• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE ripping off TNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwrestling

Getting Noticed By Management
Everyone says that TNA rips off WWE with Abyss looking like Kane (even though Abyss is much better than Kane [no offense, Kane is a great wrestler, but Abyss is still better]) and the X division shirts. But, I have a question, isn't WWE ripping off TNA? Think about it. WWE comes out with Umaga the undefeated samoan bulldozer. Doesn't that sound a lot like the undefeated samoan submission machine? Umaga is a cheap knockoff of Samoa Joe. Now WWE is coming out with Cryme Tyme? This team is exactly like LAX only instead of being hispanic, they're black.

Have you ever even seen an Abyss hardcore match? Abyss is going to go down as one of the best hardcore wrestlers of all time.

Just because there's only two people in cryme tyme doesn't mean that they're not copying them.

Umaga not speaking english makes him nothing like Joe? Come on. That's like me saying that Abyss is nothing like Kane because he doesn't talk and Kane does, or because Abyss does a black hole slam instead of a tombstone. It's ridiculous. Umaga is a HUUUUUUGE ripoff of Joe. Everyone else on this forum with a brain will agree with me about that.

Cryme Tyme doesn't act different. I've seen their videos. They have that white guy talking in slang as the narrator and they attack white people and steal from them. That's exactly what LAX is. They attack white people, only they attack wrestlers that are white (since TNA actually pushes wrestlers instead of no namers).

I said Abyss is a copy of Kane. I admit it when there's something wrong with TNA, unlike you not admitting when there's something wrong with WWE.

I watch Raw and I know that Umaga is the same exact thing as Joe character wise, only he can't wrestle nearly as good as Joe. Maybe you should get your facts straight, because I do still watch WWE sometimes and I know more about their wrestlers than you'll ever know. I know all about what Umaga's character is. Heck, I was there the night the man debuted. So just stop getting so defensive when I speak my mind about WWE not putting out their best show when half of your fellow WWE friends say the same thing.

:icon_wink:
iamwrestling said:
Cryme Tyme doesn't act different. I've seen their videos. They have that white guy talking in slang as the narrator and they attack white people and steal from them. That's exactly what LAX is. They attack white people, only they attack wrestlers that are white (since TNA actually pushes wrestlers instead of no namers).
Well you don't KNOW that the narrator is white. You don't see him ;) They are a joke. They're just there for comic relief. Like the Highlanders. LAX isn't there as a joke. They are more like a politicle thing. Where Cryme Tyme is a joke. I think you're making too big of a deal about things.

DeathIsARight said:
Uggh. Not even worth my time!
Just a way of saying you're wrong.

As for Cryme Tyme. I came on here to see if they were ripoffs of LAX, and people are telling me they're just a joke. I didn't think of them as a joke, but if there's three people telling me I'm wrong on something I'm unsure of then I guess I was wrong. See, I admit my wrongs unlike you.

No, but the post he was talking about was LAX. As far as Umaga goes, think about it "The Samoan Wrecking Machine" "The Samoan Bulldozer" "The Undefeated Samoan Bulldozer" Are you saying that that is nothing like "The undefeated Samoan Submission Machine"?

And I said originally that Abyss is a copy of Kane. I never disputed that. All I said was that Abyss is better in the ring.

iamwrestling said:
And I said originally that Abyss is a copy of Kane. I never disputed that. All I said was that Abyss is better in the ring.

I said 3 when I should have said 2. Abyss is smaller BTW.

DeathIsARight said:
Different gimmick dear. I have seen both of them, Umaga and Samoa Joe are nothing alike other than those names and the fact they are both Samoan. I judge based on gimmicks, they are different. Look closer and more than once.

Now how old are you?
On gimmicks? The top part of their gimmicks is that they are undefeated!!! Do you not realize that? And I thought you weren't going to respond to me anymore because you "had it" Just couldn't help yourself coud you kiddy?

I won't take anything away from Kane aside from the fact that he has no actual ability. He can sell, he can brawl, and he can pull off a couple moves, but nothing major.

Abyss, however, was known in independent federations for being a big man with skill, and it still shows in his TNA matches. You don't see men his size doing german suplexes, belly to back suplexes, fishermans suplex, DDT's, even quite a few submission holds. Again, Kane is a great entertainer, and I love him to death, but calling him a Kane ripoff simply because he wears a mask and is a big monster is absurd. EVERY big guy is booked as a monster. Big Show, Undertaker, Kane, Andre, Abyss, Nash...they all were booked to be big powerful guys. Just because Abyss wears a mask doesn't make him a rip off...

However, I both agree and disagree with the Cryme Tyme/LAX thing. While yes, LAX is a serious style tag team, has it occured to you that Cryme Tyme could be Vince's way of ribbing LAX? Making fun of them? I can see that in a way.

DeathIsARight, I can agree with a lot of your views. I think the pointless bickering over which company is better is stupid. They sell to different markets (wrestling fans/sports entertainment fans) and I won't act big and mighty and say I'm better, but I think you are missing a few things. You do have a tendency to seem upper airy about everything. Like your opinions are better than everyone elses. Not only that, But nine times out of ten, TNA fans aren't the ones starting anything. We will start a topic or a debate, and some idiot will come on saying "WWE will buy TNA cause TNA sucks" and some other horseshit. I can't say we are completely innocent, but we are tired of it happening as well. I mean, look at how many threads were started in teh past two months by TNA bashers for no reason whatsoever. You don't see many of the TNA guys going over to the WWE forums and ruining every thread with "WWE sucks and you guys are gay lololololzzzz" like we get here.

