WWE Greatest Stars of the respective Decades

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
The WWE released “The Greatest Wrestling Stars of the ‘80s” and “WWE Greatest Stars of the 90s” a few years ago. I was looking at the covers and I started thinking of a few things. Is this WWE’s view of who they think are in Wrestling’s "Mt. Rushmore" of the respective decades??

On the DVD Set’s cover, WWE’s “The Greatest Wrestling Stars of the ‘80s” had, from left to right, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, and Sgt. Slaughter. Do you agree that these 4 are “The 4 of the 80s”?? Would you replace any of them?? I agree with Flair and Hogan.

On the DVD Set’s cover, “WWE Greatest Stars of the 90s” had, from left to right, Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, and Bret “Hit Man” Hart. Do you agree that these 4 are “The 4 of the 90s”?? Would you replace any of them?? I agree with Austin and Rock.

On the future DVD Set’s cover, “WWE – The Greatest Sports Entertainment SuperStars of the 00s!!”, who would you think will be on the cover?? Who “deserves” to be on the cover?? Who are your top four favorites that decade??

I think we will see Triple H, John Cena, Edge, and Batista. They make up the most WWE World Title reigns in this past decade, I think. I agree with Triple H and Cena. I would rather see Jericho and Angle instead of Edge and Batista.

The WWE released “The Greatest Wrestling Stars of the ‘80s” and “WWE Greatest Stars of the 90s” a few years ago. I was looking at the covers and I started thinking of a few things. Is this WWE’s view of who they think are in Wrestling’s "Mt. Rushmore" of the respective decades??

On the DVD Set’s cover, WWE’s “The Greatest Wrestling Stars of the ‘80s” had, from left to right, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, and Sgt. Slaughter. Do you agree that these 4 are “The 4 of the 80s”?? Would you replace any of them?? I agree with Flair and Hogan.

On the DVD Set’s cover, “WWE Greatest Stars of the 90s” had, from left to right, Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, and Bret “Hit Man” Hart. Do you agree that these 4 are “The 4 of the 90s”?? Would you replace any of them?? I agree with Austin and Rock.

On the future DVD Set’s cover, “WWE – The Greatest Sports Entertainment SuperStars of the 00s!!”, who would you think will be on the cover?? Who “deserves” to be on the cover?? Who are your top four favorites that decade??

I think we will see Triple H, John Cena, Edge, and Batista. They make up the most WWE World Title reigns in this past decade, I think. I agree with Triple H and Cena. I would rather see Jericho and Angle instead of Edge and Batista.

Piper and Slaughter have no reason to be mentioned in the same breath as Hogan/Flair. Randy Savage is one guy whos name should be up there, not Slaughter!

Austin/Rock should not be in the 90's... they were hot for 2-3 years, not the entire decade. HBK should be there with Bret, and realistically, you could put Hogan there again.

For the 00's, I'd put Austin/Rock/HHH/Cena/HBK/Undertaker... lots of guys deserve it.

The 90's was Austin, HBK, Hart and The Undertaker

The Rock just does not fit into the 90's and was more of a 00's star if you ask me. HBK's real prime was the 1990's so he deserves to be there over The Rock, who didn't really catch on till 1999 and 2000.

The 00's was John Cena, The Rock, HHH and Batista, nobody else makes sense. Orton is up and coming but still does not deserve it. 2010's though, yes, more than likely.

I am talking strictly WWE so if you bring WCW into the 90's category it's a different ballgame.

The greatest wwe stars of 00's is simple. Undertaker, Triple H, Cena, HBK, Edge, and Y2J. Thats will be your cover, I cant see a four superstar cover for the greatest stars of 00's. Taker is on it because of the mania streak, Hunter gets in because of his titles in the ring and out of it, Cena is what Hogan was in the 80's, HBK is HBK, Edge earn the right in my book, and Y2J was the countdown to 00's and the 1st undisputed champion in wwe history by beating the rock and stone cold in the same night. No less no more that will be your official 00's dvd cover.

