WWE Hall of Fame: Class of 2018

i'm haven't finish watching the whole show yet but i've got to say that while i get that they aired this on the network and that they don't care about how long the speeches are but they really need to have a time limit on those speech either for the presenters or the inductees because this makes no sense to have a 4 hours plus show every year.

As a exemple, just take the dudley's induction, between Edge & christian presentation and the dudley's speech, they went 45 minutes. Hillbilly jim went over 30 minutes as well.

That makes for a long show in the end. What i would like to see for the next few years. Have whoever in charge of inducting those guy have a maximum of 5 minutes to introduce those guys and let the inductees have their moments but give them 20 minutes maximum. If you advertise a show to be 3 hours, try to fit it into 3 hours. Give less time to the less important inductees if you have to or just induct less peoples but they have to cut time on this at some point.

Why cut them off? It's their last hurrah.

When I was in Memphis I worked the Premier Player Awards one year (their Grammy ceremony) and there were a lot of old timers from Hi Records who "took too much time..." they didn't care, they loved it... it truly was their last moment in front of a crowd and they naturally wanted to wring every second out of it.

Guys like Jim and Zybysko a few years back do ramble a bit, but it's their one chance to say what they want to say... Ivory and Alundra were both a bit "off kilter" but it's the longest they've ever been allowed to speak ever... Some like The Dudleyz and the Bushwhackers make it a really fun experience... and some keep it short because it fits them.

At the end of the day, it's their moment... what they do with it is theirs, and no one is going anywhere... if you're worried about 4 rather than 3 hours, you don't really have any business watching.

Why cut them off? It's their last hurrah.

When I was in Memphis I worked the Premier Player Awards one year (their Grammy ceremony) and there were a lot of old timers from Hi Records who "took too much time..." they didn't care, they loved it... it truly was their last moment in front of a crowd and they naturally wanted to wring every second out of it.

Guys like Jim and Zybysko a few years back do ramble a bit, but it's their one chance to say what they want to say... Ivory and Alundra were both a bit "off kilter" but it's the longest they've ever been allowed to speak ever... Some like The Dudleyz and the Bushwhackers make it a really fun experience... and some keep it short because it fits them.

At the end of the day, it's their moment... what they do with it is theirs, and no one is going anywhere... if you're worried about 4 rather than 3 hours, you don't really have any business watching.

personally, i don't mind seeing them ramble on and on like you said, it's their last moment in front of the crowd so go for it, but when you have the presenters takes as much time as the inductees that's where i think you should cut time. The people that are ask to induct those guys into the hall of fame are to go on a present whoever's moment it is and let the inductee get his moment in the sun.

I saw some photos of the floor seats near the end of the show, i think it was after the jarrett speech that those were taken, and half of the guest of WWE including wrestlers left because the show was too long. It's o.k. to give them the time to shine one last time but at the same time, these peoples that are guest of WWE have other things to do in the morning and can't really stay until 1 in the morning because WWE decided to run a 4 hour 30 minutes ceremony instead of the advertise 3 hour.

Like i wrote in my other post, personally, i would give 30 minutes per inductions, that means that if the presentation takes 15 minutes, then the inductee only gets 15 minutes. they really need to time these show if they don't want a repeat of what happened this year where guests left before the end of the show. The dudley's alone took almost an hour of broadcast time between their speech and edge and christian's introduction. that's too much even if it's their special moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back