I'll take that as a sign that you have nothing to defend your argument. Now, I'm going to let you say what you want, and unlike you I'm going to actually not respond to whatever it is you have to say. So go ahead and say what you want, but I won't be reading it or replying to it.

Wow, you know I have been reading back and forth both of your comments and for both of you to have as much knowledge and apparently as much love that both of you have for that sport cant both of you agree that both of you can have your own opinoins about the different characters that the WWE and TNA produce. I truly believe that as intellegent as both of you are and I've shared a couple of conversations with both of you that both of you can agree to be disagreeable on some things and not resort to calling each other names. If I overstepped my boundaries, I'm sorry I just have alot respect for both of you guys to see you argue about a subject that I dont think is a easy subject to have a winner

sevastra said:
I won't take anything away from Kane aside from the fact that he has no actual ability. He can sell, he can brawl, and he can pull off a couple moves, but nothing major.

Abyss, however, was known in independent federations for being a big man with skill, and it still shows in his TNA matches. You don't see men his size doing german suplexes, belly to back suplexes, fishermans suplex, DDT's, even quite a few submission holds. Again, Kane is a great entertainer, and I love him to death, but calling him a Kane ripoff simply because he wears a mask and is a big monster is absurd. EVERY big guy is booked as a monster. Big Show, Undertaker, Kane, Andre, Abyss, Nash...they all were booked to be big powerful guys. Just because Abyss wears a mask doesn't make him a rip off...

However, I both agree and disagree with the Cryme Tyme/LAX thing. While yes, LAX is a serious style tag team, has it occured to you that Cryme Tyme could be Vince's way of ribbing LAX? Making fun of them? I can see that in a way.

DeathIsARight, I can agree with a lot of your views. I think the pointless bickering over which company is better is stupid. They sell to different markets (wrestling fans/sports entertainment fans) and I won't act big and mighty and say I'm better, but I think you are missing a few things. You do have a tendency to seem upper airy about everything. Like your opinions are better than everyone elses. Not only that, But nine times out of ten, TNA fans aren't the ones starting anything. We will start a topic or a debate, and some idiot will come on saying "WWE will buy TNA cause TNA sucks" and some other horseshit. I can't say we are completely innocent, but we are tired of it happening as well. I mean, look at how many threads were started in teh past two months by TNA bashers for no reason whatsoever. You don't see many of the TNA guys going over to the WWE forums and ruining every thread with "WWE sucks and you guys are gay lololololzzzz" like we get here.

I never said WWE was better in this thread.

actually joe would really be a rip off of any samoan wrestler in the wwe like the rock,fatu,safu,rikishi and even kamala but just for the charater,cuz hes really black

To be honest I can see why people would make connections between Kane/Abyss, Joe/Jamal and LAX/Cryme Tyme. That does not mean that the WWE has actually ripped them off. Jamal is hugely like Joe, different Gimmick? They are both Samoan Monsters that are unbeaten, there are small differences. Abyss is how Kane should have been used by the WWE, I wont comment on the Cryme Tyme stuff, because I havent watch a RAW in ages, and havent seen them. What I am trying to say is, that in Wrestling, or any other Sport/Television Programme, if one programme that is competing with something that appeals to the same kind of poeple is donig something good (Like Joe) then the other Programme would be stupid not to take advantage of it in some way.

DeathIsARight said:
Umaga isn't like Joe because Joe speaks english and Umaga has a different attitude and doesn't speak english, not to mention a different wrestling style, also Cryme Tyme is a joke, a comedy act and is only two people as LAX is 3 and is in no way a joke. No WWE is not ripping you off.

FYI, Kane is about ten time better than Abyss, Abyss is just a cheap knock off and a joke.
Abyss is a joke, He is a carbon copy of Kane. ANybody can see that.

Sorry bro kane blows Abyss's balls when thair hot and sweaty. Abyss is the man and has been 4 years he is faster then kane just as strong and is more hardcore. 10,000 tak match, ok they are both have mask's so did Mankind and I think Abyss is more like him then Kane. The story behind abyss is mork like mankind then Kane, And abyss has been wrestling 4 years in (Puerto Rico) as the same guy with mask and all. and saying Abyss and Kane are Carbon Copys is like saying all Luchadors are all the same and even shark boy is a copy of Rey Jr come on its not the same and Abyss is 10,000 tak's better then Kane.

I like LAX & don't know about Cryme Tyme yet but to say they are alike is ridiculous Cryme Tyme hasn't even wrestled yet, if anything they remind me of a black version of Les Guerrero's.

Umaga & Joe are different, Umaga is a wild Samoan that doesn't speak English & needs Armando to keep him under control, Joe is a Samoan very adverse in submission & technical wrestling. both athletic big Samoans, who cares if Umaga's undefeated so is The Miz I'll call'm a ripoff when he's been undefeated over a year holding gold & main eventing a ppv. Samoa Joe's not undefeated just unpinned/submitted cause he did loose the X-Division Title.

DeathIsARight said:
Abyss is smaller BTW.

Not by much though, I've been around both. Most of these guys are not as tall as the are listed.

And Abyss got his character during his time in Mexico before going to TNA. He started out in the Cincinnati area as Prince Justice and no mask.

DeathIsARight said:
Abyss is a joke, He is a carbon copy of Kane. ANybody can see that.

HELLLO!! Cryme Tyme act different! Watch their skits to see them before you shoot off!

With a brain? Too easy. I look at Umaga's gimmick and Joes and see that Umaga acts different, wrestles different and is just plain different! If you actually watched raw you would see that!

Ummm actually I think Abyss is more of a rip off of Mankind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back