• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Halftime Heat to return??

Mad Metal

Getting Noticed By Management
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=192636562

USA Network CEO, Bonnie Hammer is pushing for the return of Halftime Heat. The concept is to produce an episode of WWE Heat during the halftime of the Super Bowl. You may remember the infamous Rock, Mankind empty arena match in 1999.

It's an amazing slot to have, giving them huge potential ratings and a much wider audience than usual.

Ah, I miss seeing Sunday Night Heat on TV weekly :( it would be kind of cool to see Halftime Heat again; the empty arena match Rock & Foley was fun to watch but I guess it usually all depends on what is confirmed to take place on the show. I guess it's good for football fans that are wrestling fans and that are bored during halftime.

I too would be in favor of this. Only one problem...they barely have enough wrestlers to take part on there main shows already so it really wouldn't be like heat. Lets face it, if they brought it back it would be done wrong and probably fail.

It could be a good idea to use it too push the other titles(all but the world titles) and new talent like cody and major bros. (the way heat was meant to be...with a main event at the en something like jeff hardy vs. carlito for the ic title or something,

I would love to see a halftime heat episode because the halftime at the super bowl is quite boring and mostly the musical performances arent good any more either. This would be a good thing to have because it could entertain us the fans during halftime. But i believe in this day in age that it would be done horribly, lets face the facts, in the wwe there is no more Foley and the Rock. If they would have this i would love to see like an inter-promotional match with some big names like maybe a Punk vs MVP vs Mr Kennedy, the three best rising stars in the industry today.

yes i believe it could have a substantial impact on the ratings but only for that night because people would just watch it probably to just watch it. All in all i think it would be a good idea but in all depends on whats booked.

In Australia, Heat is on every Sunday in the afternoon,it's on after the Smackdown! repeat. it includes the mid-card Raw superstars only wrestlers like Super Crazy,Davairi,Lance Cade,Trevor Murdoch,Hacksaw Jim Dugan,World's greatest tag team and sometimes the divas.

Some are arguing that W.W.E. doesn't have enough star power to run a "Half-Time" HeAT show during the SuperBowl.. thing is though, you don't need a huge star powered roster. The only other one I remember was the one that had Rock v. Mick Foley in the empty arena brawl that ended in the worst way ever. (stupid forklift pinning Rock down, with a camera showing his face)

I can clearly see a Triple H. v. Randy Orton, Championship match. Or worse but still, John Cena v. ??? Championship match. Toss in a stipulation to the match, & it can go a nice 20 minutes.

Yea I see a championship match happening. Halftime Heat is a very good idea. I dont think they will miss this up, since it's only a one time deal. They will have one good match and thats it I believe. They should have an iron-man match :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back