• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wwe retry the Two-Man Power Trip

punk is gold

Occasional Pre-Show
Most of us know about the alliance that Stone Cold and Triple H formed shortly after Wrestlemania X-7 but due to The Game's unfortunate injury we never got to see where this compelling storyline was going.I think the Wwe should rehash this idea because with the proper wrestlers and writing it could be one of the most entertaing storylines we've seen in a while,I'm thinking a heel Edge and Christian could work,possibly a Miz and Morrison reunion in the future,or even Randy Orton and John Cena(if he ever turns heel or even becomes a tweener) but do you people think this could work?

Problem with the "power trip" part of it is that we need two big powerful stars to work it properly, two dominant stars which was Triple H and Stone Cold.

Batista and John Cena could've done it for example, if there was any need to put back the tag team, but I don't think there is, sure it had potential, but I don't see the reason to try and redo a storyline that revolved around one of the biggest stars of the company, and a guy on the rise, to replace that with two completely different people wouldn't work very well.

Besides, Edge and Christian has already been together as a heel, and they wouldn't work because of the fact that they're not a "power trip" team, neither would Miz and Morrison.

The only people I could see in this storyline would be John Cena, Sheamus and Triple H because they're the only big power trips of WWE currently, and they all 3 have different alignments, so at least that storyline won't happen anytime soon if it was ever to happen.

None of the people you named would work except for Orton and Cena. The other guys were tag teams and the two man power trip was about two enemies coming together to take over the company. Of course for it to work it would have to be cena and Orton, but I really hope they don't do it any time soon or at all. Cena and Orton are both on huge roles right now on their own and running this angle would take away from the face turn that orton is going through right now. As for Cena turning heel, keep dreaming. Only way that happens is if Orton or someone else grabs the reigns and starts making more money than John Cena. Besides if they do that everyone is going to shit on it because they aren't a "real tag team", well that won't really effect the storyline or whether they should run it or not. I just don't want to hear it.

So no I don't think this would work and I don't think it should be rehashed.

I agree that Miz and Morrison are a little small for the role but I still think Edge and Christian could pull this off.

Recreating stables or using old ideas is never a good idea. However, I am willing to consider it.

So, it has to be to megastars. Previously, I would have said Batista and Randy Orton. Although they were in Evolution together, they have never had a close, tag-team relationship. I guess you could see we have already seen it before with Rated-RKO. The team was a bit before my time but looking back, Orton and Edge were perfect together. They looked like the 'Power Trip'. Especially when they beat the hell out of DX with steel chairs.

Currently the main eventers are diverse characters and are more independent. There are no main eventers who could work convincingly together, apart from Edge/Jericho but that already happened. The 'Power Trip' worked because it was The Corporation, a huge stable, which brought SCSA and Triple H together. At the moment I can't see it working with anyone. Years in the future, though, how about Barrett/McIntyre. They are both going to be massive main event heels and it has been shown to work in FCW.

Like I said though, revisiting stable and tag team concepts in wrestling is usually a bad idea. They can get stale quickly. The recent incarnation of DX worked well because it was in a form never seen before. I would rather see WWE Creative invest their time in creating new angles and stables.

The 'Power Trip' worked because it was The Corporation, a huge stable, which brought SCSA and Triple H together.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this team had anything to do with the corporation. The Corporation was in 98/99 and was with The Rock and the Undertaker. SCSA and Triple H didn't happen until around 2001 I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this team had anything to do with the corporation. The Corporation was in 98/99 and was with The Rock and the Undertaker. SCSA and Triple H didn't happen until around 2001 I believe.

I stand corrected. It was another large, Mr. McMahon headed stable, the McMahon-Helmsey Faction which kind of brought them together. I was pretty sure that McMahon was involved in some way but the Attitude era is before my time.
I feel my point is still valid. A large stable brought them together, but in the current WWE, there aren't any large stables.

It's impossible to me. No stars could do it. Orton and Cena just don't make a team to me. And, Cena couldn't work as a heel. Batista and Orton might could pull it off, but Dave's left the company now, so I doubt that it'll ever happen. If it does, it might be in about 10 years and end up like WWE Superstars, when cats and dogs can make babies and gay marriage is forever banned.

