WWE Hell In A Cell: WWE Raw Women Championship - Sasha Banks © VS Charlotte

Match Result :

• Sasha Banks retains her title.

• Charlotte regains the title.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
CuX0Nd0VYAEydYn.jpg:small

WWE announced this inevitable rematch between the new champ Sasha Banks and former champ Charlotte on Twitter. And as of now, It's not a Hell In A Cell match.

I would have preferred Charlotte getting the rematch at tonight's Raw rather than announcing it at Twitter.

Still, I guess Sasha ends Charlotte's undefeated streak in PPV singles match by defeating her via submission.

Sasha Banks retains the title and why? I think WWE sets up towards a Sasha Banks heel turn which then ends up resulting in Sasha having a program with Bayley for the title

Sasha Banks retains the title and why? I think WWE sets up towards a Sasha Banks heel turn which then ends up resulting in Sasha having a program with Bayley for the title

This is ultimately what I'm thinking.

While I don't know if it'll go down this way, my ideal little scenario involves Sasha making a slow transition to a heel that ultimately takes place sometime very close to or just after the beginning of 2017. Now, I could see her having a title match against Bayley in which Sasha ultimately cheats her ass off to retain, then turns full blown heel on Bayley as a means of setting up an eventual match between them for WrestleMania next year in which Bayley wins the title. Or, if WWE is able to keep Bayley & Sasha separate by giving them each solid programs before initiating the push to their clash at WrestleMania, I'd be all for that.

I see little to no chance of Charlotte regaining the title as this sort of match is the perfect blow off to the program; when the rumors were floating about that they'd have a match inside HIAC, having Charlotte drop the title to Sasha once again on Raw rather than waiting for the HIAC ppv was exactly the right thing to do.

How cool and memorable would it have been if Sasha had claimed the title in the first female HIAC and in the closing match on the card. That would've been great.

Foley announced earlier today that Sasha vs. Charlotte will occupy the main event spot, so this Cell match will be closing the show.

This puts even more pressure on them to deliver as strong of a match as they can and they need to at least try to deliver one of the most memorable Cell matches in history.

Foley announced earlier today that Sasha vs. Charlotte will occupy the main event spot, so this Cell match will be closing the show.

This puts even more pressure on them to deliver as strong of a match as they can and they need to at least try to deliver one of the most memorable Cell matches in history.
That's a decision we all should welcome.

Neither Owens-Rollins feud nor Reigns-Rusev feud had what it takes to main event a PPV. While Sasha-Charlotte feud has been full of emotion and is more of a personal feud than the others mentioned.

Both Owens and Rollins are good performers but this feud has been lackluster, thanks to illogical absence of Triple H. WWE is dragging Rollins-HHH feud a lot longer than it should've been.

I think that the Women's division still has a lot of hills to climb before it's on par with where it wants to be. I think that Charlotte is their best chance at helping the division become as big as its hype. Sasha is money no matter who you put her up against, though Charlotte seems to do a better job at being in the role of champion.

I think it's great that they'll close the show, I'm hoping that there will be more storytelling than mindless violence.

At this point, I don't care who wins, the only thing I'm hoping is that this is the last match between those 2 because the steam behind this feud is all but gone. The stipulation also makes no sense since sasha won the championship clean twice so why would you need a structure to keep people out especially since it seem like dana and charlotte have split.

I'm legit scared for Sasha here. They need to book this creatively and reign them in, otherwise we know they will go so all out that they could get seriously hurt. Sasha especially has a tendency to do some reckless things(towards herself) in big matches, to where I am legit nervous for her here.

I'm legit scared for Sasha here. They need to book this creatively and reign them in, otherwise we know they will go so all out that they could get seriously hurt. Sasha especially has a tendency to do some reckless things(towards herself) in big matches, to where I am legit nervous for her here.
I had read a report saying that Sasha Banks has been toning her her upper body especially for this gimmick match. Their matches do have Charlotte treating her like a ragdoll and almost everytime pulling a dangerous move. Like Sasha landing abruptly in the suicide dive in one match or the backbreaker from the middle rope in the another.

That's what makes this match much more interesting. Just to see how these good women wrestlers innovate themselves for this match.

According to the WON, there's a strong push backstage in WWE for this match to ultimately be in the main event slot of the show this Sunday but Vince doesn't feel that it should. The report doesn't state why Vince is opposed to it or anything, so my own opinion is that Vince simply doesn't feel that the women are strong enough to genuinely be in THE main event slot at a ppv. Triple H is said to be in favor of Sasha & Charlotte closing the show as he not only has faith in them, but feels that it puts more emphasis on the fact that this match goes down in Sasha's hometown of Boston and on the history that this match will make as it's the very first of its kind for women in WWE.

