• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Payback - WWE Tag Team Championship: Bryan & Orton VS Rollins & Reigns

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
In a surprise move last night, Vickie Guerrero named Bryan & Orton the #1 contenders to the tag titles after their DQ victory over The Shield this past Friday on SmackDown!. As a result, they face Rollins & Reigns this Sunday for the tag titles.

I don't think anyone is expecting Rollins & Reigns to lose here but, rather, I think this will be the next step in Orton's heel turn. With he & Bryan seemingly on the same page, or at least not at each other's throats after working well together on Raw last night, it seems that the stage is set for another misunderstanding/miscommunication between them this Sunday.

It seems more likely that Orton will do something to cost them the match after said misunderstanding, maybe delivering an RKO to Bryan. I suppose WWE could also go the route of having Bryan sabotage their match for the purpose of getting even with Orton. As a result, both guys are cast in more of a tweener role in which one will probably go heel, resulting in a feud between them.

The match should be extremely entertaining with The Shield ultimately retaining, in my expectations, due to a breakdown between Bryan & Orton.

An entertaining means to a potentially very entertaining end, this match is a potential show stealer. I didn't see it coming, but I'm glad they found a justifiable contender for The Shield's tag team titles. A Shield vs Usos match would've been filler, whereas this match has big storyline and character development implications. Like JH pointed out, the ending isn't really in doubt. I too expect it to be a step towards Randy Orton turning heel and moving into a feud with Daniel Bryan. I often say about predictable matches, "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey." However, this match has the ability to deliver in both regards. The Shield retains, The Dazzler continues his rise to the top, and The Viper becomes interesting again.

It will certainly be a good match and could well set up a potential feud between Orton and Bryan. I really cannot see Orton/Bryan winning but the finish will be interesting. I can see Orton attacking Bryan or the other way around. Another possibility is having them two argue and Kane coming down to intervene but costing them the match.

With MITB being the next PPV: I'm not sure this sets up a single match between Orton and Bryan but that could be saved for Summerlam where it would really steal the show.

I don't think anyone expects Orton and Bryan to win the tag titles. I think of this match as the platform for a major character change with Bryan or Orton. Bryan continues his fight to prove he's not the weak link, and Orton is tired of Bryan's antics. The tension is going to reach a boiling point, and I think Orton will be the one to deliver the first and only strike. I'm not a fan of an Orton heel turn, but it's in his character to be a raging and cold-hearted asshole.

I don't have any high expectations for the match. The focus will be on Bryan and Orton, as they try to coexist. I'm sure well see lots of tension between the two, and a few uncomfortable or unwanted tags before the big breakdown at the end.

I'm looking at this to be the match of the night, not just for the match itself but the storyline aspects of it all. There are so many possibilities that they can go with here. Admittedly, Bryan and Orton won't win the tag titles because I'm guessing they don't want to drag out Orton's turn much longer or take the belts off The Shield.

But the question of who will cost them the match will be fun to watch. There could be a miscommunication or an accident. Or Orton could simply turn on Bryan for not tagging him in. It would be simple but effective and would give Orton insta-heat. Either way, Orton and Bryan are going to clash and it'll lead to a great match between to the two in the future.

The Shield win through miscommunication after 15 minutes in a potential classic. Bryan and Orton go on to better things while the Shield tear through some proper tag teams.

Come to think of it, Orton was feuding with Big Show a few weeks ago. He should be thanking Bryan for giving him something meaningful to do...

The Sheild aren't losing those tag titles anytime soon. So all this offers is a match which will surely steal the show. It's a testament to all involved that people still want to see this match despite it just being another variation of the same match since The Shield made their debut. However WWE are going to have to do something with The Sheild soon, the Usos challenging them is hardly going to move them to the next level.

This should be a great match. Like others have said, it could be the match of the night. Bryan and Orton won't win the titles I don't think, and it could actually be this match where they full blown get into a fight. Orton/Bryan has been a rocky relationship to say the least, and I could see the whole thing blowing up in this match. What ever happens The Shield walks out with the titles.

I also think this will be the match of the night. The Shield are not dropping the titles anytime soon not at least until RR time IMO. I think this is the match where Orton finally makes his heel turn and just snaps on DB after the match. Ultimately this match will be one helluva of a bout,but the Shield will retain. DB is so hot and over with the crowd right now its ridiculous. When Orton turns on him and he will IMO the crowd is gonna boo Orton right out of the building!

This is where Orton's heel turn will take place, I just have a feeling Orton is going to turn heel here and why? Especially after he hit that RKO on Bryan on Smackdown and then on RAW saying he did it on purpose because of Bryan dropkicking him in the face and then as well being forced to team with Bryan and not to mention Orton has been on a decline for a very long time, the time is now to pull the trigger on Orton's heel turn and his heel turn will have a lasting effect especially if they do it here during this match by having him RKO Bryan again and then walk out on Bryan allowing The Shield to pin Bryan for the victory, yes that would give Orton momentual heat and it would elevate Bryan even more as a face

20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_TagMatch_HOMEPAGE.jpg

This has the potential to be another great match. The Shield continue to have impressive matches while Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan will make an interesting team. Obviously they will not be able to get along. I can easily see Orton costing Bryan the win. There's absolutely no way that Randy and Daniel win the giant pennies. The Shield need to hold onto them and make them important again. Winning against two former World Champions will be great for them as well as for the giant pennies. What would Orton or Bryan have to gain from winning here, some random title run that neither of them need? Orton is above the giant pennies and Bryan JUST ended a run with them in Team Hell No. Giving Bryan another run with them so soon would make The Shield's win pointless and thus damages their push.

This will be the end of the feud. Orton and Bryan wouldn't be able to get along long enough within kayfabe for this to last beyond Payback. Orton and Bryan might enter into a feud together if Bryan isn't moving on to a WWE Championship angle for MITB. Orton will likely be in the MITB Ladder Match if he is not entering into a feud with Bryan next. The Shield will retain and move on to their next opponents.... Not that there are too many teams to pick from at the moment. That's a topic for another thread though. I think the match will be in the top tier of the evening for quality and it might go on toward the beginning of the night. It is probably going on as early as 2nd, I could see it being in between the two midcard title matches making up the first three matches of the card.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The Shield will retain the WWE Tag Team Championship.

Now, this was an unexpected and is probably the match that I'm most looking forward. Everyone was talking about Bryan vs Orton (wich was an awesome idea btw), but it was a swerve. Anyway it can be match of night, I only hope that unlike at ER, this tag team match has a good solid 15 minutes.

It is going to be very interesting to see the dynamic between DB and Orton. There are reports that one of them is going to turn heel, I don't think it's a good idea for either of them, DB is on fire right now, there is no reason for not to capitalise on his popularity and his very strong crowd reactions. As for Orton, well it could make sense for him to turn on DB since he is massively over, a surprise RKO on Bryan only for Shield to pick up the cheap victory.

I'm not sure what is going to happen between Orton and Bryan but there is absolutely no way for them to win the tag titltes, WWE would be very dumb if they kill Shield's momentum and DB's momentum as a single wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back