Ive always liked to see a Two-Man Power Trip with Triple H and Sheamus together. Its very well known in the online community that these two work out and are real-life friends. I think once Triple H realized that HBK was going to retire Triple H set to find a new friend he could trust, and he found it in Sheamus.

A TMPT with these 2 would cover several things: 1) Triple H heel turn 2) shock 3) has a ring of real-life feel because the 2 are real friends.

Id love to see it happen.

Part of the reason the power trip worked was that Austin had sided with Vince and obviously HHH was on his side anyway, so the power trip worked in the sense that they could have had creative control in the storyline sense.
Nowadays, the closest may have been rated RKO with a GM Vickie on side.
I think though WWE should move forward from doing this, Austin, at this stage, was bigger than anyone WWE has at the moment and HHH had become a big time player. Cena is huge, and they have Orton as mentioned, but having been done before it would feel too forced. When Austin and HHH did it we were in disbelief, trying to recreate it wouldn't be as special.

If they did I would like to see Rated RKO again as it cause Edge is tryin his best to recruit Orton. Edge said if he didn't join him he would destroy him, I agree w/ Edge about that. When Edge was pleain w/ him I was hopin for the re-teamin cause they could rule the WWE for awhile and create more history look what it did for DX.

The idea of reusing the Two-Man Power Trip is tempting, but there is no one on the roster of WWE that could pull it off successfully, as was stated multiple times before. Triple H doesn't seem like he'll be getting many feuds going, with his injuries, and we all know the Deadman is in the same situation (also he's already in a "tag team"). So those are two huge main eventers out of the bag.

Randy Orton and John Cena were repeated multiple times -- though I'd like to see them in a tag team just because you know there will be issues between the two of them in working together, I just don't think they'd be able to pull of that "power trip" part of the deal. When Triple H and Steve Austin teamed up, they both had notable feuds with other tag teams, which the WWE is severely lacking at this point.

Basic point is that the Two-Man Power Trip is never going to reoccur, simply because of the fact the WWE is growing new Superstars and the Tag Team division is being given the blind eye for now. Until McMahon decides to create more stable and (decently) permanent tag teams, we're just going to go through the random team up process (i.e. ShowMiz, R-Truth and Morrison, etc), and sadly, I don't think we'll be getting anything solid for some time.

Besides, why recreate something that has already happened? If you just remake the Two-Man Power Trip, it won't have as much effect as the original. Don't rework something after the first time. Don't believe me? Look at the multiple remakes of the Montreal Screwjob that McMahon has been throwing out there. No one really cares for the remakes anymore.

I would love to see this storyline happen. Altho its re-hashing an old storyline I think it would work because we never got to see it play out. I dont like the idea of miz and morrison or edge and christian tho. I think the hhh and sheamus or edge and sheamus could pull it off beautifully. And personally both are realistic to me because edge and sheamus are both heels. And hhh sheamus could work because with hhh being out you can have him come back and say that he respects sheamus' toughness and forms an alliance with him. Either way this storyline needs to happen

I think Santino and Kozlov can do a pretty good job at it. Santino is actually very good in the ring and Kozlov is a strong force to be reckoned with. They'd probably just be pretty much mocking the original Two Man Power Trip though.

If you're talking seriously, I don't think it should happen at all. I hate the recycling of storylines, especially huge ones. Let's keep things original here.

If I MUST pick a tandem duo so I don't get spammed, I say HHH and Jericho. They have really great chemistry together and are both two of the top stars in the entire industry.
HHH is at his best as a heel, and Jericho wants to stay heel for a while longer. Jericho has the ego, and HHH has the pull.

The main reason it worked before besides being the two top heels they were aligned with Vince. They could do what ever they wanted because they had the boss in their back pocket. I don't see anything similar to that happening anytime soon. Both GM's are currently baby faces and I don't think there's two heels at the level that could pull it off.

However the current angle with Drew McIntyre being the chosen one could be similar depending how far they go with it. I think were going to have to settle for the one man power trip for the time being.

However the current angle with Drew McIntyre being the chosen one could be similar depending how far they go with it. I think were going to have to settle for the one man power trip for the time being.

With that said, I would also say that adding Ziggler with McIntyre would work as well. Ziggler is currently hitting up the "cougar" which gives him more power while Drew McIntyre is in with Vince.

Plus, the two are very hated and could pull off excellent chemistry with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back