• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Fix Your Creative Team!

RH23

Getting Noticed By Management
I have been watching the WWF/E for years. During the monday night wars i would watch the WWF. During the Attitude Era we had interesting storylines and so many characters that were so entertaining Austin Vs McMahon Undertaker Vs Kane Austin Vs Rock The Ministry Of Darkness DX. Some of the storylines were downright ridiculous but they were still good.

I Stopped watching lately because WWE's product is getting so stale. We Keep seeing the same guys fighting in the main event and the same boring storylines. Every PPV always has either Orton HHH Cena or Edge in the main event. The mid card titles prestige has been ruined because we got guys doing nothing with them and they have no feud and at some random moment they lose the titles. The Tag Team division has got to be at its worst. We've got tag teams that hold the titles for months then they randomly lose them to a team that they haven't even feuded with. And what the hell happened to the cruiserweight divsion? Back in the day they had some amazing matches. As of late WWE's ratings have been increasingly lower and i think they are finally starting to realize this "gee we cant be lazy anymore because people are actually starting to get tired of the same thing we've been to doing for the past year!"

Now that my little rant is over my question is this:
what would you do to fix the wwe?

What i would do to fix this is:
i would create interesting feuds for the IC and US Titles. I Would rotate the main event scene and the mid card scene ex: After a feud for the world title i would have someone like Edge fight for the IC title again and move somebody like MVP or Morrison to the main event scen . Why would i do this? because it shows that the IC and US belts actually has meaning and it also brings variety. As for the tag division i would have to redo everything wwe has done within the past couple of years. I would have to bring in some new guys or put guys that would work well together and put them in a feud with the Colons and possibly another tag team. I would also get rid of the Unified tag belt and just keep the original tag belts. I would also bring back the cruiserweight title and sign some new guys that would be a good fit for that division. I would also have to change the ECW name or if not that then just get rid of it and replace it with the new "Superstars" show. For me calling it ECW is just a slap in the face to the original ECW. I would also move Smackdown back to Thursdays because Friday at 7 is just a way to difficult time to watch it for a lot of people.

There is definitely something wrong with how the shows are operating these days. It seems like most of the time everything just revolves around the main event story lines and the writers don't really come up with any kind of mid card feud. Matches are just randomly put together, along with some lame ass super heavyweight demolishing some random unknown wrestler or jobber. Sometimes I get excited about a feud only to find that it leads to a dead end the following weeks.

Hopefully over the next few weeks we will start to see some new rivalries between Morrison and Benjamin, The Colons and The Brian Kendrick, and Umaga and Punk, etc. Also, I see that ECW has introduced a new stable in the form of DH Smith, Natalya, and Tyson Kidd which seems promising. These story lines all seem to have great potential, but creative has to some how find a way to stretch a few of these feuds for longer than two weeks.

I think your idea to bring back the cruiser weight division is a great one. I often thought that having that title exclusively on ECW would have done the show a world of good. I would love to see Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, JTG, and other small guy show what they can do instead of seeing Mark Henry beat the crap out of Tommy Dreamer again.

I have been watching the WWF/E for years. During the monday night wars i would watch the WWF. During the Attitude Era we had interesting storylines and so many characters that were so entertaining Austin Vs McMahon Undertaker Vs Kane Austin Vs Rock The Ministry Of Darkness DX. Some of the storylines were downright ridiculous but they were still good.

I Stopped watching lately because WWE's product is getting so stale. We Keep seeing the same guys fighting in the main event and the same boring storylines. Every PPV always has either Orton HHH Cena or Edge in the main event. The mid card titles prestige has been ruined because we got guys doing nothing with them and they have no feud and at some random moment they lose the titles. The Tag Team division has got to be at its worst. We've got tag teams that hold the titles for months then they randomly lose them to a team that they haven't even feuded with. And what the hell happened to the cruiserweight divsion? Back in the day they had some amazing matches. As of late WWE's ratings have been increasingly lower and i think they are finally starting to realize this "gee we cant be lazy anymore because people are actually starting to get tired of the same thing we've been to doing for the past year!"

