air time and feuds that will actually make their matches interesting. The cruserweight division was really the only reason i watched wcw when it was around and i miss when wwe had the light heavyweight and cruserweight divisions. They are different matches and they can utilize their talents better that way. That is why wwe have released and let go soo many good talent over the years because they dont have a spot for them or anything to do with them. Guys like london and kendrick, shannon moore, etc. (please dont tell me that they are in tna and to watch tna. i know that and i just dont watch tna) I really wish they would get their heads out of their asses and realize that there are either styles of wrestling and wrestlers like they have had in the past. In wwe's mind, you have to do it their way or you are not good enough and are gone. If you cant make it to the top or your not like hhh, batista, cena and you sit around to long then they give up on you. WWE please bring back the light heavyweight/cruserweight division so you can utilize these talented wrestlers instead of giving up on them and wishin your future endeavors on them.

I never understood why WWE releases superstars with a somewhat decent crowd reaction (Helms and Burchill) and keep people like Slam Master J and Primo who barely get a reaction and seem to be average in the ring. Helms is a great cruiserweight and what I've heard Burchill can do he's prety good himself so hopefully they go onto bigger and better things.

Does anyone else think Helms' arrest may have been a factor in his release?? It apparently got publicity from TMZ and this would have reflected bad on WWE; this however shows favouritism in my eyes as I believe Helms was suspended for a while, however Jericho go nothing even though he was with Helms

Stand back, there's a pink slip coming through! Guess I'm not too surprised to hear about Helms. You'd have to be a veteran main eventer to get away with what happened to him (just ask Jericho, our new WHC). Guess I'll see you on Spike in about 90 days, Helms.

Although the writing was on the wall, I'm really disappointed they let Burchill go. I'd always been a fan of his, even when he had that ridiculous pirate gimmick (though the rope swinging entrance was a guilty pleasure of mine). When he first came to Raw, the guy was on a tear and seemed on his way to an intercontinental title win, but they trade him out for Santino, effectively ending his push. If they would've kept pushing him and really let him run with his Ripper gimmick, he could've been something. Instead, he becomes a jobber on Raw, gets sent to ECW, and the rest is history. Maybe the proposed incest angle wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all.

Although Maria is my least favorite person on this list, her release is by far the most shocking. Though she's done next to nothing her entire career, and possessed in-ring skill that made me look like Kurt Angle by comparison, she was insanely over. She always got great pops and the fans even voted her Diva of the Year (for some reason). Plus she was getting the WWE some attention with her involvement in The Apprentice, which they kept pushing each week AND was just starting something with Matt Hardy. She must've asked for her release or something, because I really can't see the WWE up and firing her like this.

It was reported recently that wwe has released diva, Maria. This comes as a suprise to me seeing as they seemed to building to something with Matt Hardy.

I am really confused by this and was wondering if anyone saw this coming, what do you see for Matt now. It seemed quite out of the blue; Maria being Diva of the year, her role on celebrity apprentice...

What do you think?

The fact that she was released leads me to believe that she's going to be one of the first eliminated from the celebrity apprentice. I just can't imagine that WWE would release someone (no matter who it is) right before they are about to appear in a recurring role on a major network show.

Now I'm probably going to get some flack for this but...WWE Divas are all cookie cutter. It's very simple to replace anyone. Losing Maria will not hurt WWE in the least. Face it, divas are eye candy. Sure some can wrestle...decently...but they are NOT a draw.

From what I've seen in interview, Maria seems like a great person. I'm sure she'll be doing a lot of different things now.

Maria addressed this on her twitter and it's just a rumor... at least based on what she said

Actually I'm just an idiot ignore that. Someone brought it up to her earlier and she said it was a rumor.

THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!

I am a huge, huge fan of The Hurricane. I loved the gimmick, and Gregory Helms was really good. He was over as The Hurricane! Why the fuck did they bury him? And now instead of sending him to Smackdown to have curtainjerking matches that pump up the crowd, they fire him! And yet they keep people like Slam Master J! Ugh! This is bullshit, pure bullshit. I am so angry right now.

As for Paul Burchill and Maria, I don't care much. I liked Burchill as a pirate, but as himself he wasn't that interesting. Hopefully this means Katie Lea will become a contender in the women's division.

I'm very confused too I thought it was a program with her and matt hardy. Now what for Matt team with Great Khali every week. Out of the three superstars and Diva released today I was surprised and shocked that Maria was released just out of the blue.

She wasn't released out of the blue. She gave an interview awhile back talking about how she didn't really see herself being in the WWE for much longer, how she had other plans and aspirations. There's probably a link to the article somewhere in the main site's archive's.

It's not a very big loss. I mean, for the most part, she's been a second-tier Diva for quite some time now.

Sure she's hot, but we already got we wanted out her, that being pictures of her tits.

Not only had her abilities as an in-ring performer plateaued, they were already back on the decline!

Huh... you know, I never thought Maria and Matt Hardy would have enough in common to actually date... until I wrote that last line.

Honestly, why is this a big deal for anyone? She hasn't been interesting since she wrapped up her program with Santino. Oh, but they were going somewhere with her and Matt Hardy?! Who cares? The only way that angle could have gotten interesting is if she cheated on him with Shannon Moore or The Great Khali got her pregnant.

Maria- I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of surprised by this one. Yeah, Maria was pretty terrible in the ring, but I thought WWE was going some where with potential the relationship storyline between her and Matt Hardy. The WWE fans voted her Diva of the year, and she always seemed to get some pretty nice pops on her way to the ring. She seemed to be popular, so I'm kind of surprised by this one.

