• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE PPVs

TJucker

Dark Match Jobber
Ok, so the purpose of this thread is to see which PPVs are the most 'liked'.
Now I know that it all depends on the matches, but there are PPVs such as Hell in a Cell and Extreme Rules which you kind of get the jist what the PPV is going to be like.
For me, the main PPVs which are a must buy are -

- Wrestlemania
- You know its gonna be a good PPV, plus how can you miss the biggest PPV of the year ;)
- Royal Rumble
- Pretty much I buy this for the Royal Rumble Match. I love watching them so it pretty much sells itself.
- Money in the Bank
- Much like the Royal Rumble Match, I love watching the Money In The Bank matches, plus we basicaly find out at least one world champion. Of course this year we had Cena vs. Punk, but I doubt MITB in 2012 will be as good as 2011.

Used to buy -

- Extreme Rules
- This really has been watered down so much that its unreal. Compare ECW ONS 2005 or 2006 to Extreme Rules 2011 and you'll see whatmean. (Yes I know its PG)

So what PPVs are a 'must buy' for you?

Also, this is a side question for UK viewers, does anyone know how Sky decide which PPV's are going to be free on Sky Sports or on Sky Box Office? Because the big four I have never seen free, while some of the others are evenly disputed so we get the same number of free and paid.

WrestleMania is definitely a MUST BUY for me cause it's the biggest event of the year and it always delivers some classic and great matches each year.

there may be some people out there who will say that this year's was one of the worst, but I disagree...HHH/Taker was an awesome match, and the Edge/Del Rio match was pretty decent, Orton/Punk was great, Rey/Rhodes put on a good match and Miz/Cena was OK but Rock saved that match TBH.

Royal Rumble is another must buy for me, cause of the Royal Rumble match itself cause its so unpredictable and I like to see surprise entrants each year.

PPV's I used to buy was SummerSlam, because SummerSlam hasn't been good in a very long time, and the last time I purchased a SSLAM was 2005. Survivor Series is another PPV I used to watch, but it has been a terrible PPV for a long time also, with the last great Survivor Series being in 2002 which I attended in MSG.

I order the big four....the most important and the ones that matter and a few others but not the unimportant ones but they are allot cheaper in the UK than in usa.

Mania and Royal Rumble are definetly the two must-buys as they are the biggest of the big 4, you could say they are Metallica and Megadeth. Extreme Rules seems to deliver evey now and then so buying it would probably depend on the card. Money In The Bank is another one that delivers alot and may turn in to a must-buy if it continues on this good streak. Summerslam and Survivor Series are big time ones but they have sort of fallen off as of late so it depends on their cards as well. Every other PPV depends on whether it has appealing card or not.

PPV's I still get on a yearly basis is Wrestlemania and the Rumble. Those two are the only shows that can constantly have good to great cards. Other than those two if anything catches my eye, sure I'll get it.
At the moment, the only PPV I rarely, if ever see is Extreme Rules. It rarely has matches I want to see.

The Big ones i would buy are

Wrestlemania

Royal Rumble

Summerslam

Now i may order another if the card is good such as this year i ordered Money in the Bank. It all depends if the ppv has a good card or not. For example i bought Hell in a Cell last year because it had mine and my brothers two favorite wrestlers in a hell in a cell match which was Undertaker and Kane however i thought that match was a bit of a let down but oo well

This year i have already bought Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank, with plans to buy Summerslam as well. Those are all bought on an annual basis.

I used to always buy Vengeance, was a mean PPV before it became night of champions. Probably will by TLC aswell, as long as Christian is in the main event.

I dont buy PPV (In Australia) however I do buy dvds and have an extensive collection. Must buy for me: Money in the Bank and Royal Rumble. I used to buy Extreme Rules and Survivor series allot but because I dont buy PPV dvds so much anymore I get ones that I know are good. Truth be told I havent seen a wrestlemania since wrestlemania 25! Im ashamed.

up until this year wrestlemania was a must buy for me i just didnt think mania was gonna be that good this year so i streamed it and it was better then expected but im glad i didnt spend the money to buy it.

id love to order the royal rumble every year simply for the royal rumble match but again i dont wanna drop that much money for a ppv that doesnt always look that good

but usually every year i buy wrestlemania

None of them are "musts" for me. Wrestlemania is somethin special, you know, but I skipped it this year, because I thought the card was pretty lackluster, and fucking Snooki was wrestling... I just wouldn't let myself sink that low.

To me, they're only musts if the card is good enough. WWE's gotta prove to me that they're actually trying to entertain me, rather than just relying on the name "Wrestlemania" or "Summerslam" to convince people to shell out cash. In fact, two sorta new PPVs were musts for me this year: TLC and MitB were better booked and overall better performed than Wrestlemania and likely this Summerslam, IMHO.

The only PPV I buy every year is WrestleMania and that tradition started at WM 23. Every year I try to skip buying it, but for one reason or another, I always end up seeing it somehow. I’m also a big fan of Night Of Champions, but not big enough of a fan to order more than one PPV a year.

Well I always buy WM, Royal Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series and if a PPV has a good card I'll buy that.

I buy WM because it's the biggest PPV of the year and is always good.
I buy Royal Rumble mainly because I love watching the Royal Rumble match.
I buy Summerslam because it normally is a good show in my opinion maybe not as good as it's made out to be, but it's still good,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back