The 90's was Austin, HBK, Hart and The Undertaker

The Rock just does not fit into the 90's and was more of a 00's star if you ask me. HBK's real prime was the 1990's so he deserves to be there over The Rock, who didn't really catch on till 1999 and 2000.

The 00's was John Cena, The Rock, HHH and Batista, nobody else makes sense. Orton is up and coming but still does not deserve it. 2010's though, yes, more than likely.

I am talking strictly WWE so if you bring WCW into the 90's category it's a different ballgame.

Thats ******ed. Austin was hot for 3 years in the entire decade, and he deserves it over so many other stars of the 90s?

HBK was decent in the 90's but without a doubt, he transcended into a new level starting 1998 and through the 00's.

You guys cant name wrestlers 'of the decade' just because you watched from 1998. Last I checked, the decade was a 10 year period, and to even suggest someone deserves to be amongst the 4 best in the business with 2-3 years of work is ridiculous.

Thats ******ed. Austin was hot for 3 years in the entire decade, and he deserves it over so many other stars of the 90s?

HBK was decent in the 90's but without a doubt, he transcended into a new level starting 1998 and through the 00's.

You guys cant name wrestlers 'of the decade' just because you watched from 1998. Last I checked, the decade was a 10 year period, and to even suggest someone deserves to be amongst the 4 best in the business with 2-3 years of work is ridiculous.

The 3:16 promo was in June of 1996 and Austin was hot from that point on. I think it's unfair to say that wrestlers are disqualified because they were only big for the latter half of the decade because then you eliminate half of the great wrestlers of that era.

I think you should limit it with WWE. The reason is, a guy in WCW may seem to have more success than a guy in WWE because of the overall success of the company. Or vice versa. Same with NWA, TNA or any other promotion. If i talk of only WWE

80's:

Hogan: No need for explanation
Andre: The guy who had a streak of not getting pinned, for a very long time. He was truly the 8th Wonder of the World
Macho Man: When you steal the show and get the belt in 80's you have the be on the list, weather Vince likes you or not.
Piper: This pick is a difficult one. The reason is not the "wrestling" the reason is the show he put. Piper's Pit was the place to you have to fear in 80's, it's the place where you start or end storylines, and he was also wrestling.

90's:

Taker: Going undefeated and winning the belt. Winning at every Wrestlemania. Quite an achievement :worship:
Bret Hart: Dominating the show by showing how technical wrestling can become. no need for brawls or shows, you can be a star without a mic in your hand too.
HBK: The other wrestler who made WWE watchable, who brings both entertainment AND wrestling at the same time. Its always hard to have both qualities.
SCSA: Again a difficult pick. He basically starred only for 3 years in this decade but anyone you put on this list won't be longer either. After all, SCSA has to be somewhere in this list doesn't he?

2000's:

Cena: Like him or hate him he has been "the guy" for some years now.
HHH: His domination started at 2000 and even today he is still one of the top guys.
The Rock: Another guy who has to be in the list somehere. Since he started to be a main eventer in 99 and continued for 4-5 years we need to put him in 00's.
Jericho: First Undisputed Champion. The guy who you start thinking of when you mention Intercontinential Championship.

And my list is not based on their wrestling ability, its regarding being a "wrestling star" its more about accomplishments and being around as one of the top guys during the respective era.

Im not going to list anyone twice. the rock and scsa are big enough to be 90s and 00s but ill only put them once.

80s: Hogan-No explanation needed
macho man: huge competitor. made super powers with hogan. Could realistically beat hogan or anyone else
andre: an attraction in and of himself. unpinned for so long
piper: one of the best talkers, and definately the best to never win the big one

90s: Bret hart: The man after the hogan Era. Kept WWE from falling apart.
HBK: one of the best of all time. mr wrestlemania. boy hood dream hero. great as heel and face
SCSA: Arguably one of the best of all time, and one of the most popular of all time. led the additude era. helped contribute to the wwe winning the ratings war
Mankind: helped sway the ratings war. insanely popular at one time. great as heel or face. revolutionized hardcore wrestling. won multiple titles, even with his body type.

