WWE Network Over-Saturation

DirtyJosé;4955683 said:
Where are all those WWE Films?

The same reason they don't have any snuff films on the network - some things cannot be unseen.

The same reason they don't have any snuff films on the network - some things cannot be unseen.

That's all well and good, we can pick on them all we like, but the fact of the matter is that they do have a library of content to offer beyond fucking Legend's House and a ton of pre/post shows that nobody asked for. Even Netflix "Watch Online" started out with a fairly shitty collection of things to watch. Something, ANYTHING, is better than the sparse offering currently presented.

Also it's not easy to upload stuff. It takes awhile. Plus other stuff is more important than The Chaperone. They can't just snap their fingers and put everything on the Network.

I don't see Netflix as competition. They are the same type of service but offer radically different things. WWE can't possibly offer what Netflix offers. That's not reasonable to expect.

What is not reasonable is pretending that WWE can exist and thrive in its own little pocket world and not be expected to have to compete with other, better digital video services. What's even better is that many WWE products are available on Netflix, Hulu, and others, so WWE can't even claim exclusivity on THEIR OWN FUCKING PRODUCT. Clearly, no one involved seems to have any clue how to make this work.

Also it's not easy to upload stuff. It takes awhile. Plus other stuff is more important than The Chaperone. They can't just snap their fingers and put everything on the Network.

Actually, it would be pretty easy if they knew what the fuck they were doing.

I don't see Netflix as competition. They are the same type of service but offer radically different things. WWE can't possibly offer what Netflix offers. That's not reasonable to expect.

Fair enough (even though it is competition, reasonable in a forum debate or not, in the sense that when it comes time for people to start cost cutting around the house, what are they going to choose, WWE Network that currently only really offers PPV's and reality shows? Or Netflix with constant new original high quality programs + library of content).

Look at the UFC Fight Pass which is similar to the WWE Network in that it's a Network based off of a niche athletic genre. They feature new episodes of The Ultimate Fighter. Consistent, new original programming (even though the WWE Network is above them in value b/c they don't feature PPV's until after a certain date).

Well for me it isn't because 18 dollars isn't a lot of money. But I can see what you mean. I was more viewing it as what they are offering isn't the same thing. I didn't consider that basically an easy cost cutting measure is this vs Netflix.

Yes.

What are people missing on The Network other than PPV results that become old news the minute Raw goes on the air the next night?

Make it a REAL network with consequential programming. Have something of substance that exists solely on the network.

Obviously ignoring illegal ways of getting the shows, Netflix exclusively has high quality programming like Orange Is The New Black, House of Cards, within the near future, they are going to start making shows that exist within the Marvel Cinematic Universe like Daredevil. All Netflix Produced and shown exclusively on Netflix.

They're producing high quality, original new programming (not lazily slapped together reality shows and documentaries made with recycled footage). Hulu does the same. The WWE needs to take note. Like I said if they were going to rely on PPV's to sell the network, they could have saved a lot of money and made PPV's 10 bucks.

It's not unreasonable to hold them to the same standards as their competitors.
If you seriously believe those fluff programmes will push the needle in more subscriptions then all the power to you. I can understand if you mean it as a gateway to better future original programmes but not this.

You mean getting the PPV isn't worth the fees? OMG what has been funding pro-wrestling all these years if PPVs buys are 'old news' the minute RAW goes on air?

All the shows you mentioned on Netflix was introduced only recently when they realized they were at the mercy of content providers raising prices year on year.. WWE is probably not facing that issue since they own the content they are showing. 3 shows with say 36 hours of original programming. Wouldn't that be similar to the hours of WWE PPVs per year? That's without counting on the fluff programmes already up on the network.

The issue with WWE network is wrestling is a niche product that has minor appeal outside of the core audience today. Not that the network isn't offering enough 'value'. Of course everything can be better, but that's just nitpicking at this point.

So if netflix isnt competition then hulu+ has to be? Dont they have a big library of raw and sd episodes?

Fuck the network, still not available in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back