• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE need a face stable/faction, but are there enough good faces to fill the group?

#IndyRules

Ignatius Sandow Jr.
Ok, so as we saw on Monday night the Wyatt familly are going to be debuting on mainstream WWE program in the near future and as you may know from NXT programming this group are heels. Make that Heel Faction count = 1.

Next up you have the shield who are the best faction since Evoloution and are over as hell and they are heels. A massive buzz is still there for them and will still be beating up other groups of guys for a long time coming. Heel Count = 2.

Finally you have 3MB. These guys may seem comical but are still a solid faction IF they are used correctly. Frankly i can see McIntyre breaking out the group but don't think that will be a while but of course they are heels. Heel Count = 3.

Now that might have seemed like a lot of rambling to get to this point but i can't think of one Face group in the WWE and even if there has been some sort of alliance it has been a month program then break up. Orton, Sheamus, Show, Ryback, Cena and Team Hell No have all crossed paths of late to take on the shield but never had that togetherness like the above have. Now they are top names but we knoe they can't join forces long term to form a face faction, so my question to you, the IWC, is what superstars could join forces as faces and take on above heel factions ?

It's an interesting topic and one might think, ya there's a heel faction like the Shield why not have a face faction to fight them. This was discussed on Justin Labar's Wrestling Reality on Triblive Radio this past week. As they said on the show there haven't been to many face factions in the history of wrestling because usually the bad guy are the ones that run in packs and take on guys with numbers on their side.

This probably won't happen and in a lot of ways it shouldn't happen, but I was a mark for Nexus and if Barrett, Heath Slater and another former Nexus member joined up to get try and get rid of the Shield the old Nexus fan in me would mark out a little bit. However I think realistically we are in line to see any random group of face targets team up to try and get rid of the Shield.

I enjoy the Shield very much, I hope they continue to dominate for some time. Their matches are consistently exciting and fun to watch. I'm not sure if anyone can beat them perhaps the only thing that could stop them in something within their own ranks, but I don't see that happening for a long time. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

I think WWE needs a black stable a bunch of them that are on tv not doing nothing. Led by Teddy Long

A good guy stable is wierd as good guys don't really do stables.

While it might sound too out of nowhere, I believe the debut of the Wyatt Family might, maybe, culminate in a Shield face turn.

I like this fantasy because it keeps Shield pretty much unbeaten as a heel stable, and, most importantly, it doesn't dissolve The Shield via internal fighting. I really like the fact that those guys are all about the team, and I would hate to see one of them turning on the others. So having all three of them turning face at the same time would be nice.

Their gimmick could likely make an easy transition from heel to face, as long as it's not too sudden. At the beginning, The Shield should just be a "lesser evil among two evils" in a feud against a totally heelish Wyatt Family, and gradually become face from there. They certainly can get positive crowd reaction easily.

This probably won't happen and in a lot of ways it shouldn't happen, but I was a mark for Nexus and if Barrett, Heath Slater and another former Nexus member joined up to get try and get rid of the Shield the old Nexus fan in me would mark out a little bit
I remember also thinking about this around the time that The Shield debuted, especially as Michael Cole was calling them "a pack of feral dogs", exact the same way he called The Nexus.
And I really want to see Wade Barrett as a stable leader again. He is much better as a leader than as a single wrestler.

I think if they do a babyface stable, it would have to be put together by one of the older superstars organizing a counterstrike against The Shield. To effectively do this, The Shield would have to add one more member, since four is the Stable Magic Number. Then you could have a four-man babyface stable. I would have The Miz in there (yes, IWC, give me all of your hate), Team Hell No, and Justin Gabriel. That way you have a talker, an enforcer, a tag team, and a high-flyer.

I thought about this the other day also and I thought maybe a main event face and maybe a midcard face call up 2 NXT guys to join them feud with a heel stable (The Shield or eventually Wyatt Family). It would be a good way to bring a couple guys to the main roster with a meaningful storyline.

I can't think of a single babyface faction that was ever any good. Maybe a heel faction that was eventually turned...but a faction of babyfaces from jump street? I can't think of one.

The psychology of a faction and stable just fits heels better. The bad guys need strength in numbers and use it to put the odds in their favor. The babyfaces then band together in an ad hoc alliance to fight them...but they don't form anything official.

I can't think of a single babyface faction that was ever any good. Maybe a heel faction that was eventually turned...but a faction of babyfaces from jump street? I can't think of one.

The psychology of a faction and stable just fits heels better. The bad guys need strength in numbers and use it to put the odds in their favor. The babyfaces then band together in an ad hoc alliance to fight them...but they don't form anything official.
This leads to an interesting irony that, in wrestling, true teamwork ends up being more common among the villains, while the heroes tend to be too prideful for their own good.

Many heel stables and have genuine good teamwork and members willing to watch each other's back, care for each other, and okay with overlooking mistakes from their teammates. Currently, we have the Shield being just like that, a true unity of three men (and also the way the Rhodes Scholars and the Prime Time Players get along really well compared to how Team Hell No fight among themselves all the time). At the same time, teams of faces often quickly dissolve due to massive individual egos.

It would be interesting to have a serious face stable and see what WWE can do with that. It would run the risk of quickly becoming too cheesy, but it could be nice for a while. I also believe the best way to this would be to have a heel team (either already a stable or becoming one) turn face, instead of just grabbing people that are already faces.

A face stable wouldn't work out too well for reasons already stated. The egos of the individuals would be too great for them to work together long enough to accomplish their goal. It would just have to be a group of guys, who grow tired of the shield or the Wyatt family and decide to come together to take them out. Sort of what they've been doing with the six man tags recently, but make it more serious. Actually what I would is let the shield continue to reign over everyone just as the have been doing, then put together a team consisting of Undertaker and CM Punk. Not quite sure who the third guy would be, but Taker and Punk would work well together as the force that would finally put an end to the shield.