As I said in the thread regarding a woman winning the Royal Rumble, I'm really pleased with the progress women in WWE have made over the last 15 months so, for me, whether they actually main event this Sunday or not isn't a deal breaker that I'll be bitching about afterward. With that being said, I do think it's the right move to make in this case because of the circumstances surrounding the match. For one thing, it's Sasha Banks' hometown and there's a very strong probability of her getting the biggest pop of the night. For another, you have to consider the possibility that the gals are going to go all out in this match because it's historic and there's always the chance that whatever match would close the show, which would be Owens vs. Rollins almost certainly, simply won't be as good. There's also what I think is a very strong possibility of Triple H interfering so that Rollins loses; I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this feeling though it would be a nice surprise to see the match end clean.

Another thing to consider is that this match is almost certainly the blow off to the Sasha vs. Charlotte program, it's the first female Cell match so having Sasha lose only to have yet one more match to close it is not only reductant but undermines the historic potential of this match itself. As a result, closing the show with Sasha emerging victorious after a helluva physical bout with Charlotte to retain the Raw Women's Championship inside the Cell and basking in the babyface adulation of her hometown crowd strikes me as simply the most logical way to end the show.

According to the WON, there's a strong push backstage in WWE for this match to ultimately be in the main event slot of the show this Sunday but Vince doesn't feel that it should. The report doesn't state why Vince is opposed to it or anything, so my own opinion is that Vince simply doesn't feel that the women are strong enough to genuinely be in THE main event slot at a ppv. Triple H is said to be in favor of Sasha & Charlotte closing the show as he not only has faith in them, but feels that it puts more emphasis on the fact that this match goes down in Sasha's hometown of Boston and on the history that this match will make as it's the very first of its kind for women in WWE.

As I said in the thread regarding a woman winning the Royal Rumble, I'm really pleased with the progress women in WWE have made over the last 15 months so, for me, whether they actually main event this Sunday or not isn't a deal breaker that I'll be bitching about afterward. With that being said, I do think it's the right move to make in this case because of the circumstances surrounding the match. For one thing, it's Sasha Banks' hometown and there's a very strong probability of her getting the biggest pop of the night. For another, you have to consider the possibility that the gals are going to go all out in this match because it's historic and there's always the chance that whatever match would close the show, which would be Owens vs. Rollins almost certainly, simply won't be as good. There's also what I think is a very strong possibility of Triple H interfering so that Rollins loses; I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this feeling though it would be a nice surprise to see the match end clean.

Another thing to consider is that this match is almost certainly the blow off to the Sasha vs. Charlotte program, it's the first female Cell match so having Sasha lose only to have yet one more match to close it is not only reductant but undermines the historic potential of this match itself. As a result, closing the show with Sasha emerging victorious after a helluva physical bout with Charlotte to retain the Raw Women's Championship inside the Cell and basking in the babyface adulation of her hometown crowd strikes me as simply the most logical way to end the show.

Agreed. Well said. And while Rollins-Owens could be a great match, the feud really hasn't felt like it was that over. Jericho has been the highlight of the whole thing.

Sasha-Charlotte has been the better feud, and could possibly even be the better match. It should be good at the minimum, and good point on closing the show with the hometown baby face pop. I didn't realize it was in her hometown. That makes it a no brainer, IMO.

I have to agree with a lot of what JH said as well. This is the first time the women will be in a HIAC match and it should be treated as something special. It's not like they are going to main event the Rumble or Mania, this is a RAW brand PPV. Sometimes you have to start somewhere and why not have them main event their own brand's PPV. I like to call it baby steps.

If it goes down well then the WWE has lost nothing and gained everything. There will be no reason why the women can't main event another PPV maybe one of the big four some time down the road. If the match doesn't go as well as they want it too, then it will be a long time before they main event another one.

As it is though, you have two of the best women's wrestlers on the roster today and with it being Sasha's hometown, I think both of them will be raring to go. I can't wait to see what happens.

According to the WON, there's a strong push backstage in WWE for this match to ultimately be in the main event slot of the show this Sunday but Vince doesn't feel that it should. The report doesn't state why Vince is opposed to it or anything, so my own opinion is that Vince simply doesn't feel that the women are strong enough to genuinely be in THE main event slot at a ppv.

Generally speaking, it's because Vince has always held to the belief that women don't draw a dime. I don't know if that's changed since HHH has taken over a corporate role, but Vince has always seen women as being filler and a buffer, and for many years, can you blame him? When you've had Candace Michelle, Kelly Kelly and Nikki Bella getting extended stays atop the division in the past ten years, there's a clear mindset there. Has a women's match ever main evented a WWE PPV? Excluding NXT, I don't believe so. If there's a desire to show a new direction that women's wrestling truly matters, here's the perfect spot. It's a historic, first time match in the champion's hometown. Neither of the other cell matches are really main event level matches. This match feels like a feud, with the women exchanging the championship on three different occasions. This is likely the end of the feud, and the cell really feels like the right choice.

