Wwe just put Rey Mysterio in the main event already,Permanently

punk is gold

Occasional Pre-Show
For the life of me I don't understand why on a regular basis Rey Mysterio is kept away from the main event.I understand the whole "size" argument but #1 Everyone does know wrestling's scripted #2 It hasn't stopped the Wwe from making possibly the greatest cruiserweight champion(Chavo Guerrero) in Wwe history continuously job to a dwarf #3 He's beaten Batista,Kane,and Big Show so it's not like they have a problem putting him over Wwe's best big men.We all know he's one of if not the #1 leading merchandise seller in the Wwe atm and I personally think on popularity alone he deserves another World title run.I would have enjoyed the Mysterio-Punk feud more if it was for the World title ,although I'm loving Swagger's reign.But do you think Rey Mysterio should be in the main event on a constant basis or not?

Rey Mysterio isn't permanently in the main event because of numerous reasons.

First off: Rey Mysterio is a great talent for great matches, he's great at putting over talent through having great matches with them without necessarily loosing all the time, he made Dolph Ziggler look GREAT at Summerslam 2009 for example, hell through the whole feud, while Dolph never captured the championship, he made him look good.

Secondly: Like Chris Jericho, Rey is very versatile, he can work in any of the divisions and bring credibility to the championship belts (at least the mid-card championships and tag team championships) and can have great feuds revolving around the belts just like Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio in 2009.

Rey doesn't need to be in the main event all the time, he doesn't need to be in a situation where he is a legitimate contender constantly for the world championships, he serves a purpose being in the upper mid-card (with possibility of taking the main event picture spot if needed) like Chris Jericho, and I have yet to see anybody say "just put Chris Jericho in the main event picture".

I'm not gonna say that Rey Mysterio does, or doesn't need to be in the main event picture permanently, I'd say he's doing just fine in the spot he's in right now, he makes the upper mid-carders and mid-carders look good, he's made the Straight Edge Society look good with their feud, even if CM Punk lost most of the time.

I think one of the reasons why he is not always in the main event is because he is a versatile wrestler. He can look good in any division. You can see him with a primary secondary or tag team championship belt around his waist. Chris Jericho is exactly the same in this respect. There are some wrestlers who are too main event, however. Main eventers who you could not see doing anything else but being at the bottom of the card. Could you see The Undertaker, Edge, Cena, Orton, etc with the IC or US title now?

Rey is also someone who is capable of making a non-title feud engrossing. Look at what he did recently with CM Punk. It was perfect.

When he retires, Mysterio will be remembered as one of the greats. Regardless of how many world championships he has won. I would like to see him in the main event a bit more than he is but he doesn't need to be. If he has a feud as good as the one he had with CM Punk next, then I will be a happy guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back