WWE Money In The Bank 2013 - WWE Intercontinental Championship: Axel (c) VS Miz

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE.com has announced that Curtis Axel will defend the Intercontinental Championship against The Miz at the MITB ppv.

In the grand scheme of things, the outcome of this match is extremely obvious, but that doesn't mean it can't still be a really entertaining match. The IC title triple threat match between Barrett, Axel & Miz at Payback was FAR better than I was expecting, so I think this will be a fun match overall.

I'm glad that neither Miz or Axel are part of the MITB ladder matches at this point. As Axel literally just won the IC title a few weeks ago, it's much too soon for him to be Mr. Money in the Bank. It'd be a waste to put him in the match because it's far too big of a push for him at this stage. While Miz is a former WWE Champion, he's fallen a long way from the days when he main evented WrestleMania. Like Axel, Miz being in an MITB ladder match is a waste of a spot. Given that most of the WHC MITB match participants have little or no momentum, Miz could easily be added to it and not be on equal footing. Most of this year, however, Miz has spent firmly in the IC title picture and I simply don't see WWE being in any sort of rush to put him back towards the main event scene. With Cena, Ryback, Henry, Bryan, Punk, Del Rio, Sheamus & Randy Orton either part of the main event picture, could easily be inserted into the main event picture or probably about to be put into the main event picture; it looks like the main event title scene is probably pretty wrapped up for the rest of this year at least.

Axel will retain the match, possibly with Heyman providing some minor interference, or he'll simply score a completely clean win. Afterward, Miz will probably either still float around the mid-card picture or possibly be put into a tag team at some point.

Axel retains, because there's no point in putting the title on Miz. Miz is just kind of there at this point. He bounces around, is on commentary, and hosts Miz TV every now and then, but that's about it. Also, with the picture stacked full of contenders already, Miz isn't getting anywhere near the WWE Championship in the near future.

On the other hand, Axel probably isn't the guy who'll take the IC title into the stratosphere, but he's a fresh face with an upside. Axel should be able to get some more heat off of Heyman with the upcoming Lesnar/CM Punk feud, because we all know Heyman is going to 100% turn on Punk at some point. All in all, Axel is just the better choice to be IC champion right now.

This should be an exciting match cant wait for it really. I absolutely like Curtis Axel as i think its badass he combined his grandfathers and fathers name! He definitely can wrestle and this angle he is in is well... Perfect IMO. No i dont expect him to bring the IC title into the stratosphere like it once was,but the title is beginning to hold meaning again.

If anyone hasnt fallen so far as the Miz has i dont know who can top him. The miz is the ultimate floater,bounces around on commentary,inside the ring,on his own show. The miz is a decent wrestler and a good worker that i wont take away from him. But an exciting superstar and or champion,he most certainly is not. We all know Curtis Axel is going to retain as it is too soon for him to be in MITB maybe next year

It's hard to say whether this match is easy to call because WWE has no apparent title plans for Miz.....or because they're so head-over-heels crazy about Axel, for some apparent reason. Personally, I can't understand it. Yes, you can tell me he's a good wrestler, but so is Tyson Kidd, yet management hasn't yet gone over the moon to push him, have they? I don't get the attention being shoved at Axel; I really don't.

Incidentally, I like Miz as a good guy, even if I'm in the minority (most of you prefer everyone as a bad guy). But I'm finding it easy to root for him as a face, much to my surprise. Still, he has about as much a chance of derailing the Axel Express as I do.

Yes, it might be an entertaining match, but I prefer PPV contests.....and especially ones with title implications.....to have more intrigue as to who's going to be holding the belt at the end of the match.....and there's none of that in this one.

I'm glad the IC title is being defended at MITB, it should be the case on every PPV in my view.

Miz is a solid stepping stone for Axel who I think will end up feuding with with RVD at Summerslam and into the Fall.

I would be a disaster if Miz did somehow walk out IC champion. Their is absolutely no way they are going to take the strap off Axel after such a short amount of time when they are investing so much stock into him.

On a side note Miz is terrible, a watered down Chris Jericho, yes he puts the work in but that can't compensate for the lack of everything else he hasn't got.

a fucking face Miz vs Curt Axle with Heyman in tow in PHILLY? Jesus H Christ. Why? this crowd is gonna diharrea, night-after-drinking SHIIITTTT all over this match, and the Miz. As he well deserves, for insisting on continuing to exist.

Axel in an easy retention. Stupid match.

The match should've been on the pre-show. I don't get why this match is happening, Miz isn't going to win and everyone knows it. I don't see why Axel isn't in the MITB match, maybe it's because they don't want him to lose, who knows? It's going to be a decent match, but nothing to exciting. I'm guessing it will be overshadowed by the rest of the card which looks good.

I am also glad to see the title being defended on the actual ppv, but it is the wrong match. I just can't see them having Axel take the loss here. He has kind of came down to earth since main eventing those Raws with Cena and HHH, and he needs to keep going with a strong title run here. Miz doesn't seem to be going anywhere right now, and I see this as an easy defense for Axel.

20130701_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_miz-axel_C-homepage.jpg

I'm almost certain this will open the show. I'm not all that interested in it to be quite honest. Miz has gone downhill even for his standards. It's rather safe to say that Axel is going to be retaining in this match. What would Miz winning accomplish? Axel is in the middle of a huge push with Heyman, he needs the win. Miz winning would be an insult to the fans AND the belt, just like when he won at Wrestlemania's preshow. This is my pick for the match where I head to the fridge for a snack. I rarely am not interested in title matches, but WWE really haven't given me a reason to care about this match. Miz being in it really does it no favors either. Axel retains and moves on to his next challenger while Miz goes back to doing MizTV segments in between feuds that mostly suck. I see it going on at the beginning of the evening as either the first or second match on the card.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Curtis Axel will retain the Intercontinental Championship.

I feel as if they'll actually give this match a bit of team and truthfully try and show the aggressive nature of Axel. I feel Axel's breakdown from Smackdown this week will correlate to a bit of over aggression which is where we shall see miz go on the offensive. I think Axel wins in about 8 minutes however it should be a good match. I think it needs to end clean and we need a greater challenger for Axel after this.

I'll be wearing my miz shirt for this match at MITB though. I'm bringing two and miz will be one.

As someone said, it's good to see the IC title defense on the main card, but seeing who is the contender, it should be on the pre-show. Miz ain't going to win back the IC championship and this match is going to be average.

Axel retains in a mediocre match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back