Whatever it's spot on the card, this is going to be a whale of a match. They half-killed themselves at Summerslam having a physical match, and I imagine they'll up the physicality here. I wouldn't be shocked if Sasha lost the match here, like I was surprised at Summerslam when Charlotte regained the title. With the brand split, the depth in the Raw's women division is a bare cupboard. There's no ready-made challenger for Sasha- Bayley loses most of her matches, Dana is still green, and Nia Jax has fallen off the radar. I still think Sasha wins in what should be a memorable match, but I'm not sure with whom she feuds next.

I got Sasha in this one. I'm curious to see where they go with Charlotte afterwards. Feud with Bayley? Her and Dana finally break up?

I got Sasha in this one. I'm curious to see where they go with Charlotte afterwards. Feud with Bayley? Her and Dana finally break up?

Makes perfect sense doesn't it?

Though the WWE never thought it that way.

I thought the PPV was fine but it really goes to show that with the brand split they need to get rid of the gimmick PPV's.

All three HIAC matches were fine but neither of them needed to be a HIAC match, though one could argue Owens/Rollins, with the way it was booked, used the Cell as part of the angle. Then again they could have had a similar match w/o the Cell.

I was legit surprised at the result here. Looks like they are really going to run with the Charlotte undefeated on PPV thing, which is cool IMO.

I thought the match was excellent. That table power bomb Sasha took early on was vicious, and it set up the classic underdog's body giving out on them story. Hard hitting match with selling and psychology and a couple great spots....well done as usual. The ending fell flat because I'm pretty sure that table was supposed to break. Sasha was just too light to go through it, so Charlotte improvised and hit another move to finish it.

Interested to see where this goes now. Because technically Sasha gets a rematch right? But it's hard to see this feud continuing right now. Feels like time to go away from it and maybe come back to it at Mania or something?

Interested to see where this goes now. Because technically Sasha gets a rematch right? But it's hard to see this feud continuing right now. Feels like time to go away from it and maybe come back to it at Mania or something?

I too was surprised at the result, especially since it being in front of Sasha's hometown crowd. But in all honesty I suppose that had it not been for Sasha's prior injury scare, she wouldn't have dropped the belt back to Charlotte the first time, so maybe the plan had been all along to have Sasha win match #2 as well, but Charlotte then going over here at HIAC to get the belt back on her.

But in any case, either lady is fine as champion in my book, and in all honesty... Charlotte is simply Ric's daughter, and she works supremely well as champion, because of her looks and athleticism and of course the natural Flair heel charisma, haha.

I think they really did the opening segment well as for a moment I was not sure if Sasha's injury after the powerbomb was legit or not; so kudos to them for that.

I didn't like the ending too much, it seemed a bit lackluster after the otherwise really good match. I would have preferred to either have a bit more "back and forth" with big moves before the end where either competitor kicks our, and Charlotte manages to put Sasha down only after throwing her on/through the table and then hitting two Natural Selections, for example.

But other than the quite sudden ending it was a really good match and I loved the fact that they put it as the main event to close the show, simply due to the historic significance of it.

Oh look at that. Only two people picked Charlotte to win at Hell In A Cell, and I was one of them. HAHA!! Who was the other one who picked Charlotte??

Seriously though, I always pick the challenger in Championship Title matches with a short list of exceptions, like if Chris Jericho is defending a Championship Title, or T.J. Perkins, among very few others.

I actually thought that Sasha Banks should have retained, especially with the PPV taking in Boston, giving the Boss home field advantage...then I remembered what I was watching. 88% of the time, WWE will have the "home team" lose, but we already knew that. It's as if the WWE comes on here, reads what we're typing, and goes in the opposite direction.

Oh look at that. Only two people picked Charlotte to win at Hell In A Cell, and I was one of them. HAHA!! Who was the other one who picked Charlotte??

Seriously though, I always pick the challenger in Championship Title matches with a short list of exceptions, like if Chris Jericho is defending a Championship Title, or T.J. Perkins, among very few others.

I actually thought that Sasha Banks should have retained, especially with the PPV taking in Boston, giving the Boss home field advantage...then I remembered what I was watching. 88% of the time, WWE will have the "home team" lose, but we already knew that. It's as if the WWE comes on here, reads what we're typing, and goes in the opposite direction.
Other one was enviousdominous.

I still don't like what WWE is doing by hot potatoing the Raw's Women Championship. Sasha won it in July, lost it in August, won it back at start of October and then lost it again at the end of October. This is the only problem I can find out of this feud. The matches were good. But the title was just changing hands too soon. I know why it changed at August due to Sasha's injury but now again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back