WWE Region, Argentina Subregion, Second Round: (2) Undertaker vs. (15) Eddie Guerrero

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Undertaker

• Eddie Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Buenos Aires Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Luna Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Luna_Park-por-jorge.jpg

The%20Undertaker%281%29.jpg

#2. Undertaker

Vs.

eddieguerrerobio.jpg

#15. Eddie Guerrero

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Great match up...

For me, I'm going to go with Taker. In the WWE region, he is pretty much unbeatable. Eddie Guerrero was a fine wrestling talent who will rate amongst the best talents in history. But the Undertaker is damn near at the top of that list. And when you consider his record in the big matches (WrestleMania etc), how can you go with anyone other than The Undertaker at this point. Like I said, Eddie was a great talent and would make this a competitive match. But the spirit of The Undertaker would win through here. He's beaten far better than Eddie Guerrero and would so so again.

Yeah, I think this one is pretty straight forward. Guerrero was a popular wrestler who died young shortly after his short glory run. He is to be respected, but in terms of accomplishment and longevity he is absolutely nowhere near The Undertaker.

Eddie was a very good wrestler, great even. The end of his career arguably being his prime.

Undertaker wrestled for longer, and honestly, basically his entire career is his prime. Eddie is the good team who is playing a team who just happens to be better. Would be a very fun match to watch, but Undertaker would win emphatically after 18 minutes.

Have to go with 'Taker here.

Eddie was awesome and one of my favorites, however, he was a cruiserweight for the majority of his career and honestly, if it wasn't for Goldberg, Eddie would have never won the WWE Championship. WOW, though, come to think about it, Eddie did something that 'Taker never did. He beat Brock Lesnar!!!! Although that's an amazing feat, Eddie's career pales in comparison to 'Taker's.

Vote 'Taker.

Lying cheating & stealing will only get you an ass whooping from The Undertaker. As much as I enjoyed Eddie throughout his career (his WCW matches were a big reason why I kept watching), he would not make it past Taker here. It is The Undertaker's yard....Eddie just mows it .

Eddie was a good talent, great even but he was a midcarder for the majority of his career before finally getting his deserved chance in the main event and seizing it with both hands. Unfortunately, we'll never know how long he would have remained at the top of the card due to his tragic passing.

But 'Taker on the other hand has been a top star for a quarter of a century. Multi-time World Champion, multi-time Tag Team Champion, Royal Rumble winner and we all know about the streak. He's beaten everyone- from Hogan to Austin, from Michaels to Angle, from Punk to Foley. He's been around so long, and is universally respected.

Eddie would put up a good fight, he always did...but 'Taker would chokeslam him to hell, and then finish off Latino Heat with the Tombstone to advance.

UNDERTAKER! *Clap clap clapclap clap*
Eddie Guerrero is a legend (though I feel the play up to how great is was is only amplified by his passing). He can try to lie, cheat & steal his way to a win against the Deadman...however at the end of the day it's Eddie who will rest in peace (sorry). A swift chokeslam, followed by the Tombstone Piledriver gives the Undertaker the relatively simple win into the next round.

Eddie was entertaining in his brief peak, but this is the Undertaker. i think he takes this pretty easy

Dead Man vs. Dead Man. Ba dum, tss.

It's already been beaten into the ground. Taker isn't a top echelon guy but he's certainly higher up than Eddie. Multiple Mania main events, World titles. Eddie just never got to that level.

Eddie was a great talent,but he coming up against the phenom,he gonna get the machismo beat out his ass. Taker will walk this one a few syphathy votes eddie may get but he never had a patch on taker.

Next....

People have to realize how great Mark Callaway was: He took a cheesy, crappy gimmick and took it to heights that almost nobody can reach. It is the equivalent of a short-order cook taking a filthy, greasy spoon in a back alley and turning into a Three-Star Michelin Restaurant with 5 AAA Rosettes thrown in for good measure. As great as Eddie Guerrero was, and the great comeback from drug addiction commands anyone's respect, he was just no match for the Dead Man.

People have to realize how great Mark Callaway was: He took a cheesy, crappy gimmick and took it to heights that almost nobody can reach. It is the equivalent of a short-order cook taking a filthy, greasy spoon in a back alley and turning into a Three-Star Michelin Restaurant with 5 AAA Rosettes thrown in for good measure. As great as Eddie Guerrero was, and the great comeback from drug addiction commands anyone's respect, he was just no match for the Dead Man.

That's exactly true. The Undertaker gimmick was no better than so many other of the silly 1990s gimmicks that WWE gave to so many of their performers- on paper it looks pretty ridiculous and you'd have expected it to have a pretty short lifespan but Calaway's talent turned it into something extremely special, keeping the gimmick going for a quarter of a century and commanding nothing but respect from fellow performers and the fans.

Had the gimmick been given to a lesser performer, it would have died within a few years, so it shows what a great performer Calaway is. He was able to adapt with the times, alter the persona numerous times and remain a megastar. That takes unbelievable talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back