I can't really think of too many successful face factions outside of Degeneration X, who obviously bounced back and forth between heel and face. I think this is where you start to miss having some good tag teams who could take on part of the heel faction along with one of the main event guys. This worked well in the past when you had guys like Dusty Rhodes and The Road Warriors squaring off with the Four Horsemen or Sting and the Steiners Vs. The Dangerous Alliance. Team Hell No has been the most viable tag team in years in this regard, and that's why pairing them with Cena against the Shield has been great. Outside of those guys, anything else just seems thrown together.

Possible face faction: Turn CM Punk face, and put him in a group with Jericho and Miz and turn them loose on the Shield or even Bray Wyatt's stable, and I think you'd see some great stuff.

This leads to an interesting irony that, in wrestling, true teamwork ends up being more common among the villains, while the heroes tend to be too prideful for their own good.

Many heel stables and have genuine good teamwork and members willing to watch each other's back, care for each other, and okay with overlooking mistakes from their teammates. Currently, we have the Shield being just like that, a true unity of three men (and also the way the Rhodes Scholars and the Prime Time Players get along really well compared to how Team Hell No fight among themselves all the time). At the same time, teams of faces often quickly dissolve due to massive individual egos.

It would be interesting to have a serious face stable and see what WWE can do with that. It would run the risk of quickly becoming too cheesy, but it could be nice for a while. I also believe the best way to this would be to have a heel team (either already a stable or becoming one) turn face, instead of just grabbing people that are already faces.

As soon as I saw the suggestion, Dudes with Attitudes immediately came to mind and that was the epitome of cheese...

I honestly don't know how you would really do it. Like I said, starting out heels and turning definitely can work, but to take established faces or bringing in a group of new guys, I don't have a single GOOD idea as to how they wouldn't be anything other than lame. You could maybe do something lower on the card with some comedy element. I'm not an ECW fan, but I always thought you could re-imagine the Dudley's beginning, where you get an old timer who comes in with a brood of guys, a white guy, a black guy, an Asian guy. Then they claim to all be brothers. I know it's goofy, but it could be amusing.

The only face factions I can think of were DX in 1998 (when they feuded with the Nation) and the Union (called U.P.Y.O.U.R.S.), a very short-lived group consisting of Mankind, Test, Ken Shamrock and Big Show.

Face factions don't work because heels are supposed to use "the damn numbers game" to win and the face is supposed to overcome it to win. But in an age where The Avengers is one of the biggest things in entertainment, I'm sure a face faction could be utilized. But I don't think there are any guys I'd want to put into a group together.

I think WWE needs a black stable a bunch of them that are on tv not doing nothing. Led by Teddy Long

A good guy stable is wierd as good guys don't really do stables.

are you me? Seriously I've been dying for a black stable, though I don't want them to be an angry black stable. instead of "we don't get chances cuz we're black" it'd be "we're black and we're gonna win all the titles." maybe put PTP, Kofi, R-truth, and Otunga in the stable.

Because face factions usually don't make sense or serve any purpose. They're a stupid idea, theres a reason they don't happen, unless they're just a tag team.

Faces don't have teammates help them cheat their way to victory.

Faces don't usually try take over, or change anything.

Faces are usually meant to be the underdogs, but a strong group of people means that they'll never really be underdogs and as such they won't be able to make the audience sympathise with them enough to get them over.

The only face factions/stables in pro wrestling who i saw were over were NWO wolfpack, DX, and Fourtune. I thought this past Wrestlemania would have been a perfect time to bring back Evolution as a face stable to take on the Shield. They already attacked Orton and Flair. HHH is a very easy target for them considering their motives. The only thing is bringing back Batista. That would have been the perfect rub for The Shield. Of course there is the possibility of turning The Shield face. Dean Ambrose got a pretty decent pop on Monday night when he pinned Kofi Kingston.and he's the one on the team who represents the biggest heel. I already predict Rollins and Reigns will be top faces when it's all said and done. They already have a built in heel with Ambrose if they want to break up the team as a face stable.

It's time for the Horsemen to return.

Manager - Ric Flair

Members - Randy Orton, Sheamus, Miz, and Christian

* this group would be way over and could battle the Shield. Would make for a great Summer feud. Add one member to the Shield (Someone from the NXT roster-Leo Kruger, maybe???)

you asked if there's enough good face's to fill a stable and here's my answer to this. you can do something similar to the Shield and bring in a group of guys who are faces and let it be known they are faces and have them attack a heel stable or group. my personal want is to maybe team up Cesaro and Ohno and reform the Kings of Wrestling, but have them as faces and have them attack the Shield and then maybe have someone else from NXT who they want to bring up attack Ambrose and have them let their intentions be known. so WWE can get good faces to fill the group and bring them in similar to the Shield. now do they need a face stable, dont know. i do think they need a WAY more face tag teams, but they can find a midcarder to push Ambrose.

I actually like the idea of putting Cesaro in a tag team, maybe that would help show the powers that be in WWE what he can do. It would be easy for him to build up a reputation as a tag team guy, then break out as a singles star.

Really, beyond throwing a team of individual faces together, the best way is to call up some new guys from NXT to combat The Shield or the Wyatt. All they really would have to do is add a backstory that the three guys had problems with them previously and have come to WWE to take them down once and for all. That way not only is there a ready made feud, but you have three new roster members.

Also though, I think the Shield would work as a face team as well. They wouldn't have to change their characters at all from what they are now, but simply start taking out some of the heels as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back