WWE Region, Philadelphia Subregion, First Round: (3) Undertaker vs. (30) Don Muraco

Who wins this match?

• Undertaker

• Don Muraco

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Philadelphia Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

six_wells_fargo_center_ext_300.jpg

undertaker5.jpg

#3. Undertaker

Vs.

don_moraco_full.jpg

#30. Don Muraco

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Taker takes this. Muraco just simply isn't in Taker's league. We all know what Taker as accomplished, who he's feuded with, who he's beaten, the angles he's been involved in and the moments he's been a part of.

Nothing said about Don Muraco can even begin to touch Taker's legacy and star power.

Muraco was a big, strong bastard, but not on the same level as Undertaker. The Undertaker has lost his fair share of matches at events not called WrestleMania, but in his prime, wouldn't lose to someone like Muraco, especially in the first round of a tournament like that.

Taker moves on, with ease.

Undertaker holds several victories over the likes of Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, and so forth, so a heavyweight like Muraco won't be out of Taker's league.

Conversely, Muraco never made his name by taking down near 7-footers.

The Deadman will take everything Muraco has to throw at him and still sail through to round 2.

Chokeslam at 10 minutes.

'Taker, arguably the greatest big man of all time vs another big man in Don Muraco.

'Taker has defeated every big man that he's ever faced and a lot of them were pretty big deals in the business. He's beaten Kamala, Giant Gonzalez, Yokozuna, King Mabel, Papa Shango, Kane, Nash, Big Show, Great Khali, King Kong Bundy, and on and on.

This isn't even close. 'Taker wins this one easily.

An easy draw here for Undertaker. Muraco was a mid-carder throughout his career in the big leagues, while Undertaker in his prime was a headliner and a main eventer. If this was a gimmick match, it's one I could see Undertaker losing, but that's the only way. In a standard one-on-one match, Undertaker ends this with a piledriver and moves on pretty easily.

I won't waste much time on this, but Undertaker's legacy and those he's beaten, both for titles and not, have been legendary, and unsurpassed by perhaps anyone. Muraco's biggest claim to fame is his steel cage win over Jimmy Snuka, who happens to be Undertaker's first Wrestlemania opponent. Muraco was a great heel, and the "Magnificent One" was an inspiration for several wrestlers such as Mick Foley, but he simply wasn't in Undertaker's league, as a wrestler or legacy-wise. Taker moves on in under 10 minutes here.

Muraco was an awesome heel, a fantastic in ring performer, with multiple midcard titles under his belt, among them being the intercontinental championship, and could work the stick effectively also. I won't deny it, I was a big mark for the 'Magnificent Muraco" during his heyday. In spite of my love for Muracos' work in his prime, there is absolutely NO WAY he can beat the Undertaker. Mr. Callaway is quite possibley the greatest superheavyweight to ever lace up the boots, a consummate professional, and would never, EVER be booked to lose to a guy who, as talented as he was, never fully achieved the main event. Undertaker wins here.

Muraco was indeed a greet heel, and a great in ring performer. He isn't in Taker's league though. Taker is the best big man in history, and has beaten absolutely everyone. Undertaker wins this one easily.

Don Muraco is a guy who belongs in a tournament like this. He was a decent mid carder, and the man who brought the name The Rock to wrestling, and he had a few classic matches. He doesn't belong in the second round though, because he's not got anything particularly remarkable.

The fact that he's against The Undertaker compounds it. There are very few wrestlers who have had the longevity of the dead man, and fewer still that have done as much in that time. An easy win, this.

Don is being slightly undervalued here, the guy he beat twice for the IC Belt was Pedro Morales who held the WWWF World Title Belt for 3 years (his single reign amounts to 31 days less than John Cena's 10 reigns together) and he retained said belt in matches against Bob Backlund who holds the second longest reign in the history of the WWe Belt. He also overcame both Morales and the Iron Shiek in one night to become the original KotR...

Having said that, Taker has beaten Hogan, Austin, Rock, Foley, Triple H... pretty much everyone that has rolled through the WWF/e in the last 23 years. As such Don is outclassed here and shall RiP.

Don Muraco was awesome. He was a great heel and had a solid IC title run. Feuds with Jimmy Snuka, Ricky Steamboat, and Bob Backlund were awesome in the 80s. We've seen plenty of cocky heels but this guy once ate a sandwich in the ring while wrestling a jobber. That's pretty awesome. Muraco was ahead of his time with the comedy skits he did on TNT with Fuji Vice and Fuji General among others. He was also the original Rock. I think Muraco deserves more credit around here.

Oh by the way, Undertaker obviously wins. He's had a legendary career and has beaten plenty of people like Muraco and better over the years.

Muraco is fine. I've never been the biggest fan but he's a decent upper midcard heel. I'd place him in a similar standing to like.. I dno weird comparison but someone like RVD. Works midcard, can be elevated to main event whenever you need someone. He never won a major world title (early ECW doesn't really count) but that was a tough, tough era to win a championship. He had enough main event feuds to consider his career a success.

Look, Undertaker's up there with the best ever. He's great against big men as previously mentioned, he has a really good win/loss record and has been relevant in the main event for over 20 years in the biggest promotion ever. I do struggle to define his peak - I think it was probably 2007-2009. Even though he was ageing by then he was like, IMPOSSIBLE to beat clean. Just impossible. Struggling to find names that did - Hardy, Angle, Khali. Not too many others.

Anyway I'll save my Undertaker support for a future round, I don't see how anyone could argue that voting Muraco is a good idea.

Undertaker must surely be one of the favourites for this tournament, he is one of the all time greats, and certainly the best super-heavyweight the business has ever seen.

He has done it all, and beaten pretty much everyone in the last 20 years. Don Muraco is definitely worthy of a spot in this tournament, but he isnt on the level of The Deadman.

Undertaker to win this after 10 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back