• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE releases Finlay over House Show Incident

Richard

Mid-Card Championship Winner
From the WZ main page..

PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has released Dave "Fit" Finlay, who has been working behind the scenes in WWE as a top Agent/Producer. The report notes that Finlay was fired because at a recent WWE house show event, The Miz was scripted to interrupt the National Anthem, and members of the National Guard were reportedly in attendance for the show. Because The National Guard is a major WWE sponsor, Finlay was fired and essentially made the scapegoat.

Thoughts? Was it wise to release Finlay because of this?

I think it wasn't really the best thing to do, someone could have explained to them that it was merely for storyline purposes and not meant to come off as offensive.

I just realised there's another thread for this, my bad.

It was dumb but I wouldn't be surprised to see them rehire him before his 90 days are up (assuming he is signed to a regular contract) like they did with Bryan Danielson.

At a house show Drew McIntyre did a very similar thing and told the national guard that just because they are the military doesn't mean he has to respect them because they aren't his military. Pretty stupid that Finlay got the short end of the stick on this. He's great with the guys in the back from what I read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back