WWE NXT Season 2; Who Stays and Who Goes?

MOExecution

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now that WWE NXT Season 2 is over we all saw what happened on the Season Finale. All the Season 2 NXT guys beatdown Kaval (which in my opinion was horribly done), but this is not about the beatdown. It is about who was involved in the beatdown that I am interested in. In the beatdown we saw; Lucky Cannon (who obviously is a Heel now), Titus O' Neil, Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley, Percy Watson, and Husky Harris in the attack. Does this mean that these six men have a future with the WWE? I think we will definitely see; Alex Riley, Michael McGillicutty, and Husky Harris in the WWE, but Percy Watson, Titus O'Neil, and Lucky Cannon are all still in between with me. And since Eli Cottonwood was not even in the attack I guess that means he doesn't have a future with the WWE.

And if so I have one more question... If the WWE are going to hire all of the guys from the WWE NXT Season 2 does the competition still hold any relevance? Because we have seen The Nexus all get contracts and now we are basically (possibly) going to see these guys all get contracts too. Why hold a competition if all of the guys in the end are going to end up in the WWE anyways? That makes the award less achieving (the only upper hand the winner has is a Championship shot). And with that will we EVER see an actual single winner on the show? Let me know what you guys think.

Who will WWE keep from the WWE NXT Season 2 Competitors?
Will WWE NXT ever see a single winner in the competition?

I'm not sure who WWE will keep, however I can only hope that it'll only be the final 3 or 4. Kaval, Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley, and perhaps Husky Harris, those are really the only 3-4 interesting people that were on this season, and the only 3-4 that really had any chance of winning from the get go.

This way it will also keep it a bit clean, instead of busting all 8 into different rosters. This way it'll keep the 3-4 people that are actually worth a damn, and can make it work on the main roster. Sure the others could too, but not at the level these 3-4 guys could. Kaval will definitely be going RAW (I guess, shame though, Smackdown is where the guy would thrive, considering Bryan is on RAW). Alex Riley is a RAW dude, and Michael McGillicutty is a Smackdown dude as well, both would thrive very well on their respectable shows.

I'm not sure about the other question you pose. We've only seen a single winner of NXT all the time. The others get passed on in some other way, The Nexus earned contracts by kicking ass, Michael and Alex will most likely gain contracts one way or another, and they'll be kept on the main roster because just like NXT season 1, the 3-4 guys (3 final guys, and Bryan Danielson) would be kept around because they were worth it, and could make it work on the main roster.

Now that WWE NXT Season 2 is over we all saw what happened on the Season Finale. All the Season 2 NXT guys beatdown Kaval (which in my opinion was horribly done), but this is not about the beatdown. It is about who was involved in the beatdown that I am interested in. In the beatdown we saw; Lucky Cannon (who obviously is a Heel now), Titus O' Neil, Michael McGillicutty, Alex Riley, Percy Watson, and Husky Harris in the attack. Does this mean that these six men have a future with the WWE? I think we will definitely see; Alex Riley, Michael McGillicutty, and Husky Harris in the WWE, but Percy Watson, Titus O'Neil, and Lucky Cannon are all still in between with me. And since Eli Cottonwood was not even in the attack I guess that means he doesn't have a future with the WWE.
ok, i dont take the beatdown as much of anything really. I think WWE wanted to show how NXT was important by having the losers beat up on the winner.

And if so I have one more question... If the WWE are going to hire all of the guys from the WWE NXT Season 2 does the competition still hold any relevance? Because we have seen The Nexus all get contracts and now we are basically (possibly) going to see these guys all get contracts too. Why hold a competition if all of the guys in the end are going to end up in the WWE anyways?
i think the competition holds means ALOT because the winner gets a title match at a pay per view and i think at least 5 of these guys should be on the main roster, what's the point of sending them to NXT just to basically fire them?? guys like McGuillicutty should NOT go back to developmentals, they should go to RAW or Smackdown ASAP and the same goes for Alex Riley and maybe even Husky Harris.

Who will WWE keep from the WWE NXT Season 2 Competitors?
Will WWE NXT ever see a single winner in the competition?
we did see a single winner, Kaval. It's like i said, the competition is to get a free championship match and a contract without asking. Guys like Riley and McGuillicutty NEED to be on the main roster REAL soon. Riley i think should be on Smackdown. I think he has a bright future, maybe have Vickie Guerrero sign him behind Teddy's back. As for McGuillicutty, have him debut on RAW with Ted Dibiase.

There are most def a few guys that need to not go back down to FCW. In all honesty I'd put Michael Henning with Ted Jr. and do the Fortunate Sons Stable. I imagine Brett Dibiase will be on Season 4 if there is one and have those 2 be his pros. There is a built in story line and route for Brett after he wins or is eliminated. Alex Riley is really the one who can kinda go where he wants. Put him on Smackdown and have him feud with Dolph or Kofi or whoever has the I.C. belt. I really think you need to put Husky In the Nexus. I think that is the best move for both. The Nexus needs another strong character and Husky needs a place to go. I think that is a very solid move.(I've turned into a Husky mark for sure as of late). And Maybe throw Kaval into the U.S. title scene...i think he and Daniel Bryan could do a good face vs face rivalry. and the matches would be outstanding.

