WWE Region, Los Angeles Subregion, Second Round: (4) El Santo vs. (13) Mil Mascaras

Who Wins This Match?

• El Santo

• Mil Mascaras

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, California

260px-StaplesCenter051209.jpg

06.jpg

#4. El Santo

Vs.

milmasca.jpg

#13. Mil Mascaras

This match takes place 1 week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

El Santo is really the Mexican Hulk Hogan. I wouldn't vote against Hulk, not voting against Santo.

When you look at their careers overall, Santo is an icon, a film and wrestling superstar and a god in his native mexico.

Santo to Advance.

Aieee... Tough one. Or at least it could be. The basic fact is this, Mil Mascaras, whilst overwhelmingly obvious is the bridesmaid and not the bride when it comes to drawing in Mexico. Mascaras probably had more exposure abroad, but in southern California, there should be sufficient population that would know and admire Santo. Ultimately then, Santo should win this, but this is like having Undertaker vs Hulk Hogan or something. Huge match, Santo wins.

Ay dios mios!

This is a tough one. Mascaras is a guy who just went into the WWE HOF, and is a lucha legend. His name is one of the names that comes to mind when I think of Mexican legends. The only knock against him was he sometimes refused to sell and put people over.

Santo however, as its been said, was sort of like the Mexican Hogan. He was larger than life. He never lost a Luchas de Apuestas, he was in movies, and comics, and is a folk icon. He may very well be the greatest luchador ever. Santo will get the edge here

I'm surprised more people knowledgeable about Mexican wrestling haven't spoken up. I'm going with El Santo for one reason and one reason alone, he was my pick to advance from this round.

El Santo by DQ.

Here we have two of the biggest names ever in Mexican wrestling. How do I choose between the two without much knowledge of Mexican wrestling? It seems that El Santo was the first major star in Mexico and still has a lasting legacy over 25 years after his death. El Santo may have been an originator but I think Mascares took what El Santo started and took it to the next level. Mascares was a little bigger and stronger and was still an innovator of a lot of high flying luchador moves. To my knowledge Mascares was more well traveled too. He was huge in Mexico but also made a big name for himself in the states. It's a coin toss but I vote Mascares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back