Gregory Helms- I'm not surprised about this one at all. Once I learned ECW was coming to an end, I knew he was going to get the boot sooner or later. I always liked The Hurricane character, but Gregory Helms was pretty boring. His feud with Burchill on ECW was pretty good, but once that ended, what was he going to do next? There was never going to be any room for him on Smackdown or Raw. Plus the whole incident with Jericho probably didn't help things either.

Paul Burchill- Seriously, who couldn't see this one coming? Burchill was entertaining as The Pirate but as The Ripper, he really didn't bring anything to the table.In fact, the only reason why I was interested in him as The Ripper, was because I like Katie Lea so much.

Fairly suprised about Maria, being that she had JUST started a new program with Matt Hardy last week. If that doesn't strike some as odd, I don't know what you are thinking, im fairly shocked myself.

Hurricane, not so suprising. Some will say he did himself in with the arrests, and being in further legal trouble after that, and having the character of a super baby face super hero. Can't have that, lulz.

Burchill, not suprising either, at all. He hadn't been used in any sort of serious way in ages, and lost a loser leaves town match.

All three are likely on to greener pastures (well...maybe not Maria) in TNA, so if you are fans of them, no worries.

What could be in the future for these three? Maria being released suprised me the most as she's pretty over with the fans and people like her, but the other two come as no shock. With Shane's arrest it became inevitable that at some point he'd be gone from the WWE and Paul really had no future after ECW shut down. I can see Shane and Paul going to TNA though, Maria perhaps not but she'll probably end up as a reality star. What does everyone else think?

I seen something before that Helms wanted to leave WWE to go to TNA. So his release doesn't surprise me, I can't remember the last time I seen Burchill on t.v.. Not surprised about Maria either she said before she was looking forward to life outside of WWE.

Burchil, I could care less about, I never liked him, or could get into his matches. There was just something about him, I found slow and boring.

Maria, as every one else has said, no big loss nor is it a surprise. She had no interest in wrestling just ha a case of right spot at the right time.

Helms. Now this is the one I'm spewing about. Helms has been a favourite of mine ever since I met him. they fucked him up buy putting him back into the Hurricane gimmick. Him as the CW champion a few years back was awesome. he had a lot of talent. Lets hope he goes to TNA to use it.

Burchil, I could care less about, I never liked him, or could get into his matches. There was just something about him, I found slow and boring.

Maria, as every one else has said, no big loss nor is it a surprise. She had no interest in wrestling just ha a case of right spot at the right time.

Helms. Now this is the one I'm spewing about. Helms has been a favourite of mine ever since I met him. they fucked him up buy putting him back into the Hurricane gimmick. Him as the CW champion a few years back was awesome. he had a lot of talent. Lets hope he goes to TNA to use it.

I couldn't have said the part on Helms better myself. Now here's the thing: I don't see Maria being gone too long. The "release" sounds like trying to keep kayfabe to avoid a "Bobby Lashley-TNA" incident. Remember, Trump made a deal with the celebs that they had to stay off-screen as long as they were on HIS show.

Now I'm going to have to disagree with you on Burchill. I found him to be cold, cruel, and calculating in the ring with a sense of being methodical. I do suppose it'd be hard to get into one of those matches when you look at TNA's X-division (pre 2008 :banghead:) BUT Burchill's style happens to be very similar to William Regal and RANDY ORTON and Finlay. But I'll assume you're not a fan of those 3 either aye?

So.... Maria, Helms, and Burchill have all been future endeavored? I'm honestly not too surprised by any of these releases. Helms was doing well as the Hurricane although he was probably never going to be as big of a name as he was back when he held the Cruiserweight Championship for over a year. Burchill was only good as the pirate, he's been awful for nearly 3 years. Maria was in Playboy and WWE is now PG.... it's a miracle she lasted as long as she did, plus she was arguably the worst in the ring out of the female roster. Helms is probably the only one of these releases that I'll miss because the Hurricane was a cool character and I liked him as himself too, but Burchill sucked and Maria can easily be replaced.

I am not surprised any of these people got canned. The Pirate may have been a good wrestler (at least some people seem to think so), but he was going nowhere, fast. He was as much a Sunday-Night-Heat level performer as they have. Helms was done. He had been done for a while. He will show up in TNA and be a good addition to the X Division. This guy was just another example as to why the WWE should have a damn Cruiserweight division.

To tell you the truth, I was more surprised that Maria won Diva of the Year than I was that she was fired. I mean, why did she get that award? Kelly Kelly, Melina, Mickie, McCool, and Phoenix were all better nominees, even though I don't care about womens wrestling. I'm not only surprised she won, but also that she wasn't released a year ago.

I think more cuts are coming, and here are some nominees I would like to see go: Tyler Reks, Vance Archer, Abraham Washington, Mike Knox, Jimmy Wang Yang (yes, he can perform, but he is going NOWHERE), and Charlie Haas (unless they decide to make he and Benjamin a contending tag team again). None of these guys, as of now, are going anywhere. Just wasted paychecks, sorry to say.

I see names like Big Dick Johnson, Kung Fu Naki, and Slam Master J are still on the active roster list(s). Why? Do these guys do ANYTHING for the company anymore? Do they even see the ring? Are they getting paid? If they are getting paid...they shouldn't be.

Two bigger names I would like to see gone are Vladimir Kozlov and Matt Hardy. Kozlov hasn't done anything big in quite some time, and they ended his winning streak farrrrr too early. He's just not going anywhere. Matt Hardy has been on a steady decline since 2006. He really needs a change of scenery, and hopefully he can make a good run in TNA.

Matt Hardy: When I wrote this, I forgot/did not know about Matt Hardy having a rookie on NXT. So he'll be around for awhile yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back