WWE Roadblock: WWE Tag Team Championship - New Day (c) VS. Sheamus & Wade Barrett

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
A fourth match has been announced for the Roadblock special airing on the WWE Network this Saturday in which the New Day defend the tag titles against League of Nations members Sheamus and Wade Barrett.

It seems like a bit of an odd match up in that both teams are heels, which gives me the notion that WWE is planning a babyface turn for New Day. The tag team of Sheamus & Barrett is one that I'd have been excited for about a year ago but not so much now with the almost certainty that Wade Barrett will be leaving WWE this summer, if reports that he doesn't intend to re-sign once his current deal expires are true.

I'm also thinking that this is setting up some sort of six man tag match for the two groups at WrestleMania in which the titles will be on the line. After all, New Day has been using the Freebird Rule as champions, so the notion of them defending the titles in a six man bout is certainly possible.

At any rate, I've little doubt they retain the titles this Saturday as it's just too unlikely for any titles to change hands this close to WrestleMania.

The LON aren't over enough to justify them facing The New Day at Mania. Though that seems the plan.

Have a tag turmoil match and then TND can build some babyface momentum by overcoming teams like The Dudleyz, Sheamus/Del Rio, etc on the way to losing to, I dunno, Strowman and Wyatt.

I'm very critical of short term title reigns, but sometimes there's a logic to it.

No doubt that the New Day will be working as babyface in the match, whether they book the match as such or not. A title loss to the League of Nations might just cement them as babyfaces in a remaining buildup to a rematch at WrestleMania.

Aside from that, part of me hopes that this is a last ditch effort by WWE to endear themselves to Wade Barrett. Put a tag title belt on him heading into a high profile match at WrestleMania. I doubt it'll work, but who knows.

Regarding the Freebird rule, has New Day actually been defending as such? I've only regularly been watching the PPV's, and I don't recall a title defense that actually included Xavier Woods.

As Roadblock is just 3 weeks away from Wrestlemania 32, I don't see Sheamus and Barrett winning the titles here because New Day is gonna lose the titles at Wrestlemania.

Maybe its a screwy finish after the left LoN mates interfere in the match. Or i can see Woods being the factor in New Day's win.

I am ok with titles defended at Wrestlemania with Freebird rule as it would be an unique experience.

I would be surprised if its a clean win for New Day.

:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back