• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE House Shows

tRKOj

Occasional Pre-Show
I couldn't find a thread on this so i'm gonna start one.

Now the recent Wrestlezone article by Bob Bamber about wrestler's needing an offseason makes sense but instead of having a full 6-8 week offseason maybe my idea would work.
I would have RAW and SmackDown keep going every week just like now but instead of having like 4 live events/house shows a week y not try and cut them down 2 maybe lets say 4 a month. Now before everybody says they'll lose money lets look at it this way titles dont change at these things and fueds dont really move along or get bigger and fueds very rarely start at them so i really dont see the importance of them other than letting the fans see a wrestling show but cutting them down 2 4 a month still allows fans 2 see them and it give the wrestlers more time off.
Now yes WWE would lose some income and 4 that this idea will never happen but at the same time they would be changing their image a lil bit 2 say that they care bout their wrestlers.

So that is my idea 2 give the wrestlers some more time off without an offseason so u guys debate this and tell me if my idea would work.

its a good idea but to be honest i dont care. i dont watch house shows anyways. i do agree with them needing more time off. and sometimes the titles do change on the house shows i remeber the last one if im correct is the tag titles with london and kendrick vs cade and murdoch. the stories do carry on in the house shows too. skip shefield and david otunga were suppose to get a tag title shot at noc but he broke his ankel during the match.

John Morrison and The Miz also won the World Tag belts at a live event

Compare your idea to an ordinary job for a moment; would you rather work 9-5 Mon-Friday and have a kickass summer holiday in the Bahamas or where ever, or have a 3 day weekend all year round with no other time off?

I think if the time that the wrestlers take off is rotated then it can work. What I mean is when Undertaker is taking time off, Triple H isn't, something like that. Plus it's not as if everyone has to written into an injury angle to get them off TV, look at Shawn Michaels after he lost to the Undertaker at WM 25, no where to be seen until a few weeks before Summerslam.

Totally agree with the OP. That's what I've always thought, keep TV running all year but once in a while have a week with only TV tapings and no live events. That way they wouldn't have to worry about a complicated rotation system that leaves them without their top stars for weeks at a time, and they keep their networks happy all while giving the talent a one day work week for 2-3 months out of the year. Of course its a lot more complicated than that factoring in promotion and other variables, but I'm sure they could work this out if they were committed. It seems like a good compromise between business and health of the talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back