• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Magazine Is History?

cyhh2002

Cody Rhodes Diva
Now that WWE Magazine is reportedly gonna cease production due to declining circulation as well as the digital medium, I was thinking about your take on the magazine. For me, not only do I have issues of WWE Magazine, but WWE Kids and the WWE Specials. What about you people?

I used to buy them every month until the ***** raised the price to £5.00 in 2007. But they did me a favour, they were becoming a chore to read cause they added tons more pages to the magazine and a lot of new uninteresting articles, trivias, games, competitions, and shit.

It's sad to see it cease production especially after 30 years, but I'll never forget my favourite cover...

tumblr_lo28wiWOeF1qlb6iyo1_400.jpg

Good times.

I honestly didn't even know they still had a magazine. The last one I even remember was the one where they spoiled Jericho's 2007 return.

If it is because of lack of circulation and number of buyers declining every month, then its understandable... Maybe people simply are not buying the magazines anymore, since they can find all that and more for free on the internet. It could also be that the magazine has simply declined in quality and is not worth spending money on (or investing on it) anymore.

But if it has been discontinued as a potential means to save expenditure, thanks to the WWE Network not nearly being as big a hit as they expected, then I think it was a wrong move. WWE has been more interesting in 2014 than it has been in the last 8-9 years at least. There are many interesting superstars like Bryan, Wyatt and his family, the former Shield members, Cesaro, Paige and Emma etc, plus new signings like KENTA, Steen and Sting- so many stories and background history about these guys that could be published, that the fans would be interested in knowing about... especially if compared to the boring Cena, Kofi, Dolph, Kelly Kelly, Miz etc. of the yesteryears.

The first one I ever bought was July 1993. It had the Undertaker on the cover and two small pictures of Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart. I think it was teasing a possible match between the two of them or something.

I would get one every once in a while and then eventually my grandma started getting me subscriptions for it.

Then WWF Raw magazine came out and I ended up getting some of those as well.

I don't have any of them anymore though.

I can't remember the last time I bought one. It has to have been a super long time ago.

First one I ever got was dated September 1988 and had Brutus The Barber Beefcake on the cover. I got a subscription that Christmas and started getting them in the mail January 1989. I kept that subscription until 2010. Really I could have let it run out a few years earlier as I didn't really read the magazine for the last few years but it was just one of those things that I had so long I just kind of kept it out of habit. That magazine showed up in my mailbox every month for 2 years so it was kind of sad to let it go even though I had no use for it anymore. The real sick thing is I could probably list off who was on almost every cover from January 1989 through about the end of 1996 by memory. By 1997 I grew out of caring about such pointless things and it gets kind of fuzzy.

Seems like a mistake from a marketing perspective. Those covers Always stood out placed in grocery stores. For kids with their moms it is probably a great gateway to introduce them to the product.

But such is the age of print and gluttonous merchandizing. I guess kids can learn about WWE walking down the toy aisle just as well.

Looking through the ones I own from the late 80's to the early 00's I get nostalgic. I stopped buying it about 8 years ago when I realised I will never get nostalgic towards the modern product.

Seems like a mistake from a marketing perspective. Those covers Always stood out placed in grocery stores. For kids with their moms it is probably a great gateway to introduce them to the product.

Agree.

I have a few issues mainly from around 2007-2008. I got the RAW 15th anniversary and 500th issue (with a few pages missing because of my siblings lol). They were neat.

I hope it's cancelled because they aren't selling and not because they're trying to save money.

When I get rich, I hope someone has a vault of deadstock WCW and WWE magazines for me to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back