WWE Region, Wellington Subregion, Second Round: (3) Shawn Michaels vs. (19) Sheamus

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Shawn Michaels

• Sheamus

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Wellington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the TSB Bank Arena in Wellington, New Zealand.

2332973.jpg

Shawn_Michaels_at_WrestleMania_XXIV.jpg

#3. Shawn Michaels

Vs.

sheamus_bio.png

#19. Sheamus

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume that all wrestlers are at full strength after their first round matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Can't believe I'm the first to post in this....

Anyway, many know my feelings on HBK. He's a deplorable human being who was selfish, egotistical and thought he was God's gift to pro wrestling. He wasn't. He could have great matches, but his drawing power wasn't as good as many want you to believe. He also lost a TON of big matches in his career. Even being called Mr. Wrestlemania, HBK is only 6-10 in those matches, including a loss to Tatanka.

That being said, he won't lose to Sheamus, even if HHH tells him to lay down one good time.

HBK moves on, but not much further.

Sheamus is pretty damn underrated in this tournament. Say what you will about HHH pulling strings to get him to the top, it doesn't change the fact that Sheamus is one of the biggest stars from the PG Era and that he has a staggering amount of accomplishments for a span of four and a bit years at the top.

That being said though, Shawn Michaels is one of the most decorated guys in the modern era of professional era, and his credentials outweigh Sheamus's credentials both in and outside of their respective primes, at least at the moment. HBK also has multiple victories against wrestlers like Sheamus, both in the physique and credential department.

It's actually a very tight match due to Sheamus being underseeded, but Shawn Michaels has enough in the tank to snatch a victory and move on.

The only argument I see in favor of Sheamus would be him grabbing a microphone and boring Shawn into a coma (not that Shawn was much better).

However, Sheamus can go. He has a motor that never stops and can be rather brutal when he needs to be. But, Shawn has made a career out of beating those you wouldn't believe he could. Sheamus would stomp Shawn out for most of this match, but as you would expect from Shawn, he mounts a late comeback and puts Sheamus out with a superkick to that big, ugly Irish mug.

Since Sheamus has turned into a babyface a truly became a superstar, you can count on one hand how many times he's lost. He's that strong a competitor. I've always said that Shawn is vastly overrated in these things and we need to do the right thing and vote him out when he's overmatched.

He's overmatched.

Shawn will bump around for Sheamus but in the end, he goes down. This goes for either era Shawn too as the babyface HBK of the 2000's lost to guys like Angle and Jericho while Shawn's first run is mostly heel stuff so a fair one on one with no DX or Diesel would result in a loss for him as well. Shawn's done.

Shawn Michaels earned his reputation more for his great matches than actually winning matches. HBK was going to look good win or lose and that's all that mattered. However, he wouldn't have become the star he did if he always lost and Sheamus is the type of guy Michaels would beat before losing to a bigger name. This would have been a great match to watch if Sheamus arrived to WWE a little earlier. HBK moves on after some sweet chin music.

Not sure if Michaels will make it much father than the next round, but Sheamus is not quite in HBK's league yet. This would be a great match, but Shawn will lose to a much bigger name than Sheamus. HBK wins this one with the superkick, and moves to the next round.

Michaels is one of the most talented competitors ever to step into a ring. I have no doubt that he would be able to have a really good match with Sheamus (who I've never really 'got'), and I'm very confident he would come away with the win.

Michaels was well known for being an ass in his younger days but that should have no affect on anyone's vote here. Shawn is better in the ring, better on the mic, has had many more classic matches and feuds , and a bigger resume (although Sheamus has achieved a hell of a lot in how fairly short career so far). I have to give this vote to the Showstopper

Shawn Michaels will forever be overrated in this tournament, but he's better than Sheamus. Sheamus is a jack of all wrestling trades, but a master of none. Michaels has at least consistently delivered in ring product. I think Michaels would win probably, but his career is not much better than Sheamus'.

Shawn Michaels will forever be overrated in this tournament, but he's better than Sheamus. Sheamus is a jack of all wrestling trades, but a master of none. Michaels has at least consistently delivered in ring product. I think Michaels would win probably, but his career is not much better than Sheamus'.
Meh I don't know about overrated now, he's underrated as a draw imo. He turned WWE around in 1995-1996 when they were losing money. He was no austin, or Rock, Hogan. But when Hart and Nash and others were losing money for WWE. HBK turn the company around and might have saved them at WWE's lowest point. And he did it against guy who weren't exactly drawing huge. Sid, Vader, and Bulldog weren't that big and Michaels helped turn it around when things weren't great.

Winner- HBK with a superkick out of nowhere

Interesting match, I would definitely like to see it, but Sheamus isn't at alll at HBK's level. While Sheamus two biggest accomplishments are beating Cena for the WWE in his first ever WWE championship match and beating DB in 18 seconds, HBK has a great career full of memorable moments.

HBK goes to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back