i would create interesting feuds for the IC and US Titles. I Would rotate the main event scene and the mid card scene ex: After a feud for the world title i would have someone like Edge fight for the IC title again and move somebody like MVP or Morrison to the main event scen . Why would i do this? because it shows that the IC and US belts actually has meaning and it also brings variety. As for the tag division i would have to redo everything wwe has done within the past couple of years. I would have to bring in some new guys or put guys that would work well together and put them in a feud with the Colons and possibly another tag team. I would also get rid of the Unified tag belt and just keep the original tag belts. I would also bring back the cruiserweight title and sign some new guys that would be a good fit for that division. I would also have to change the ECW name or if not that then just get rid of it and replace it with the new "Superstars" show. For me calling it ECW is just a slap in the face to the original ECW. I would also move Smackdown back to Thursdays because Friday at 7 is just a way to difficult time to watch it for a lot of people.

It seems we get a thread like this every few hours now. It consists of:

-A reminscing of the Attitude Era
-A jab at the new ECW, saying its nothing like the old
-HHH, Cena in the main event too much
-Some idea on fixing the mid card

Here are a few problems with it:
- It's not the attitude era anymore. Deal with it. Oh and by the way, yes some of the attitude era storylines were ridiculous, but no, they werent enjoyable. At best they could be comparable to todays crap. I'd say Santina equals about Mark Henry's Hand child with Mae Young.

-ECW is good. watch it as a new program, forget the name, pretend its a coincidence that its the same acronym. Just like World Wildlife Fund.

-Cena is a great wrestler. He gets a good reaction everytime he enters an arena.

-Fixing the creative isnt as simple as moving "Miz or Morrison up into the main event scene". They've tried to do that before. Turns out Mike Knox and Kozlov arent that popular in the title scene. If you get shit all reaction, then you stay in mid card.

- People wouldnt buy Edge as the IC champ after so long in the main event. Plus he doesnt need the rub. Mysterio is fine with it. Also, inserting random new guys into feud with Colons equals a dead crowd and a boring match. Rookie booking really.

-Just because fridays are hard for you to watch smackdown doesnt mean its hard for everyone. Get a DVR.

Also, I see that ECW has introduced a new stable in the form of DH Smith, Natalya, and Tyson Kidd which seems promising.

Yeah, that would be the Hart Foundation, or as in FCW/OVW, The Next/New Generation Hart Foundation, well with talent like these guys who wouldn't be happy, not only because the have pro-wrestling, amateur and Ju-Jitsu Backgrounds but because, PEOPLE LOVED THE OLD HART FOUNDATION! Although i think they should be on RAW fighting The Colons for the Unified Tag Titles. I mean the name HART practically proves that they'll get the push in the WWE. I've always said WWE has lacked in Tag Teams over the past 4/5 years and that these guys will show you why other teams lacked, they had no charisma, some wrestling skill, but seriously we're they ever really that great to win Tag Titles (Teams like Hawkins and Ryder, The Spirit Squad LOL!, The Basham Brothers. They've all held tag team gold in WWE and they could've been good with proper attention, but NO! Vince doesn't think the Tag Team Division is important and look where they are now, Hawkins and Ryder have split up and the other two teams have been released. That’s why i think the New Hart Foundation will be the spark WWE needs to get the Tag Team Division great again.

honestly... i'm sick of hearing everybody bitch about how much they don't like what creative is doing. if you don't like it don't watch it! it's not the same as the attitude era, and its not going to be the same. the wrestlers in the attitude era was the golden age of wwe, and its impossible to duplicate that. there are no wrestlers right now like an austin, rock, or anybody like that. undertaker, hhh, hbk are getting old, and the wwe is in a stage of rebuilding, and so give them a break.

The WWE creative team must come on the WZ forums to get an idea as to what IWCs like because threads like this are more stale then any episode of Raw. since we love rehashing around here allow me to do so.

