WWE Region, Los Angeles Subregion, First Round: (12) Jushin Liger vs. (21)Ron Simmons

Who Wins This Match?

• Jushin Thunder Liger

• Ron Simmons

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, California

260px-StaplesCenter051209.jpg

Justin_Thunder_Liger.jpg

#12. Jushin Liger

Vs.

4123270.jpg

#21. Ron Simmons

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Jushin Liger has some serious talent but Ron Simmons is just a flat out beast. Simmons catches him with one big move and its over.

Simmons for sure!!!!

I have no real clue on who Jushin Liger is. I've seen the avatar for him around the forums here but I never really have seen the mans work and his accomplishments. On the other hand, I am fully aware of Ron Simmons and what he has done for Professional Wrestling. If I recall correctly, he was the first Black World Champion. And he was an absolutely powerful man for his size. I don't want to vote yet, not until I can get some compelling points for Liger against the WWE Hall of Famer.

Jushin Liger is probably THE cruiserweight of cruiserweights. He's held every light heavyweight, cruiserweight or middleweight championship that has any degree of meaning. Liger has a lot of technical ability but is certainly best known for his fast, high flying offense. He's the creator of the Shooting Star Press and also has a lot of fun, high impact moves.

Ron Simmons was just a pure, no nonsense physical powerhouse. Nothing particularly fancy or flashy about him but, then again, who needs flashy when you had his kind of strength. Simmons' offense in the ring was pretty basic but he was also an athletic powerhouse. He wasn't the slow, clunky & awkward muscle head like we've seen with guys like Rob Terry or Ezekiel Jackson or Mason Ryan. The fact that he's the first officially recognized African American wrestler to win a World Championship is an impressive feat.

As for the match, I see Liger pulling out a surprise victory. Liger won't just blow through someone like Ron Simmons as if he's nothing, no matter what Liger marks might say. Simmons would most definitely make Liger earn his pay and would probably control much of the match by keeping Liger on the ground and countering much of his offense with his far superior strength. Liger will take some hard hitting, high impact moves from Simmons and will certainly be tossed around. By the time it's all said and done, however, Simmons will make a big mistake that'll cost him, or Liger will catching by surprise with a roll up or with some quick high impact finisher, like a brainbuster maybe, and score the win.

As for the match, I see Liger pulling out a surprise victory. Liger won't just blow through someone like Ron Simmons as if he's nothing, no matter what Liger marks might say. Simmons would most definitely make Liger earn his pay and would probably control much of the match by keeping Liger on the ground and countering much of his offense with his far superior strength. Liger will take some hard hitting, high impact moves from Simmons and will certainly be tossed around. By the time it's all said and done, however, Simmons will make a big mistake that'll cost him, or Liger will catching by surprise with a roll up or with some quick high impact finisher, like a brainbuster maybe, and score the win.

Jack-Hammer is 100% correct here. Simmons will beat the hell of out Liger in this match. When it comes down to it, however, Liger has the quickness and agility to make Simmons miss one of those power moves and plenty of weapons in his arsenal to keep Simmons down for 3. Liger's strength is underrated, so a Liger Bomb or a Brainbuster could be a possibility, but I'm thinking a Shooting Star Press after a rolling Liger kick will move Jushin on to the next round.

Liger is a guy who I only know of through tapes and videos. I wish I could have seen what he did live, it was amazing. I am a big Ron Simmons mark, a truly amazing talent in his own right.

I am going to have to give the edge to Liger, though Simmons is a guy who should advance past the first round. Sometimes the luck of the draw reallys screws you over.

I'm with Jack-Hammer, it would be a hard fought match that Simmons would beat Liger hard for a solid ten or twelve minutes before Liger pulls it out

I know Ron Simmons was a world champion, but I honestly don't think he was ever that good. Liger is so exciting to watch and his theme tune is wonderful. I know I haven't written much, but I just think that there isn't much to say. You can't really compare them, and Simmons gets kudos for being the first black champion etc. while Liger gets points for being so influential. I think this is one where you just pick your favourite, so I went Liger.

I think the significance of Liger in history is too much for a first round elimination. Liger would work around his bigger opponent, probably win with a rollup or something like that, but I dont doubt that he would win.

This match is hard to call; both of these men had loads of accomplishments and accolates to their name that both are worthy of a Hall of Fame career.

I'm leaning towards Simmons on this on, just for the power game. Liger has the speed advantage, but Simmons isn't a slouch either. I'm wondering since this is the WWE region that they'd book Liger over Simmons. Yeah Simmons was blackballed from the Nation of Domination and replaced with The Rock, but that's because The Rock is the fucking Rock.

I don't see Liger being able to put Simmons down; the man beat Vader for the WCW championship, I think he can handle Jushin Liger.

Simmons is perhaps the greatest black wrestler ever.
Liger is perhaps the best Japanese wrestler ever.
In the end, Liger takes this one.
The man was the Cena of New Japan in his prime, if not better.
Not to mention Liger is more agile than Ron.
Vote Jushin Thunder.

When was exactly was Ron's prime? Was it the five months he reigned as WCW champion? I suppose so. I don't want to take anything away from him but Simmons was mostly a tag team wrestler or midcard wrestler, not that there's anything wrong with that. He's remembered for being the first black world champion and because of that I think people remember him for being better than he was. Liger was one of the most influential wrestlers of his generation and is widely considered to be among the greatest (if not the greatest) crusierweight of all time. Liger wins this.

I will be quite honest. I have not seen much of Ligers work. I know how good he is, but I also know that he is a Cruiserweight/Junior-Heavyweight. If I also recall correctly, it is uncommon in Japan for guys to wrestle out of the weight class.

Did Liger have any experience vs. Powerhouse heavyweight wrestlers? Did he have success? I want to say Liger, but if he has never faced a guy that is anything like Ron Simmons then I think Simmons would take it.

I love Jushin Liger and if this is based on legacy, I'd say he goes over easy... but, Liger is a cruiser or middleweight while Simmons is a former WHC. Anytime Liger has faced the Heavyweight Champion he has fallen short. No50 with the powerslam and pinfall.

I'm going with Simmons. He's a beast who's Finisher as Farooq will keep Liger down. I enjoyed Liger's time in WCW, but I didn't see him beating any tough big men. Mr. APA gets it done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back