I think Kaval, Alex Riley, Joe Hennig (his WWE name is stupid) and Husky Harris should all make it onto the main roster. Kaval obviously has a contract so he's deffinately gonna be on the main roster, but what about the others? I think Riley should be secretly signed by Vickie like MWRedskins said. He has the charisma to go far, though he needs to drop the jock gimmick. Hennig should be brought to the roster by Ted Dibiase to create the Fortunate Sons stable, maybe with Brett Dibiase their to do what Rhodes/Dibiase did in Legacy. Harris should become Cody Rhodes' bodygaurd because they work well together and Rhodes seems to like him. Harris could then eventually break away and become a monster heel. I think Percy Watson is annoying and can't be taken seriously. He could maybe reform the South Beach Boys with Darren Young, but that's all I see him doing. Not a future star. Lucky Cannon is too generic and boring to be on the roster. Titus O'Neil botches a lot and can't wrestle well; he's just another rubbish muscle freak. Eli Cottonwood should never make it onto the roster for obvious reasons.

As others have said, the top 3 or 4 men in the competition definitely deserve a future in the WWE. I really didn't like the ending of the NXT finale. It was obviously a take off the Nexus angle and it was poorly done. The WWE Pro's were standing at ringside being 'held back' by the refs while the eliminated rookies were beating up Kaval. If they are going to have another beat down type thing then at least give the pro's time to go backstage so it doesn't look so stupid.

Percy had an okay ring ability (better than I expected) but he does take it over the top too much and is extremely annoying. Lucky, Titus & Eli can't wrestle to save their lives and should never make it to the main roster. And why the hell does Titus bark like a dog?

I think Kaval, Alex Riley, Joe Hennig (his WWE name is stupid) and Husky Harris should all make it onto the main roster.
i agree there, especially with the WWE name being stupid.
Kaval obviously has a contract so he's deffinately gonna be on the main roster, but what about the others?
yeah, as for Kaval, i want him after the IC title or lose to Kane, but i say the IC title is perfect for him.

I think Riley should be secretly signed by Vickie like MWRedskins said. He has the charisma to go far, though he needs to drop the jock gimmick.
yeah and i think putting him on Smackdown could push him to the World title VERY soon, as for the jock gimmick, i happen to like the gimmick, he just needs to go to the right show. Smackdown needs more stars, so that's why i think Kaval and Riley should go there.
Hennig should be brought to the roster by Ted Dibiase to create the Fortunate Sons stable, maybe with Brett Dibiase their to do what Rhodes/Dibiase did in Legacy.
my thoughts exactly, then it will give Ted a group to lead and in time, it will bring him up to a higher status than he's at.
Harris should become Cody Rhodes' bodygaurd because they work well together and Rhodes seems to like him. Harris could then eventually break away and become a monster heel.
that is a good idea.
I think Percy Watson is annoying and can't be taken seriously. He could maybe reform the South Beach Boys with Darren Young, but that's all I see him doing. Not a future star.
my thoughts exactly which is why i think a tag team with Young would help. Both guys need either A) better gimmicks or B) a tag team partner and these guys being the party guys fits.
Lucky Cannon is too generic and boring to be on the roster. Titus O'Neil botches a lot and can't wrestle well; he's just another rubbish muscle freak. Eli Cottonwood should never make it onto the roster for obvious reasons.
i am not a fan of Cannon and hope he stays on FCW for a while, O'Neil needs work too, Cottenwood bothers me, he's not entertaining.

As many have already said, the top four should stay. Kaval won, so he being on TV is a guarantee, Hennig (His Gimmick Name is too time consuming) is a good in-ring performer but needs work on the mic (dear God he needs work on the mic), Riley needs more time to develop but i see him being promoted to the roster and Harris impressed me with his time on the show. To me, Harris improved the most on the show and he earned his spot on the roster.

The rest of the field are iffy. O’Neil showed that he's still green with last nights beatdown, Cannon was better but still needs to improve, Cottonwood works as an enforcer (See Batista: 2003 & 2004) for now, Watson is okay but I still feel he needs some fine-tuning.

About half the field are definite but I wouldn’t put it past WWE to have all of them show up at some point or another.

As many have already said, the top four should stay. Kaval won, so he being on TV is a guarantee,
yeah, i think he should be after the IC title, he would give Dolph a good feud.
Hennig (His Gimmick Name is too time consuming) is a good in-ring performer but needs work on the mic (dear God he needs work on the mic),
As bad on the mic as he was yesterday, he was not that bad throughout the show. Actually (besides last night) i was impressed with Hennig's mic work. In my book he should go to RAW and go there FAST, team up with Ted Dibiase, change his last name only and go after the Tag Titles at Night of Champions and have him call himself, the Perfect Son.
Riley needs more time to develop but i see him being promoted to the roster.
Honestly, i like Riley, i like him so much i think he can be a World Champion really soon. i say send him to Smackdown and give that show the star they need, then after Kane's feud with Undertaker have either Riley or Cody Rhodes go after Undertaker's title.

and Harris impressed me with his time on the show. To me, Harris improved the most on the show and he earned his spot on the roster.
Harris will likely go to Raw and win a match or two, my want is that, have him not be known for a bit, THEN join up with Hennig and Dibiase.

The rest of the field are iffy. O’Neil showed that he's still green with last nights beatdown, Cannon was better but still needs to improve, Cottonwood works as an enforcer (See Batista: 2003 & 2004) for now, Watson is okay but I still feel he needs some fine-tuning.
About half the field are definite but I wouldn’t put it past WWE to have all of them show up at some point or another.
As for the rest, team Watson with Darren Young call them the beach party boyz or something. Have O'Neil go back to FCW and take Cottonwood with him. Cannon isnt that great in my book, i guess Smackdown for him, but in my view he's a midcarder at best, just not that great to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back