• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Live Melbourne Australia

timothy26

Pre-Show Stalwart
G'day guys
Attended the Melbourne live event earlier tonight, solid show, crowd was hot. Rod Laver Arena was sold out.

To start the show the announcement was made that Cena would not be appearing due to injury and you could get a refund on your tickets, as far as I could see no one left.
HBK's music hit (he was replacing Hogan as guest gm) got a good pop, came out and cut a short promo re. Australia and announced the main event was now a steel cage match.

Matches and moments, not necessarily in perfect order

Finn Balor def. Neville (NXT title match) decent match with a few spots, crowd was split but slightly in Neville's favour I believe. Balor wins with coupe de grace.

Fandango def. Adam Rose. Fandango got a big pop from the crowd surprisingly, Adam Rose got a bit of heat but not much reaction.

Luke Harper def. R Truth. Truth got a massive pop and did the "what's up". Harper had a small contingent of fans, didn't really get heat. Audience member got in Harpers face near the fence after the match and got told off by security.

Randy Orton def. King Barrett. Barrett cut a really solid promo about being the king of Australia and got a ton of heat when he mentioned England beating Australia in the cricket (biggest heat of the night) solid but standard match for these two, pacing was a little bit slow in places. Orton wins after rko

Bo Dallas cut a bo-lieve promo then HBK came out and superkicked him, went over great.

Emma and Natalya def. Bella Twins. All four divas got big pops from the crowd, Emma was the hometown girl and went over well but not quite as well as I thought she would, as Aussies are generally very patriotic.

Cesaro def. Kevin Owens. Decent match, not a classic by any means, the Cesaro swing got a huge pop and Cesaro hit the neutralizer for the win

Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose for the world heavyweight championship. Great steel cage match, plenty of good spots and Ambrose sold really well. After the match Rollins kept beating up Ambrose and then set up a table but Ambrose hit the dirty deeds then elbow dropped Rollins through the table.

Ambrose then cut a short promo " sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but you always break a table" then the night was over.

Overall good show bit of a pity for the young fans that Cena didn't make it. Thought HBK was a great replacement for Hogan. Not sure what happened with Sheamus, was advertised but didn't show for whatever reason.

Overall good show bit of a pity for the young fans that Cena didn't make it. Thought HBK was a great replacement for Hogan. Not sure what happened with Sheamus, was advertised but didn't show for whatever reason.

Quite a lot was changed from this tour. Hogan of course we all know about, but HBK sounded like he did a good job replacing him. Cena had his nose broken, it's a shame as you say for his younger fans. And there are reports that Sheamus isn't on the tour. No one seems to know why right now.

Yeah I went to the Sydney Live show on Saturday night.... Sounds like an exact replay of what happened in Melbourne on Friday, exact same card and results right down to the Superkick to Bo Dallas.... My highlight of the night was King Barrett's "King of Australia" Promo, everyone was cracking up especially when he said he accidentally left his scepter backstage and asked one of the "peasant" stagehands to look under the ring for something he could use as a scepter.... Out comes a cricket bat and Barrett goes on about how England are totally kicking Australia's arse in the Ashes.... It was pure gold

Cesaro didn't disappoint, wonder what Vince McMahon's opinion is of him now.
I would of liked to have seen Finn Balor in full face and body paint, but I understand It is a lengthy process and saved for PPV's and other special events.

Biggest disappointment was Cena not being able to travel, would of loved to see one of his promos live.

Yeah I went to the Sydney Live show on Saturday night.... Sounds like an exact replay of what happened in Melbourne on Friday, exact same card and results right down to the Superkick to Bo Dallas.... My highlight of the night was King Barrett's "King of Australia" Promo, everyone was cracking up especially when he said he accidentally left his scepter backstage and asked one of the "peasant" stagehands to look under the ring for something he could use as a scepter.... Out comes a cricket bat and Barrett goes on about how England are totally kicking Australia's arse in the Ashes.... It was pure gold

Cesaro didn't disappoint, wonder what Vince McMahon's opinion is of him now.
I would of liked to have seen Finn Balor in full face and body paint, but I understand It is a lengthy process and saved for PPV's and other special events.

Biggest disappointment was Cena not being able to travel, would of loved to see one of his promos live.

Yea that's usually the way these live events unfold. Each one follow a distinct pattern, and with only have a portion of the roster there, it's not surprising.

We find the same happens here. There is always an A show and a B show. Toronto usually gets the A show. So all I have to do if I want spoilers, is look at the last couple of live events with the same card, and read what happens.

Usually don't though, cause it's much more fun to watch it happen. The one thing we know for sure is that all the Canadians will win. They always do. Although Owens is on the card for the next show in September so we'll have to see. I think he's taking on Cesaro, so should be a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back