Just like if i dont like these "stale" threads i do not have to come here and i do not have to read them just as if i dont like raw i dont have to watch it. The creative team have entertained me for many years but do not owe me a thing so i just accept it and personally i like it more and more each day. if there comes a day where i do not like it i will turn it off and stop caring about it or the websites associated with it.

Because even though i have spent tons of money on tickets merch, and ppvs and tons of time watching anything i can get my hands on, surfing the web for info, and reading forums they owe me nothing because that is the way i choose to live my life.

Mantaur_Rodeo_Clown you are again very right. It would be so easy to say the same things. The sad truth is that most of us here would be just as bad as the writer's in WWE given what we have to work with. Not only do you need to worry about Vince bending you over and raping you if you dont agree with him. and remember: they have to keep everything PG. Not saying that all good storylines need more "racy" stuff, but the writers have only few options with what they can do and the limits they can push.

This is usually the kind of thread I'd place a bomb in and walk away in epic slow motion as it was destroyed in the background. But I'm tired, so i'll try keep this short.

I Stopped watching lately because WWE's product is getting so stale. We Keep seeing the same guys fighting in the main event and the same boring storylines. Every PPV always has either Orton HHH Cena or Edge in the main event.

Hmmm, let's see. Cena and Triple H aren't even in the title race right now. Orton is WWE champion and Edge is world heavyweight champion. They can't be facing each other since they're world champions on different shows, which means there must be some other guys in the main event!!
Let's take a look at the Judgement Day card. Orton vs Batista, Edge vs Hardy. Nope, no Trips or Edge. And on top of that, CM Punk has MitB, MVP is being groomed for a main event push, and Morrisson is not far behind. Be patient, this is the year that the next generation will be rising to the main event.

The mid card titles prestige has been ruined because we got guys doing nothing with them and they have no feud and at some random moment they lose the titles.

Regal had a feud with Punk a couple months ago. Wasn't riveting stuff but it was still a feud. And right now, MVP has Hardy, Regal and maybe even Kofi coming after his title, which should make for some interesting watching in coming weeks. And on SD, it looks like Jericho has started what is destined to be one hell of a feud against Mysterio. So what more do you actually want?

The Tag Team division has got to be at its worst. We've got tag teams that hold the titles for months then they randomly lose them to a team that they haven't even feuded with.

Come on, people are talking about the tag team belts like they're only being treated like crap now. Think of all the bad teams that have held the titles:
Basham Brothers, Rico and Charlie Haas, Road Warrior Animal and Heidenreich, Deuce n' Domino, and possibly the worst, Hawkins and Ryder.
Right now the being held by the Colons, a great tag team, after a good feud with Miz n' Morrisson. And now it appears they're going into another feud with TBK. Looks pretty good to me.

And what the hell happened to the cruiserweight divsion?

It went away?

As of late WWE's ratings have been increasingly lower and i think they are finally starting to realize this "gee we cant be lazy anymore because people are actually starting to get tired of the same thing we've been to doing for the past year!"

Yes over the past year, the WWE has been extremely inconsistant, between strange booking and bad title reigns. But right now the WWE is really starting to get back on track, so there must be some bigger reason why the TV ratings are going down. Also, TV ratings for most shows are going down right now.

But, there is always room for improvement.

Cute.

i would create interesting feuds for the IC and US Titles. I Would rotate the main event scene and the mid card scene ex: After a feud for the world title i would have someone like Edge fight for the IC title again and move somebody like MVP or Morrison to the main event scene.

That is roughly what they're doing right now.It looks like they're going to give the US title to Regal or Matt Hardy in the near future so MVP can go to the main event scene. And Morrisson doesn't seem to be far behind him

As for the tag division i would have to redo everything wwe has done within the past couple of years. I would have to bring in some new guys or put guys that would work well together and put them in a feud with the Colons and possibly another tag team. I would also get rid of the Unified tag belt and just keep the original tag belts.

I actually agree with you on this. They've got Carlito and Primo holding the titles, and they've got TBK and mystery partner (gasp) lined up for what should be a good title match and it'll hopefully go on for a while. But they need at least 1 more credible tag team so whoever wins the Colons/TBK feud can then start a feud with a champion. Here's hoping the Legacy will go back into the tag title scene, where they won't be jobbers. And perhaps having the New Hart Foundation in there would be good.