00s: The rock: One of the top three of all time. Best talker of all time. Helped change the ratings war. set multiple records. did the most in the shortest amount of time out of anyone in wwe history
kurt angle: one of the best wrestlers of all time, while still being a great talker. one of the quickest rises to the top
taker: left him off the 90s because he has truely established himself as a legend recently.
cena: hogan of this time. biggest current star. no signs of stopping.

80's hogan flair sting macho man andre.....

90,s bret hart hbk undertaker austin......

00's rock hhh cena angle.........

very hard to choose coz alot overlap decades straight thru the middle like rock n austin mid 90's thru 00's guys like taker n hbk who r the 2 greatest of all time basically dominated 90' and 00's i mean fuck hbk started in 88 or 89 taker debuted in wwe in 90's and even tho hes starting to slow up now he has absolutely dominated from then and his best 2 matches have been againest hbk and it was only over the last 2 years so i believe these 2 should be on the covers of both.......

shawn was the guy from january of 95 and on through late 97. im not trying to knock you bud but hbk didnt even wrestle from march of 98 through mid august of 2002. he was on tv though as a commisioner and other aspects at certain times but i wouldnt really say he transcended into a whole new level at that time. but ur right, when he came back he was better than ever. so dont take the 98 correction as my bringing u down cuz im not at all im just sayin you cant say shawn changed the game from 98 into the 2000s cuz he wasnt even really there except for quick, short lived, on screen roles

80's -

Hulk Hogan: He is the biggest name of the decade, as well as the sport period.

Ric Flair: He is considered by many to be the BEST ever. This decade was his prime, is their really an opposing argument here?

Randy Savage: He didn't hit the Hogan level of stardom, but Savage was really big from the mid 80's to the 90's in WWE. During his title run, starting in 88 and ending in 89, Savage was arguably as popular as Hogan when they formed The Mega Powers.

Roddy Piper: When I think of 80's, I think of Piper. Though he did eventually turn Face because people loved him, he was the absolute model of a perfect Heel. He was the perfect nemesis to Hulk Hogan. He was arrogant, big, popular, and could back up everything he said, and then some.

90's

Steve Austin: He hit in big on the back end of the decade. But he was around the WHOLE decade. He was in all 3 "big" companies of the 90's, WWF, WCW and ECW. Though his ECW reign was pretty short because he made the jump to WWF, Austin was pretty successful every where he went. He won titles in WCW and had a decent career there. He got injured and was let go, and the rest is history.

The Undertaker: Made his debut in WWF in the first year of that decade, 1990. He started as a Heel and became one of the most popular wrestlers of the decade and also in wrestling history. He captured The WWF Title a few times in the decade and had many notable moments and feuds.

Bret Hart: I am not the biggest Bret Hart Fan. But when I think of the 90's, I think of Bret Hart. He was the one that finally, actually took over for Hogan and did pretty well. His matches and feuds in the early to mid 90's in WWF were great. He won the WWF Title 5 times, I believe and captured the WCW on a couple of occasions as well. Even Bret's mid card title matches were of show stealing quality.

Shawn Michaels - Say what you want about HBK, he WAS the 90's. He had that rock star look, and attitude. He captured every title WWF had to offer him, some of them, many times over. Carried WWF through some rough times, during the Monday Night Wars. Started DX in 97... The Montreal Screw Job... He was involved in most every first of some kind of match, Hell In A Cell, Iron Man, Ladder Match etc...

00's -

John Cena: He is the biggest star still in the company and probably will be for quite a while more. The last 5 years, The WWE was John Cena. So it makes as much sense having him on the 00's DVD cover as it does having Hogan on the 80's edition...

I think I would actually switch this DVD up. I would give credit to more than just four guys. I think this decade has had numerous guys contribute.

On the cover of the 00's Decade DVD I would add smaller pictures of all these guys...

Cena of course

Triple H

Kurt Angle

The Rock

American Badass Taker

Chris Jericho

Batista

Edge

Randy Orton

I think some sort of mixture of all of them would sum up the decade well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back