• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE: not what it used to be

UK_Jonny

Dark Match Jobber
who agrees. WWE was far better in the late 90's and 2000. There is never a good PPV these days. I here that peeps in the USA have to pay a lot for a ppv. Is it really worth it. I live in England and we get most ppv's free. But i still don't watch all the smackdown ppv's.

Their is no classic matches around these days

Well, that's because of the wwe writers.

But the ppv's are great. Judgment Day, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and many more.

ok no way out, wm, backlash, vengeance, summerslam and soon to be unforgiven have all been great ppv's

UK_Jonny said:
who agrees. WWE was far better in the late 90's and 2000. There is never a good PPV these days. I here that peeps in the USA have to pay a lot for a ppv. Is it really worth it. I live in England and we get most ppv's free. But i still don't watch all the smackdown ppv's.

I haven't enjoyed WWE anywhere near as much since the Brand Split, and it's the biggest mistake WWE have ever made IMO, and I hated it from the start in April 2002. Having said that, I'll always be a wrestling fan :)

I have never gotten a brand specific ppv, except for ECW:ONS back in June. I usually get Wrestlemania and thats all, but I am definately getting the Decmeber to Dismember. Hopefully they'll have it where ONS was held-that is what gave the show the "ECW" feel, regardless of whose on the card...

i agree with you all because the brand split is very stupid and i wonder y they done that,plus you dont get no good feel for for it like you youst to like the stone cold and rock days!!!!! but ive always love wrestling

UK_Jonny said:

It's good to be a foreigner, I'm from Mexico and I also get all PPVs for free, even Summerslam, altough it's good they're free 'cause I wouldn't have paid even a dollar for the last 3 PPVs, This year's Summerslam was certainly the worst in its history

UK_Jonny said:

A classic match is one you look back on and say "Boy that was great." I mean we can't really look back till we're there can we?

i agree this summerslam sucked and the orton vs hogan was a waste of time...a horrible match compared to hbk vs hogan in 2005

People dont understand that WWE has moved on....

The late 90s and early 2000s were the attitude era....Its changed. As Vince said, Its a new era. New Faces. New Matches. New Style. It isnt what it used to be but we have to live with that

I agree that the Roster Split was one of the worst executions in WWE history. I understand the purpose of it, to invest in more stars and develop them into main eventers. That way, you hopefully have stronger PPV buyrates (fresh storylines on each brand), higher ratings (for same reason), do away with the A show / B show concept in house shows while increasing attendance.

My question ... why has all of this failed? Storylines are near awful. House show attendance is down. There is still the A show (Raw) / B show (Smackdown) concept ... and JBL saying otherwise every week only proves Smackdown is the B show.

And nobody feels any urgency in the company to fix things because wrestling fans will complain, but they will still watch, buy PPV's, and attend house shows ... because there is no competition. Again, that's why Vince buying WCW was awful for wrestling fans and workers in this business.

But this Roster Split was one of the poorest executed concepts in WWE history. As long as Stephanie McMahon is in charge of Creative and is allowed to continue doing her job the way she is, which includes hiring the people she continues to hire, then the product will continue.

Does anybody else feel the same way or is it just me? Why is it acceptable for Creative to use the excuse "We don't have any ideas for this wrestler" as an excuse to get rid of somebody? Isn't that what you are paid to be doing?

Also, why does it make sense to hire somebody like Gangrel back for ECW, only to say, "You weigh too much. We aren't going to be needing you anymore?" and release him? I thought you would want to meet the guy in person first before offering him a contract and chance to return! And that's Johnnny Ace for you. It makes absolutely no sense.

I personally feel Vince has lost his passion for his business and that's why things have slipped through the cracks the way they have. For all the times I hear, "Well, everything goes through Vince!" "Everything stops at Vince!" "Ultimately, Vince is in charge!" Then Vince needs to be the one to take responsibility for all the stale storylines and ridiculous decisions that WWE has made for the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back