I would also bring back the cruiserweight title and sign some new guys that would be a good fit for that division.

Maybe this could happen in the very distant future. But right now the roster is already too cluttered, and there's enough belts to try and make look good without another. Alot of the Cruiserweights would probably last a few months then be released.

I would also have to change the ECW name or if not that then just get rid of it and replace it with the new "Superstars" show. For me calling it ECW is just a slap in the face to the original ECW. I would also move Smackdown back to Thursdays because Friday at 7 is just a way to difficult time to watch it for a lot of people.

I have no problem with ECW right now. Christian will be a great champion and he's got alot of good young talent to work with and teach. And also, ECW seems to be a good argument that WWE can't do much with the declining TV ratings, cause we all know Christian is a bigger draw than Mark Henry and Jack Swagger.

I do think they should get rid of superstars. The show is probably costing more to make than it's making and it's making key wrestlers even more tired, they shouldn't be wrestling 2 times in one night.

I'd also get rid of Santina before people get truly sick of it and start chanting "we want wrestling!"

I'd also make Edge's current reign a nice long one, but also his last one. He's had a good few years and a lot of title reigns. But now I think Edge needs to start putting young guys over and then let him take over as the respected veteran posts that HBK and Undertaker will be leaving behind. Same goes for Triple H and Jericho.
Then build the new stars like you've never built before. Make CM Punk a star, because we all know he has the potential. But they should be very very careful, people are close to turning on him due to his overexposure last year. He is one win over a much-loved superstar away from becoming the next Cena.
Morrisson should also be built up, people need a reason to care about him. I think next years MitB should have his name written on it.
They need to take advantage of Kennedy coming back. Obviously, no main event push till he stays healthy for a year or so, but he can dominate the midcard when Punk, Morrisson and MVP move up.

Ok that's all I got for now. Woops, I said I was gonna make this short.

honestly... i'm sick of hearing everybody bitch about how much they don't like what creative is doing. if you don't like it don't watch it! it's not the same as the attitude era, and its not going to be the same. the wrestlers in the attitude era was the golden age of wwe, and its impossible to duplicate that. there are no wrestlers right now like an austin, rock, or anybody like that. undertaker, hhh, hbk are getting old, and the wwe is in a stage of rebuilding, and so give them a break.

No offensive but why the fuck should we "give them a break" they get paid at least 10x much than me and should write some good shit for what there getting i have watched a lot of crap on raw latley and they gone too far with this orton story its crap now it was good at first they need to get back to doing good storyline and all i can say is if i were there i would have some fucking good storys for them.

No offensive but why the fuck should we "give them a break" they get paid at least 10x much than me and should write some good shit for what there getting i have watched a lot of crap on raw latley and they gone too far with this orton story its crap now it was good at first they need to get back to doing good storyline and all i can say is if i were there i would have some fucking good storys for them.

Can I please hear some of these storys u got.

Anyway, the WWE is starting to put some pieces together because right now the IC title on smackdown is having 2 former world champions and possibly one of the best heels in a while in Jericho. Also Morrison v Benjamin is currently going on and this fued can possibly get both these guys into the main event. Back on ECW the New Hart Foundation has formed, and the Unified titles can be fought on any show, so with them TBK and mystery partner Legacy (hopefully) and the Colons we can have great tag team matches ultimately leading to a fatal 4 tag match at Summerslam. Now on RAW, MVP is in a fued with Regal and now with Hardy (who is also a top superstar) and Kofi for the US title fued there is going to be great matches between them 4 as well. The WWE has been garbage for the last 2 or 3 years ago but now i think they are starting to get it right.

It seems we get a thread like this every few hours now. It consists of:

-A reminscing of the Attitude Era
-A jab at the new ECW, saying its nothing like the old
-HHH, Cena in the main event too much
-Some idea on fixing the mid card

Here are a few problems with it:
- It's not the attitude era anymore. Deal with it. Oh and by the way, yes some of the attitude era storylines were ridiculous, but no, they werent enjoyable. At best they could be comparable to todays crap. I'd say Santina equals about Mark Henry's Hand child with Mae Young.

