• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE No Way Out 2012: Sheamus (c) VS Dolph Ziggler [World Heavyweight Championship]

I think Sheamus retains here, but it will be huge for Ziggler. With Jericho and Orton out, Ziggler could really step up and seriously compete at a main event level for the world title.

While I want Ziggler to win, Sheamus will retain. Sheamus is supposed to have a long reign, and Ziggler wasn't anywhere near the main event last week anyway. This will be a good match though.

Ziggler is NOT going to win here. He is only in the match as a replacement for Alberto, who was likely going to lose anyhow. A Ziggler win would be cool if it happened, but it won't. We will surely get a decent match out of the two though. Perhaps the feud could be extended, we will just have to see what happens. Sheamus absolutely should retain here, he is on his way to that top face spot on a more permanent basis and a lengthier world title reign filled with strong retentions is a must. It's a shame we will not get the Sheamus VS Alberto match. Hopefully when he recovers Sheamus will still be World Champion and we can get the match we were meant to have at this PPV. Ziggler filling in is certainly nothing I will complain about, I just am slightly less interested in seeing it when the outcome is 99% obvious. Hope to see it continue into the next PPV after Sheamus retains here.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sheamus will retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

The decision of this match should not be in doubt, as it's basically set in stone. Sheamus should retain here. Dolph Ziggler is a fine opponent, in this case, but it's not as if he's a real threat. They had to find a replacement for Alberto Del Rio and while Ziggler fits the bill, he's not anywhere near ready enough to be the World Heavyweight Champion. I think Ziggler's okay, but I don't think he's nearly as good as the IWC makes him out to be -- in any other case, he would not be in this match. His presence here isn't going to be anything out of the ordinary, as I'm certain the match will be passable (it won't be great, nor will it be awful). Ziggler's just going to come in as another opponent to match Sheamus look good, which I'm fine with.

This match actually does have some importance to Dolph Ziggler, though. If he can impress WWE management here, he may get another push, possibly reaching the main event on a more permanent basis, rather than just a temporary little spell. It's no secret that the WWE roster is really thin right now and the main event is going to be a little stale if they don't bring in some fresh meat, so I can only hope that Dolph Ziggler comes out and puts forth his best effort here. So, while this is basically a throwaway title defense for Sheamus, it is a major point in Ziggler's career, I would think. It doesn't change the fact that Sheamus will retain, though.

Actually look forward to this as I can see it being a great match. Ziggler has a great chance to prove himself in a big match. I believe this match will set up a couple months feud for these two. Sheamus wins but I expect a great match that will elevate ziggler

Match was OK. I'm just glad to see the recent string of crowds giving Ziggler his due. The guy is fantastic. He is decent on the mic and arguably the best in the ring. The reception he has gotten the past couple of weeks has been crazy. The people want Ziggler.

I'm really impressed with Zig-Zag's performance tonight. That one DDT that he hit (with the help of Sheamus of course) was great. Also all the finishers, jumps, etc.. look spectacular. He looked a hell of a lot better than Sheamus did and it's almost a shame he didn't win.

It's quite rare you get the crowd cheering for the heel over the face during the match, but people are tired of a boring Sheamus and Zig-Zag is an up and coming star.

I hope they give him a good shot in the future and he gets a legit title reign.

I'm really impressed with Zig-Zag's performance tonight. That one DDT that he hit (with the help of Sheamus of course) was great. Also all the finishers, jumps, etc.. look spectacular. He looked a hell of a lot better than Sheamus did and it's almost a shame he didn't win.

It's quite rare you get the crowd cheering for the heel over the face during the match, but people are tired of a boring Sheamus and Zig-Zag is an up and coming star.

I hope they give him a good shot in the future and he gets a legit title reign.

Not trying to offend you, but have you been living under a rock? All Ziggler has done is put forth 10 star performances for the past year and has nothing to show for it. I'm just glad that the WWE universe is starting to catch on.

And as for Sheamus, this is now two of his three title defenses where he has been booed (and maybe the 4-way at OTL, I can't remember). The guy is just no where near as over as the WWE likes to think he is. He was entertaining out of the title picture and now that the spotlight is on him he is being exposed.

Not trying to offend you, but have you been living under a rock? All Ziggler has done is put forth 10 star performances for the past year and has nothing to show for it. I'm just glad that the WWE universe is starting to catch on.

And as for Sheamus, this is now two of his three title defenses where he has been booed (and maybe the 4-way at OTL, I can't remember). The guy is just no where near as over as the WWE likes to think he is. He was entertaining out of the title picture and now that the spotlight is on him he is being exposed.

I have to slightly disagree. He has put on some good performances here and there yes, but he's also been held back by the current situation they have him in, and hasn't done much on his own to get his was out of it.

You've got to remember. In this business the wrestlers make their own fate. They get themselves noticed and pushed towards the top. They don't magically just get there, or stay there for that matter.

I love Ziggler and have wanted him to be in that top spotlight for a long time, but having Vickie and Swagger behind his back has weakened his positioning greatly. The guy is great on the mic, the guy has some excellent moves, he just needs to push himself out there more and demand as the SHOW OFF! that he is indeed that for a good reason.

The pop that he got tonight gave me goosebumps. I love a good pop.

I'm so excited for what the future holds for him, but I can't help but feel like the WWE will find a way to drop the ball yet again.

Sheamus was gradually getting over, he was over with the kids, and smarks kinda just ignored him (on account of his increasingly safe/vanilla face character). Wrestlemania changed that, so now he still gets booed as a result. He's getting the Cena reaction in his first title reign as a face, that's not good.

Cena was on top for about a year before people started getting sick of him and booing him.

Sheamus needs a shakeup. I do think if they want their next Cena (as in strong, kid friendly super face), Sheamus is the man to go for, in fact he's a lot better than Cena in the ring and works hard. However, as it is right now, his WHC run is not working.

Give it to Ziggler, Cody or Barrett when he returns. They're all ready for the main event (and listen to the reaction Ziggler got from the crowd, same as RAW)

I like Ziggler but I don't think this was his best match in fact out of the two of them I thought Sheamus put forth a better effort, IMO. I saw a couple of botches in the match that I'm pretty positive were Ziggler's fault. But he once proved again why he's we all think he's the best bumper in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back