-ECW is good. watch it as a new program, forget the name, pretend its a coincidence that its the same acronym. Just like World Wildlife Fund.

-Cena is a great wrestler. He gets a good reaction everytime he enters an arena.

-Fixing the creative isnt as simple as moving "Miz or Morrison up into the main event scene". They've tried to do that before. Turns out Mike Knox and Kozlov arent that popular in the title scene. If you get shit all reaction, then you stay in mid card.

- People wouldnt buy Edge as the IC champ after so long in the main event. Plus he doesnt need the rub. Mysterio is fine with it. Also, inserting random new guys into feud with Colons equals a dead crowd and a boring match. Rookie booking really.

-Just because fridays are hard for you to watch smackdown doesnt mean its hard for everyone. Get a DVR.

First off i want to thank you for voicing your opinion. I know its not the attitude era anymore and for that reason i probably shouldn't have brought it up because like you said, it gets brought up a lot. But when you think of the creative team at its best what do you think of? the Attitude Era. With regards to Edge, he's one of my favorite guys on the roster but lets face it, he's a 9x champion now and he's done that in only 4 years compared to Ric Flair or HHH. I just think that if you got a guy like Edge, Batista, or even Cena(which it will most likely never happen) with the IC or US title in a lengthly feud while carrying the title, it gives a more fresh main event scene. Plus it shows that the show your watching isn't all about the main event guys and their feuds thus people would watch the whole show instead of waiting till the main event match. It seems like the creative team, to me only cares about the main event scene. Also with the ECW name, to me it just seems like Vince chose it to show that he is the most powerful promoter in professional wrestling(because it shows that he owns ECW). As for the DVR lol, unfortunately i cannot afford one(i wish i could though).

Though WWE is slowly picking itself out of its own personal recession (interpretate it how you please), a couple things are still need to be done. Vince has this idea to host a show every night of the week on different networks... Hmmm, thats SOOOOOO ingenius there VKM. Sorry, but LESS IS MORE apparently. So what does that make MORE equal to.... LESS. Ive got a small list below of what might do good, excluding the ideas that WWE have got already or are currently doing:

1. Get rid of Superstars, your wasting possible feuds that could be used in the future into one short match. Very good. Only have RAW on Monday, SD! on Thursday or Friday, Tuesday for ECW & one online show to recap one weeks worth of WWE programming.

2. Change the name ECW to more of a show name like Raw or SD!, not a company name. It confuses people & makes them angrwee. For people to stay with my argument, i will refer to ECW as ECW.

3. Keep one title as a brand-exclusive title. (IC to SD!, US to RAW, ECW to ECW) I'd change the ECW belt to Extreme Rules Belt where every title defence is an Extreme Rules Match, due to reason no.2. This maybe a hardcore championship, but this could make people in reason no.2 a little happier & gives an even bigger reason to watch that match, being it wont be the start match at every PPV.

4. The ME titles & Womens titles should merge with their respective titles & wrestlers who hold the titles (including Tag Titles) travel to all three shows (except WWE Champ).

5. Have one ME title to show who the best really is in the company. The IC & US titles can act as the WHC, priming wrestlers to become a WWE Champ or giving it to a wrestler who isnt all that quite the material to carry a company but be recognised as a big player of the company. The one womens champ shows there is on dominate female wrestler. Then you will be able to get better title feuds, wrestlers getting more exposure by fighting their way to the top & when they win titles, it will give that extra prestige.

6. JR & The King on RAW, Striker & Grisham on SD!, Cole & Matthews on ECW. Sorry Cole, i dont see you as a more credible commentator than JR. Id put you with Striker, but he & Grisham are a pair, like JR & King. They won a Slammy Award for the best commentating for crying out loud!!!!

7. Lift the PG rating to something a little more flexible for the already constricted Creative Team. Its like sending them to those closet type solitary confinement rooms and telling them to lie down. There are so many limits & obstructions that they cant go many ways with how their go about their duties.

8. Remove this 3 week build up for PPV's. Remove half the PPV's. Keep Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series & Royal Rumble as the main tri-branded PPV's. Make the WWE Draft a PPV, somewhere between WM & Summerslam Charge extra for these PPV's & give the people something to get charge extra for. Utilise Saturday Night's ME as a re-occuring PPV (use this 3 to 4 nights a year). Make it Tri-branded, no interpromotional matches, longer length, charge extra. There will be less PPV's, more chance of exciting matches, less customer discrimination on buying PPV's (like some prefer Backlash over JD, trust me on this one, I know these people), people wont mind paying extra money to see better quality PPV's, less PPV's to buy so customers have longer periods to save money for the shows & may save a little extra money than the already clustered PPV schedule is squeezing them for.

I don't see any major flaws here, it coudnt hurt to give it a shot. If any1 has complaints, tell me. Im interested. Some of my dreams & thoughts have actually been done in the WWE and hasnt failed yet (HBK v.s Taker at WM25). I wasnt the one to create the whole thing, but i did submit the idea to them a year or something ago. Im just happy that i sent an idea & it happened, so Take it for what its worth.

8. Remove this 3 week build up for PPV's. Remove half the PPV's. Keep Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series & Royal Rumble as the main tri-branded PPV's. Make the WWE Draft a PPV, somewhere between WM & Summerslam Charge extra for these PPV's & give the people something to get charge extra for. Utilise Saturday Night's ME as a re-occuring PPV (use this 3 to 4 nights a year). Make it Tri-branded, no interpromotional matches, longer length, charge extra. There will be less PPV's, more chance of exciting matches, less customer discrimination on buying PPV's (like some prefer Backlash over JD, trust me on this one, I know these people), people wont mind paying extra money to see better quality PPV's, less PPV's to buy so customers have longer periods to save money for the shows & may save a little extra money than the already clustered PPV schedule is squeezing them for.

i agree with the idea of less ppvs. with the ppvs every three weeks, it sometimes makes feuds that are good to short.

I laugh whenever someone says that the feuds go on too long and it's the same people in the main event all the time BLAH BLAH BLAH..

Than they turn around and praise the attitude era. While I loved the attitude era myself. it was also very repetitive and basically had the same people in the Main event.

Austin-Mcmahon was basically the same feud for 5 years
Austin-Rock- How many times did they main event together, often
Rock-HHH- Same thing

And basically it was the same guys in the main event HHH-Austin-Rock-Foley (than later on Angle)

So don't say you hate wrestling now because it's always the same main eventers, wrestling has always been like that.

Hell in the 80's the only real main eventer there was, was Hogan and whatever Heel they decided to build up for his next big opponent.

Fix the WWE? I wouldn't say it is broken as I still watch Raw every Mon night. However, I will not deny that the product could be improved. These are three things that would improve the WWE IMO.

- Unify the World and WWE championships: - Now I know people believe their are to many main eventers to do this but alot of people complain that we see the same people hovering around the title all the time. This would allow for fresher feuds as the same people would not be chasing the title all the time. IMO their needs to be one man that is "the man" for the company. One person should represent the entire WWE "Universe" as champion. It will bring more prestige to the title and the person who holds it. It garner more intrest in the matches that it is defended in and so on. This would be good for the company. I would also unify the Woman's and Diva's championships. Get rid of the ECW title and let the intercontinental and US titles be used to build up the mid-card.

- Fix Creative- Like the title of the thread states, the creative team does need an overhaul. With only one main title, the writers would have to come up with interesting storylines for the main wrestlers not fighting for the title. I would try to focus on storylines' that weren't so over-the-top. Keep things rather simple for awhile.

- Stop with the constant shuffling of the GM's/Authority- It is extremely annoying to see GM's brought in and then written out so quickly. It makes the show and the product seem disorganized. I would have one GM/Commisoner for all of the shows. One strong symbol of power would be better then the constant shuffling we've become accustomed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back